BBC 1 programme Tuesday 9pm

Re: BBC1 program tonight 9pm

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Yawn Durham sorry mate.

I talk what i think on my mind that is all , i had issues with my posts , and now my posts should be more easier to understand because Ive got spell checker.

When i talk about prices i only say a view on what i fell and also , from what other football teams do Durham i understand where you are coming from anyway. 8-)
darrenlock

Re: bbc1 program tonight 9pm

Postby marky » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:47 pm

Sorry to take this o/t but whilst you didn't have a spell checker, what was wrong with typing up your posts in a word processor (Microsoft Word for example), doing a spell check on there, then cutting and pasting your posts in here? I've avoided commenting so far because of your disability, but I must admit your ramblings were astonishingly difficult to both read and understand!

As I didn't watch the programme I can't really comment on the content, but I will provide CC with one piece of advice I give many of my customers in similar situations. Have you considered voluntary work? I know it doesn't provide any monetary assistance but it is always good to have on a CV and it can help to prove to prospective employers that you are willing to do just about anything. As a wider comment, I've only interviewed one (yes, that's one in 7 months) immigrant who has just been trying to play the system. Nearly all have been desperate for work and would do pretty much anything. I have interviewed many more (both in number and in percentage terms) of natives for whom work is a swear word. Darren, CC, etc, your bitterness is, in my experience, aimed at entirely the wrong set of people.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:58 pm

[As I didn't watch the programme I can't really comment on the content, but I will provide CC with one piece of advice I give many of my customers in similar situations. Have you considered voluntary work? I know it doesn't provide any monetary assistance but it is always good to have on a CV and it can help to prove to prospective employers that you are willing to do just about anything. As a wider comment, I've only interviewed one (yes, that's one in 7 months) immigrant who has just been trying to play the system. Nearly all have been desperate for work and would do pretty much anything. I have interviewed many more (both in number and in percentage terms) of natives for whom work is a swear word. Darren, CC, etc, your bitterness is, in my experience, aimed at entirely the wrong set of people.[/quote]

....with all due respect who the hell should our bitterness be directed to?

In my case it was the Banks refusal to provide additional funds to my former employer that lead to myself and others being made redundant. I've never shown malice towards anybody at the Job Centre. They have a shit job to do and too many use them as the first line of attack.

I blame the system that lets MPs get away with 'blue murder' whilst the rest of us have to look on and accept that our only course of action is via the ballot box which only replaces one corrupt party with another.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby marky » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:30 pm

Christies Child wrote:....with all due respect who the hell should our bitterness be directed to?

In my case it was the Banks refusal to provide additional funds to my former employer that lead to myself and others being made redundant. I've never shown malice towards anybody at the Job Centre. They have a shit job to do and too many use them as the first line of attack.

I blame the system that lets MPs get away with 'blue murder' whilst the rest of us have to look on and accept that our only course of action is via the ballot box which only replaces one corrupt party with another.

In Darren's case, certainly not immigrants, who have regularly come in for attack whenever he posts on job related issues. In your case, I'm not so sure it's entirely true that you've never shown malice towards my colleagues. I'm sure I could find things you've written on this forum about how unwilling staff are to help, etc, if I was so inclined. I'm not going to get embroiled in an expenses discussion (which I assume is what you are alluring to) though I'm pretty certain 646 MPs and their expense claims are not responsible for your plight with regards looking for a job.
marky

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 pm

agree with Marky if you have the time voluntary work is very good for your CC when looking for a job even if you have been out of work for a while if an employer sees you have done voluntary work it shows that you are willing.
heysham_mfc

Re: BBC1 program tonight 9pm

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:46 pm

Well i am angry and i do listen about what people say on here , i only did a post on the show because i have a French wife to be and when she moved to UK In 1992 .
I think the program stereotype British worker's. I am at the moment about to do a course to become either a social worker or working in a bank prefer Nat west.

And when i see people working in factories and i cant get in , something has to be wrong because i have 3 years experience in that industry maybe i am throwing poison at the wrong people but can you blame me.

When you apply for alot of work and hear nothing and then you see programs like we did last night i was shocked by the manor the workers attitude it was disgusting.

