O/T Bridge pulls out of England duty

O/T Bridge pulls out of England duty

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:06 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8536491.stm

I don't know what other SV's think but england don't have many decent left backs and I consider Bridge as one of the best left backs, we do however have lots of center backs....I personally believe Terry Should have done this himself and stepped down from the england team!!

Thoughts??????
thegentlegiant

Re: O/T Bridge pulls out of England duty

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:10 pm

John Terry image was a family man that is a great joke, that is like my spelling last week was always perfect :lol: :lol:

I think the Aston Villa left back deserved to start a match and i was thinking this before the scandal with Terry sleeping with Wayne's girlfriend and they had a kid sick.

But i hope Capello drops Terry for the Egypt match and brings some body else in
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:18 pm

It should be Terry who no longer has an England career, not Bridge. After all Terry is the one to caused the problem. However I wonder if the rest of the squad wonder in private 'there but for the grace of God, go I' as I'm sure there are others just as guilty but are yet to be caught out.

Wealth and fortune brings its perils and temptations and in some cases a complete contempt for others.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:36 pm

darrenlock wrote:John Terry image was a family man that is a great joke, that is like my spelling last week was always perfect :lol: :lol:

I think the Aston Villa left back deserved to start a match and i was thinking this before the scandal with Terry sleeping with Wayne's girlfriend and they had a kid sick.

Warnock? Good lad but I prefer Leighton Baines of Everton.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby RedRedWine1 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:38 pm

It would be interesting if Terry had carried on with somebody else's partner in the squad, say a Gerrard, a Rooney or a Lampard. If so the outcome would have been much different I'd imagine. So morally, where is our compass? It would be interesting to hear what the other squad members think about all of this, after all they are the ones that have to play with each other. A total abuse of his seniority in the team, Terry should be hung out to dry.
RedRedWine1

Postby P/T Indie » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:04 pm

I think Warnock deserves a chance as well.

Suprised he has pulled out though it might have been difficult for him but lots of players can't stand each other and what happens if Terry gets injured and can't go to the world cup.

Didn't Terry tell Fabio that everything was sorted between him and Bridge obviously another lie.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:13 pm

Yeah Warnock sorry my mind went blank but he looks a good box to box left back.

I will never respect John Terry again because what he did bring in Ledley King and Joleen Lescott oh yes now that would be different one center back that is always injured and the other one is overpriced he is more overpriced than my gas bill lol
darrenlock

Postby Southern Shrimp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:20 pm

Bridge should get a grip, act like a professional and rise above it all as far as I am concerned! He is going to give up what is for him a once in a life time opportunity to play in a World Cup Finals for the sake of an old relationship, he is weak if you ask me!

Baines is just as good any how so not that big a deal, just hope the other love cheat gets fit in time as he is the best left back bar none!
Southern Shrimp

Postby Southern Shrimp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:27 pm

By the way, all this talk of I will never respect John Terry again etc etc is bo**ocks! Are we really that surprised that super rich, super powerful, super famous individuals such as Terry & Cole gets up to stuff like this? Its the nature of the beast, they are risk taking, extroverted blokes who thrive on this kind of stuff. The laughable thing is that most of the England team have serious skeletons in the closet, they are all as abd as each other!
Southern Shrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:55 pm

Due to left backs being so thin on the ground they should have just sacked Terry. He's over rated and has always been a bit of a dickhead.
durhamshrimp

Postby durhamshrimp » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Southern Shrimp wrote:By the way, all this talk of I will never respect John Terry again etc etc is bo**ocks! Are we really that surprised that super rich, super powerful, super famous individuals such as Terry & Cole gets up to stuff like this? Its the nature of the beast, they are risk taking, extroverted blokes who thrive on this kind of stuff. The laughable thing is that most of the England team have serious skeletons in the closet, they are all as abd as each other!

I think its more to do with being super rich but also thick as shit chavs with it. John Terry and Ashley Cole would still be behaving the same way even if they didn't have the money.

If the Coles weren't rich I'm sure they'd have settled their differences on the Jeremy Kyle show.
durhamshrimp

Postby outsider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:23 pm

Was it not Bridges EX that Terry slept with? Yes they have a kid but as I understand it they were not together at the time, also not marred, Yes Terry is but that’s between him and his wife.
If Bridge and his Ex were separated then as far as I’m concerned it has nothing to do with Bridge.

Just the British press trying to upset the England build up to another World Cup campaign.

If I am wrong then yes one had to go, but lets be honest here, given the 2 who would England miss the most? Bridge hasn't set the league alight at Man City has he?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby outsider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:31 pm

darrenlock wrote:Yeah Warnock sorry my mind went blank but he looks a good box to box left back.

I will never respect John Terry again because what he did bring in Ledley King and Joleen Lescott oh yes now that would be different one center back that is always injured and the other one is overpriced he is more overpriced than my gas bill lol

Now that is the silliest thing you have said on here Darren, King can't manage 1 full game a week so taking him to a World Cup and expect him to play in upto 9 games in 3-4 weeks would be the biggest Footballing cock up since Liverpool tried to sign Harchester united's left back
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Minder » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:35 pm

Southern Shrimp wrote:Bridge should get a grip, act like a professional and rise above it all as far as I am concerned! He is going to give up what is for him a once in a life time opportunity to play in a World Cup Finals for the sake of an old relationship, he is weak if you ask me!

