Bury 0-0 Morecambe

Bury 0-0 Morecambe

Postby marky » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:07 pm

Team news

Roche

Parrish Bentley (c) Haining Wilson

Hunter Stanley Panther Duffy

Mullin Jevons

Subs - Davies, Moss, Adams, Artell, Twiss, Curtis, McLachlan.

I much prefer the look of this side to the one we had out against Cheltenham!
Last edited by marky on Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Re: Bury V Morecambe

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:08 pm

Nice to see Fraser on the bench surprised is Drummond injured? and Jimbo back :D
darrenlock

Postby hunter8 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:20 pm

welcome back fraser. drummy is injured
hunter8

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:38 pm

Fantastic to see Fraser on bench hope Sammy will give him 10-15 Minutes.Jimbo back in for the Moose Gud decision.Hope we can win 2-1 .Well Done garry Hunter fore Signing a New 2yr Contract.
northstandshrimp2009

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:12 pm

sounds like were playing well :D

hope i havnt put my foot in it :geek:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:25 pm

yeah be great if we could snatch a late winner ;)
George Dawes

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:30 pm

just new daggers would score

bugger :x
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:49 pm

Excellent game, either side could have nicked it but a draw was probably fair. Ref missed a penalty in the first half but then also, fortunately missed the handbags between their defender and Jevons. It was one of those that when the ref did look, he could easily have spotted either player 'retaliating'. He also missed Jevo apparently tweaking the defenders nose! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Manny looked weary for the last 15-20 minutes in my opinion and some of his passing became a bit wayward but he bolstered the midfield in the first half. Good to see Jimbo back and as enthusiastic as ever. Gary was in the wars before he started with a nice shiner! Great couple of saves from Barry, Parrish again looked solid... all round a totally different display from Saturday. Just a shame we couldn't stick one away. On Saturday it was tough to choose a Morecambe Man of the Match due to so many being so poor, tonight it was hard to choose one because so many played well, but I'd just about give it to Duffy who made some good runs, a few excellent tackles and made some nice plays.

An entertaining 0-0 :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby RedRedWine1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:34 pm

Agree with all of what Keith has posted, either side could have nicked it.......I was just waiting for that Duffy effort to make the net ripple. Duffy my MotM also, seems to be getting better by the week.

Our set-pieces were a little disappointing today. I'm not Stanley's biggest fan, but usually his delivery is faultless. Today it was far from that. One of the most threatening set-pieces was from a Will Haining long throw-in......why did this only happen once? It should have been every time until Bury had figured out a way to counteract the threat.

Other than that a really solid performance. Just about thawed out!
RedRedWine1

Postby Crooky MFC » Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Same as above, entertaining 0-0 draw which we will certainly come away with the happier. Good atmosphere and also great to see Jimbo back :D Him & Haining were solid together.
Crooky MFC

Postby Morecambe Jack » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:01 am

Agree with whats been said already. Bury fans have said we played well too and suggest we were one of the best sides to go to Gigg Lane this season (on both their own message board and thefootballforum).

I really thought Duffys attempt was in though for a moment!
Morecambe Jack

Postby Sammy h » Wed Feb 24, 2010 12:43 am

Duffy MOM.

Stanners and Panther worked hard, Panther was absolutely knackered at the end, great performance by Jimbo, barely saw Jevo or Mullin, that could have been the beer though?

All in all a great day/night, great result, happy birthday Ben. I love you all.
Sammy h

Postby scalehallshrimp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:30 am

a much better display,manny brought some bite to the midfield getting the ball back and stopping opposition running through our midfield,before fading in last 1/4. we were quiet 1st half but much more in it in 2nd.Duffyimproving every game,it is obviously a confidence thing as he is now taking men on and beating them.Jimbo after initial booboo settled in well as if he had never been away.
really disappointed duffy missed that effort near the end.I was quite disappointed with Bury,2nd placed side thought they would have been much better,still a fair score so well done lads
scalehallshrimp

Postby Joe Oh » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:29 am

Really even match. Definitely hard to tell which team was 2nd in the league and playing at home. Both sets of centre backs played really well. Besides his comedy pass back, Jimbo had a great game. It was a bit worrying to see Mullen beaten in the air so often but to be fair his marker was fouling him all night and getting away with it. Hunter played well, as always, but I still reckon he's better in the centre. Panther definitely looked a bit rusty with a few too many aimless balls but put in some good tackles. I was certain that Duffy had scored- it just seemed to swerve wide at the last minute.

I was there with some Bury fan mates and they pretty much agreed with all this. They said we were miles better than Shrewsbury who they played on Friday.
Joe Oh

Re: Bury 0-0 Morecambe

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:08 am

good point away from home at a top team> Thought that we played well and if we had been playing a team lower down the table we would have won so very happy with the 0-0 and despite the lack of goals it was a good game. Strange that when we saw the table that we had dropped our of the top half but still moved a point closer to the play offs very very close now at the top.
heysham_mfc

Postby lancaster shrimp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:41 am

very good point, thought we played very well, thought there fans were very poor and it was good 2 see frazer on the bench, play like for the rest of the season u never know eh? best part of the nyt was singing bad romance :lol:
lancaster shrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:25 pm

lancaster shrimp wrote:thought there fans were very poor

One of those acoustic things I think. First half, didn't hear Morecambe fans once but Bury fans were noisier than any I'd heard in a long time. Second half, down at the other end and couldn't hear Bury fans at all but you lot were making a pretty decent noise. So either you took it in turns to sing or the sound doesn't carry well at Gigg Lane?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:05 pm

Sammy on Radio Lancs tonight thought Manny Panther and Craig Stanley were absolutely outstanding at Bury with their energy and passing.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:03 pm

Keith wrote:
lancaster shrimp wrote:thought there fans were very poor

One of those acoustic things I think. First half, didn't hear Morecambe fans once but Bury fans were noisier than any I'd heard in a long time. Second half, down at the other end and couldn't hear Bury fans at all but you lot were making a pretty decent noise. So either you took it in turns to sing or the sound doesn't carry well at Gigg Lane?

It is quite a big ground and there were only 2,300 there last night didn't hear much from the Bury fans last night.
heysham_mfc

Return to General Discussion