Smaller teams in a good light

Smaller teams in a good light

Postby Christies Minder » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:51 pm

I stumbled upon this blog (thanks go to goole alerts!) which talks about the smaller teams hovering below the play-off places. I know some of you might not like the soccer am mentality, but you'll have to trust me and have a look!

I just thought I would share it with you as it's a good (and a fairly short) read which speaks positively about our beloved club, as well as the great Sammy Mc.

Let's keep on believing and bring homw 3 points tonight!

http://soccerammw.blogspot.com/2010/02/against-all-odds.html
Christies Minder

Re: Smaller teams in a good light

Postby campdave » Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:13 pm

Christies Minder wrote: I know some of you might not like the soccer am mentality

The blog isn't connected to soccer AM.

Related to soccer am though, one of my favourite ever things on the internet.

http://www.wsc.co.uk/content/view/145/29/
campdave

Postby bigreddog » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:40 pm

"Perhaps the highest praise that can be offered to the final member of the four teams - Morecambe - is that not many people are surprised to see them punching above their weight to challenge.

The Shrimps are only in their third season in the Football League, yet have already shown that, despite not having huge riches, it is a step-up in status they are entirely comfortable with.

The vastly experienced Sammy McIlroy has worked smartly in the permanent transfer and loan market to build a strong side capable of playing good football but also in dealing with the physical nature of the division.

The progressive Lancashire club plan to move into a new stadium next term - a sign that League Two is not the height of their ambition.

The current side taking to the Christie Park pitch might realise those dreams come the end of the season."

This says everything about our club and our manager.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:42 pm

bigreddog wrote:"Perhaps the highest praise that can be offered to the final member of the four teams - Morecambe - is that not many people are surprised to see them punching above their weight to challenge.

The Shrimps are only in their third season in the Football League, yet have already shown that, despite not having huge riches, it is a step-up in status they are entirely comfortable with.

The vastly experienced Sammy McIlroy has worked smartly in the permanent transfer and loan market to build a strong side capable of playing good football but also in dealing with the physical nature of the division.

The progressive Lancashire club plan to move into a new stadium next term - a sign that League Two is not the height of their ambition.

The current side taking to the Christie Park pitch might realise those dreams come the end of the season."

This says everything about our club and our manager.

Did Shrimper write that? :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:45 pm

I agree with everythink you just saided.Morecambe have done excellent since joining League2 i also think that football should have more and more football teams like us and accrington both pushing up the league and having good media from this.

Has anybody read what Barry Hearn said about clubs taking the easy route of going into administration he speaks alot of sense he does leyton orient chairman and now snooker chairman.
darrenlock

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:48 pm

darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 23, 2010 2:49 pm

campdave wrote:The blog isn't connected to soccer AM.

Correct it started as a Radio show broadcast on 1350 Medium Wave or Amplitude Modulation :mrgreen:

Naturally the wording they use will get more hits from search engines.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Weetabix Kid » Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:14 pm

darrenlock wrote:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2865405/Barry-Hearn-calls-for-double-relegation.html

We'd be in the Prem in no time :lol:
Weetabix Kid

Return to General Discussion