Rant over
darrenlock

Postby greenshrimp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:25 pm

Christies Child wrote: I've never shown malice towards anybody at the Job Centre. They have a shit job to do and too many use them as the first line of attack.

To be fair, job centre workers in my experience (from a recruiter and as a job seekers persepective) have been utterly useless.

As a job seeker, I was being directed at jobs I had no interest in (i.e. not in my field or at an inappropriate level (the job market was a lot healthier then)), yet when I tried to explain this to them they seemed to have no concept as to what I was saying.

As a recruiter, we are frequently sent applicants who would never have a chance in the role in the first place (i.e. underqualified or not interested). One appliacation even stated "I am not interested in this post but have been made to apply by the job centre") - we tend to send any such instances straight back to them so their case can be reviewed.
greenshrimp

Re: BBC 1 programme Tuesday 9pm

Postby marky » Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:39 pm

All I'll say to that is there is a massive drive at the moment, certainly in my region, for job submissions to be as closely matched to the job seeker as possible. I can't comment on what happened prior to last July because I didn't work for them but I do know I would never force someone to go for a job they weren't suitable for. Indeed, it's in our interest for submissions to be 'quality' because we can only take action against someone who doesn't apply for a job we matched them to if they were suitable. However, I must say employers have to take some responsibility for this. You have no idea how many poorly written and/or sparse job adverts I see every week. Recruitment agencies are particular miscreants when it comes to such adverts. All job centre staff have to go off is the advert and if crucial (and sometimes even basic) information hasn't been included, all we can do is submit a customer in good faith.
marky

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:51 pm

greenshrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote: I've never shown malice towards anybody at the Job Centre. They have a shit job to do and too many use them as the first line of attack.

To be fair, job centre workers in my experience (from a recruiter and as a job seekers persepective) have been utterly useless.

Have to agree, but to slag them off face to face as I've witnessed is the wrong thing to do. After all they are doing a difficult job and dealing with a wide variety of individuals all with their own requirements. I do admit to having expressed forthright opinions on SVs about their attitude but would never insult them face to face as that serves nobody any good.

As for voluntary work, I'm seeing Arnside AONB early next week to offer my services as I understand that they are always looking for volunteers to do some remedial work on the local limestone pavements.

A bit of hard labour and some fresh air sounds about right for me in my present frame of mind. :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:04 pm

Maybe there might even be some work in the next couple of months at Christie Park moving to a new ground can not be a simple job would think the club will need all the help it can get.

Have to agree about the Job Centre though they seem to want to get people to apply for any job that is going at the time.
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:07 pm

I would be more than happy to help because it looks good on my c.v and talking to locals people could improve my chances of future employment you see. ;)
darrenlock

Postby wijit » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:20 pm

To just nip back to the programme, what we shouldn't lose sight of is that had the programme makers looked only at people like* Darren and CC there would be no programme at all. It isn't worthy of television to show good old hard working Brits, who through (mostly) no fault of their own have found themselves on the wrong side of the Job Centre but ARE trying to find work. It would have no value to show this programme as a mirror image of what they did show.
It's tabloid TV, utterly pointless and not to be taken too seriously. Take a look up most roads where the bulk of the properties are rented (nthis isn't a snob-rant) you will see a single parent who seems to be out every weekend and has every electrical domestic appliance known to man, and you will remember that person. What we never notice are the ones who don't take the p*ss and are genuinely trying their best to find work, which in turn enables their children to grown with the inbuilt mentality to work for what they want.
As I say, this is tabloid TV, it's like the "scammy" stuff we see about people putting claims in for every stupid little scratch and cut or bump. It's not TV to show the ones who have injuries caused by real incompetence.

*Obviously, I don't mean "like" in a bad way at all, you guys I genuinely only want the best wishes for because I know you are trying, and the best of luck in your efforts.
wijit

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:26 pm

Cheers

Well i could claim Hosuing Benefit but i dont want it , because i just want my £50 a week ,i don't want the extra cash because being given money for nothink is very wrong in my opinion.

I do hope the job center looks at me now and says Yes he wants to work and does everythink to help me and other like myself . We are all not lazy gits lol.

Thanks i respect people's opinions and see you guys in North Stand come saturday with my bright blue away kit from shrimper :) .
darrenlock

Previous

Return to General Discussion