Last night's embarrassing capitulation at Bury

Last night's embarrassing capitulation at Bury

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:48 pm

We might as well face it, some of our players are just not good enough for this division and the sooner we ship them out the better.
I also have to question Sammy's man-management and team selection skills after that appalling display.

Why he persists in playing some of them when they are clearly not good enough is beyond me.

There was no fight, no skill and a total lack of imagination from all of them except, oh I don't know, erm, Andy Parrish.

Some of you with rose-tinted glasses will no doubt slate me for saying what most of us realists can see with the evidence of our own eyes but you can carry on living in cloud cuckoo land and it will get us nowhere but certain relegation.

I, erm, hope some of them are reading this because I certainly want a major improvement by way of 'response' at home to what will be a very tough Port Vale side, clearly much better than us, this Saturday.

(What do you think, boss? Will that work?)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Re: Last night's embarrassing capitulation at Bury

Postby scalehallshrimp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:51 pm

wind up time ,he he,did you go
scalehallshrimp

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Yes I did but I wish I hadn't and I was, erm, ashamed to be a Morecambe fan and... and all that kind of stuff...

But anyway - it's a response that I want on Saturday or else I'll truly have to question whether I ever want to watch, erm....

.. oh I'm no good at this, help me out someone...

Where's Ned when the team needs him?
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby darrenlock » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:10 pm

Well shrimper are you sure about the performance? I dont want to get on your back about what you are saying but going to a inform Bury and getting a clean sheet?
I was believing that Morecambe were bound to let goals in due to poor defending but if Morecambe continue playing like this away from home im sure we can nick a couple away wins.
darrenlock

Postby campdave » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:23 pm

darrenlock wrote:Well shrimper are you sure about the performance? I dont want to get on your back about what you are saying but going to a inform Bury and getting a clean sheet?
I was believing that Morecambe were bound to let goals in due to poor defending but if Morecambe continue playing like this away from home im sure we can nick a couple away wins.

Don't they have sarcasm darn sarf?
Last edited by campdave on Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
campdave

Postby rebus » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:29 pm

Stop It......Glen ;)
REBUS
rebus

Postby Christies Child » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:44 pm

You forgot to describe the performance as 'crap'.....just lends a bit of credibility....

or

was it the prospect of a 'mod' seeking you out for special attention :?: :?: :?:

;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:46 pm

No cc my point is that going away from home getting a clean sheet vs a inform automatic promotion team is excellent considering the awful performance vs Cheltenham
darrenlock

Postby Freez » Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:04 pm

Well I have to say I'm bemused by these comments Shrimper.

A point away at Bury seems like a good performance. And a clean sheet to boot. Obviously we are building up a head of steam for a promotion push, following the wheels coming off big time at Dale, possibly as champions! This is a great result for our attacking all action style which has seen entertainment all season at both ends. How we are not pissing this tin pot league is beyond me?
A point away at Bury should result in Sammy n Lills getting an extended and dramatically improved contract immediately, before Ajax or someone come sniffing.
Act now PMG!
What price Duffs in the England squad now Lennon's place is in doubt?
You can mock, but you will see!
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby ezz » Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Absolutely dire, should be beating teams like Bury if we're going to get to the Premiership last nighr was a joke. Couldn't string 15 passes together, nor make any 'through the eye of the needle passes'
Sack the manager, coaches and board :evil:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby George Dawes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:42 pm

shrimper wrote:We might as well face it, some of our players are just not good enough for this division and the sooner we ship them out the better.
I also have to question Sammy's man-management and team selection skills after that appalling display.

Why he persists in playing some of them when they are clearly not good enough is beyond me.

There was no fight, no skill and a total lack of imagination from all of them except, oh I don't know, erm, Andy Parrish.

Some of you with rose-tinted glasses will no doubt slate me for saying what most of us realists can see with the evidence of our own eyes but you can carry on living in cloud cuckoo land and it will get us nowhere but certain relegation.

I, erm, hope some of them are reading this because I certainly want a major improvement by way of 'response' at home to what will be a very tough Port Vale side, clearly much better than us, this Saturday.

note!