I totally agree, and can't help but think that Wayne will look back in 30 years time with such regret. He said he is doing what's best for the team - I believe that to be taking the best players we have to the World Cup Finals. So how can him pulling out be best for the team?

To be honest, I've lost respect for him, too. This was his big chance to shine, and he's bottled it. I just hope that whoever comes into the spotlight will thrive on the opportunity and prove themselves at the highest level.
Christies Minder

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:44 pm

shrimper wrote:
darrenlock wrote:John Terry image was a family man that is a great joke, that is like my spelling last week was always perfect :lol: :lol:

Warnock? Good lad but I prefer Leighton Baines of Everton.

me too
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:35 pm

outsider wrote:Was it not Bridges EX that Terry slept with? Yes they have a kid but as I understand it they were not together at the time, also not marred, Yes Terry is but that’s between him and his wife.
If Bridge and his Ex were separated then as far as I’m concerned it has nothing to do with Bridge.

Just the British press trying to upset the England build up to another World Cup campaign.

If I am wrong then yes one had to go, but lets be honest here, given the 2 who would England miss the most? Bridge hasn't set the league alight at Man City has he?

I was under the impression that it happened before any split.

Also I thought this was the reason for the split, sort of assumed that though.

Hasn't this story been kept quiet for some time?
morecambe mick

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 pm

They are vastly overpaid professional footballers. So they should both suck it up and get on with playing football for the country and stop performing like spoilt brats.

I don't like Terry one bit, but he is an excellent central defender. Never thought much of Bridge, but with Cole knackered there aren't a lot of options.
Caged Lion

Postby ockers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:29 pm

isnt it all about whats best for the england team here?
we have to give ourselves the best chance to win the competition?
win the competition and this country benefits economically big time
what goes on off the pitch stays off the pitch and let them sort it out internally
two pairs of boxing gloves should sort it out for them
maybe sky could broadcast it ppv and donate proceeds to relate 8-)
maybe bridge should have a crack at cheryl tweedy? :o
ridiculous decision by bridge he should make himself available if hes up to the job
rant over...............
ockers

Postby Posh » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:45 pm

I'm going to use a derogatory word about Wayne Bridge.

Puff*.

The greatest thing a footballer can do is to play for his country in the World Cup finals. This overpaid primadonna should have done all he could to fight for his place. Does he really believe that Wayne Bridge, if he'd ended up as a plumber in Doncaster, would be sleeping with a French underwear model? Football has given him everything and he should give everything to his football. I sympathise with the events of his personal life but no wonder she dumped him if he makes decisions like this to drop a role that any England fan would walk over broken glass for.

* Does not imply any homophobic intentions on my part and is only used to describe someone as a soft git.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby ockers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:09 pm

Posh wrote:I'm going to use a derogatory word about Wayne Bridge.

Puff*.

The greatest thing a footballer can do is to play for his country in the World Cup finals. This overpaid primadonna should have done all he could to fight for his place. Does he really believe that Wayne Bridge, if he'd ended up as a plumber in Doncaster, would be sleeping with a French underwear model? Football has given him everything and he should give everything to his football. I sympathise with the events of his personal life but no wonder she dumped him if he makes decisions like this to drop a role that any England fan would walk over broken glass for.

* Does not imply any homophobic intentions on my part and is only used to describe someone as a soft git.

you mean like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ8HjDRrHt0

lol
ockers

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:53 am

[quote="ockers"]
maybe bridge should have a crack at cheryl tweedy? :o quote]

A bridge too far in my book 8-)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby marky No.1 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:01 am

Posh wrote:I'm going to use a derogatory word about Wayne Bridge.

Puff*.

There is a book out next year written by a Hereford Player regarding this type of mentality titled "Where's Your Caravan" :o

"Details have emerged of a new book being written by former Hereford United player Chris Hargraves.

Entitled 'Where's Your Caravan' it's the story of his life in the lower leagues. It starts at Everton and covers his career via Edgar Street to Torquay.

"I am delighted to be able to tell the story of life on the road for a professional footballer. The same emotions and ups and downs as the Premier League, just on £100,000 less a week and with no Bentley or nanny," said Hargraves.

The book, to be released next year, will be published by TFP, the Friday Project.

"It takes us from his wild youth - lots of sex and drugs and drink - through to domesticated family man - school runs and flatpack furniture with plenty of football in between," said TFP's Scott Park.

"Chris's book is the perfect antidote to the piles of showbiz puff masquerading as football memoirs that we seem to get from the Premier League superstars. This is the real story of football, one that transcends club allegiance and tells it like it really is."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bullsnews.blogspot.com/2010/02/w ... ravan.html

Can't fail with a title like that! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:11 pm

outsider wrote:Was it not Bridges EX that Terry slept with? Yes they have a kid but as I understand it they were not together at the time, also not marred, Yes Terry is but that’s between him and his wife.

I seem to remember reading that Bridge used to lend his house to Terry so that he could take his girlfriends there, if that's the case then he doesn't really command the moral high ground.
steve mfc

Postby alwaysright » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:15 pm

I think Bridge has cut his nose off to spite his face, as they say.
alwaysright

Postby Aspers » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:09 pm

Is he injured or is it because of John Terry tupping his ex?.
Aspers

Next

Return to General Discussion