Opinions

Opinions

Postby Abbo » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:53 pm

I attended the game on Wednesday night and apart from maybe 15-20 minutes i thought we were given a lesson in how to play football.
Today i could not beleive how bad we where, we couldnt pass the ball to each other, the mid fielders and defenders backed off and backed off every time Rotherham attacked, we had no class in mid field, Blinks and Howe were no where near each other, and as for Adams performance well enough said.
I am fully aware its only the second league game of the season but that performance today was bad, but thats only my opinion.
Abbo

Re: Opinions

Postby Why no t » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:02 pm

Maybe they are still tired after running their hearts out on Wednesday.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:09 pm

Why no t wrote:Maybe they are still tired after running their hearts out on Wednesday.

These are supposed to be pro sportsmen earning a good living from what they love doing. The question should be 'are they fit?'

Fitness is judged by the time it takes to recover from physical exercise.

I wonder if the Olympic Cyclists would have given an excuse of 'we're tired' had they not won all their golds?
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Why no t » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:37 pm

I don't think you can compare an Olympic athletes at the top of their game to a league 2 team.

Chris Hoys race lasted less than a minute. Our lads are on that pitch for at least 90 minutes.

You cannot really compare the two.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby marky » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:40 pm

I'm sorry but Danny Adams isn't fit to wear a Morecambe shirt. I couldn't believe how much weight he's put on since the last time I watched us play. I was shocked. He's was possibly our worst player today, and that's saying something. Sammy MUST get a new left back in asap. As for Parrish... Well. If he's better than Yates then... I thought Wainwright (sp) played ok, but Thompson he isn't and without pace OR creativity, I really can't forsee anything other than a struggle this season.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby Loyalsupporter » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:53 pm

i dont think we had prepared enough for this match, Rotherham have to play every game like a cup final so they have a chance of survival, I feel that we did not anticipate this and from what I saw today, I dont think those who played can play as a team at the moment.

at times they did not anticipate the opposition or the ball and they certianly did not give 110% when it came to challenging and winning the 50/50 loose ball.

as for passing, every ball seemed to be up in the air or down the wing into open space (Wimbledon style).

and the biggest of our problems (my oppinion) when your loosing two nil at home, why wont the manager change things around and I dont mean in the 85th minute. half time or after an hour get things changed around, get the subs on, take a risk what have we got to loose two goals behind already.
Football League & We're Having A Laugh
Loyalsupporter

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:31 pm

I'm sure the players (bar one) are all of a decent fitness level for League Two. On Wednesday night however, they were chasing the shadows of Championship players for 90 minutes. One day off, one training session and back into another 90 minutes against a strong side, could harldy blame them for being tired.
Not excusing the performance, just saying.
Jody

Postby campdave » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:58 pm

Jody wrote:I'm sure the players (bar one) are all of a decent fitness level for League Two. On Wednesday night however, they were chasing the shadows of Championship players for 90 minutes. One day off, one training session and back into another 90 minutes against a strong side, could harldy blame them for being tired.
Not excusing the performance, just saying.

Rotherham played extra time in the League Cup on Tuesday night. In the third match of the season, tiredness shouldn't be coming into it at all.
campdave

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:38 pm

It can take 5-6 weeks for players to be fully match fit after close season.
The game against Forest was a good work out, and much harder than playing a lot of the teams we will face this season.
Jody

Return to General Discussion