SM did freshen things up there was 2 changes in the DEFENCE from what played against Cheltenham

and also SM got the right balance in the midfield this time out, so it's not exactly the same team who got beat in the other game

so nobody on here is eating humble pie :?
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:51 pm

ezz wrote:Absolutely dire, should be beating teams like Bury...

Exactly! If we had any ambition at all we should be hammering little teams like Bury, I was expecting four or five at least. It's no good going to places like that and just defending deep, with ten men behind the ball all night in the hope of nicking a break away. I know that isn't what we did but we might as well of. Typical Morecambe, lack of ambition, sack the lot of em...

Glen, is that what you were looking for?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:58 pm

watch Port Vale beat us at the weekend, then i can bump this topic ;) :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:00 pm

darrenlock wrote:No cc my point is that going away from home getting a clean sheet vs a inform automatic promotion team is excellent considering the awful performance vs Cheltenham

VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby yozzer » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:39 pm

I don't know what game you were watching last night Shrimper. We clearly deserved to win by at least a four goal margin. I can only forsee a dramatic surge up the table and with Rochdale clearly fading after that destabalising defeat against lowly Bratfud the title is surely now ours to lose.
yozzer

Postby Curly » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:48 pm

Roll up, Roll up!!!
Come and see the Mighty Shrimper take on "four year old" after "four year old" at this
weeks W.W.E Elimination Cage Challenge, behind the North Stand!
Expect gouging, punching, mauling and sweetie stealing from the Mighty Shrimper.
Tickets £25 "all in." ( I'll get me coat :roll: )

Easy, Easy!!!!

big_daddy.jpg
big_daddy.jpg (33.82 KiB) Viewed 1097 times

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Aspers » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:46 am

I reckon we should change our shirt colour to Blue.
Red is sooooo 1980's

Watch us climb divisions then.
Aspers

Postby shrimper » Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:57 pm

DawZi wrote:
shrimper wrote:We might as well face it, some of our players are just not good enough for this division and the sooner we ship them out the better.

note!

SM did freshen things up there was 2 changes in the DEFENCE from what played against Cheltenham

and also SM got the right balance in the midfield this time out, so it's not exactly the same team who got beat in the other game

so nobody on here is eating humble pie :?

:roll:

Dawzi - sssh! You'll give the game away.

Look, we were ;) ;) ;) terrible at Bury, really really bad ;) ;) so we need a response on Saturday. ;) ;)

It worked after the Cheltenham game!

Geddit?
shrimper

Postby ezz » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:57 pm

Keith wrote:

Exactly! If we had any ambition at all we should be hammering little teams like Bury, I was expecting four or five at least. It's no good going to places like that and just defending deep, with ten men behind the ball all night in the hope of nicking a break away. I know that isn't what we did but we might as well of. Typical Morecambe, lack of ambition, sack the lot of em...

We should be beating teams like Bradford if we're ever to get out of this tinpot league :lol:
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby chipbuns » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:32 pm

darrenlock wrote:No cc my point is that going away from home getting a clean sheet vs a inform automatic promotion team is excellent considering the awful performance vs Cheltenham

Fail!

Bring back Andy Gouck!
chipbuns

Postby Sammy h » Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:36 pm

chipbuns wrote:

Fail!

Bring back Andy Gouck!

Get Rogan on!
Sammy h

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 pm

ezz wrote:
Keith wrote:

We should be beating teams like Bradford if we're ever to get out of this tinpot league :lol:

To be fair, beating Bradford is no longer a measure of success! :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby dazza » Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 pm

ahhhhhh irony i get it!!!!!!!! heard about this new fangled humour but didnt realise it had hit the seaside yet,,,,i thought it was still laughing policemen round here!!!!
****dazza****
dazza

Postby seasonsinthesun » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:07 pm

If we ever want to get out of this league we should be beating teams like Villa and Bradford!!
We are just garbage, play Duffy at centre back, then the defence might look reasonable.
Sack Les Dewhurst, get rid of Jevons and play Hunter up front.

We must have a response Saturday, otherwise Grimsby could catch us :cry:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby darrenlock » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:09 pm

That is so funny if Morecambe want to beating those teams but me in goal , I'm no Barry Roach but i can do a fantastic belly dive lol ;)
darrenlock

Next

Return to General Discussion