75 points should do it

75 points should do it

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:54 pm

http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/McIlr ... 6107341.jp

I might have issues with Sammy from time to time, but I can't fault the guys enthusiasm and belief that 75 points will see us in a play-off position. I'm confident that if we can start another run of winning games then we can do it. A tall order, but not beyond the squad by any means.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: 75 points should do it

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:16 pm

very very tight at the top but we have a good chance of making the play offs if we win tommorow we will be fight up there just outside but we need the teams above us to have a couple of bad results
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:49 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:very very tight at the top but we have a good chance of making the play offs if we win tommorow we will be fight up there just outside but we need the teams above us to have a couple of bad results

if we do make the play offs and actually win promotion i for one aint sure we are ready for l1

i would rather we stopped in l2 for now,make the move to the new stadium and push on from there.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Mark S » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:07 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
i would rather we stopped in l2 for now,make the move to the new stadium and push on from there.

You are joking arent you?

Why would we pass up an opportunity to get promoted? What is the worst thing that can happen?

Hopefully we have more ambition than settling for what we have. For me football is all about one word.

Hope :)
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:47 pm

i would rather we stopped in l2 for now,make the move to the new stadium and push on from there.[/quote]

We may only get the one chance and if that chance came this season we go for it!Interestingly with the majority of the squad out of contract , the opportunity to build a squad already IN League 1 would be an ideal time to do it.

We may struggle, but what the hell. We gave Carlisle a run for their money earlier this season and if they can compete then I'm sure we can.

Gates obviously would have to improve and that would be a concern. But away fans would increase and the attraction of a new stadium as well as a new team would be an added attraction to visitng supporters.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:14 pm

Coley is thinking Accy could hack it in league 1.

If they can then us with a new stadium and much increased turnover should have no fears.

With all that has happened in football today as long as we don't go mad with players wages we would be ok.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Sammy seems to be already looking at the squad and thinking where we need to improve I think quite a few of the squad could make the step up.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion