New players

New players

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:25 pm

Sammy in a post match interview has confirmed that he's got 2 new players lined up.

Suprisingly none of these are defenders. :o :o :o

On the evidence of today, we need to pension off Adams, bring back Howard and play McStay at right back. The midfield was totally devoid of creativity and therefore our strikers didn't get any service. Not only that but even when in a shooting position we failed to have a pop....not like Rotherham!

All credit to the opposition they know that the only way to get out of their position is to play attacking soccer, a style which I wish we would emulate.

We've no powerhouse in midfield who controls the game. Nobody who stands on or around the D when a corner is taking to pick up any scraps. All we do is the long high punt up the field, playing directly into the opponents hands 'cause how many times do we win knock downs?

I really thought following pre-season that we would be playing it along the ground. Now we've reverted to the high ball!

I could go on, but what's the point.

It takes a lot these days to get me down, but I'm totally deflated at the moment. :( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: New players

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:38 pm

Christies Child wrote:On the evidence of today, we need to pension off Adams, bring back Howard

On the evidence of one game? Adams had a bad game, but he has out-performed Howard consistently since he came to the club.

Can't remember being impressed by Howard the last few times he's played
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:44 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:On the evidence of today, we need to pension off Adams, bring back Howard

On the evidence of one game? Adams had a bad game, but he has out-performed Howard consistently since he came to the club.

Can't remember being impressed by Howard the last few times he's played

What's the betting if he'd been at any other club and come back for pre-season overweight he'd have been told to loose weight?

Ok close friend of Sammy but all the goals came from his side today.

And for what it's worth fans leaving the ground seemed to be united in their view that he's had his day!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:46 pm

Well, maybe they didn't see the good game he had last week.

If Adams is past it, Howard is no improvement (in my opinion).
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:09 pm

Christies Child wrote:Sammy in a post match interview has confirmed that he's got 2 new players lined up.

Suprisingly none of these are defenders. :o :o :o

On the evidence of today, we need to pension off Adams, bring back Howard and play McStay at right back. The midfield was totally devoid of creativity and therefore our strikers didn't get any service. Not only that but even when in a shooting position we failed to have a pop....not like Rotherham!

All credit to the opposition they know that the only way to get out of their position is to play attacking soccer, a style which I wish we would emulate.

We've no powerhouse in midfield who controls the game. Nobody who stands on or around the D when a corner is taking to pick up any scraps. All we do is the long high punt up the field, playing directly into the opponents hands 'cause how many times do we win knock downs?

I really thought following pre-season that we would be playing it along the ground. Now we've reverted to the high ball!

I could go on, but what's the point.

It takes a lot these days to get me down, but I'm totally deflated at the moment. :( :( :(

even more suprisingly none of the players he has lined up to bring in are midfielders.

Midfield was shocking today and that was why Artell had to resort to the 80 yard punts. No-one was available to take the ball off the defence and run with it ........... like for example Craig Stanley does or even Drummy.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby mazatec » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:38 pm

Surprisingly CC right, what a shambles, the players hes brought in by enlarge are inferior to our present squad,
Unless things change quickly he will not be bringing any more in , as he will be on his way out.
mazatec

Postby SHIRMPER » Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:58 pm

adams may have had a bad game today , but you cant have a good game every week . i think adams is a great player and people need to get off his back.
SHIRMPER

Postby Why no t » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:44 pm

I think we should get off everybodys back and give them a bit of time. It's too early to be righting the team off.

Stop being so bloody negative.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby mfcbro » Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:46 pm

I think campdave you will find the last time Micky Howard played a league game he was m.o.t.m.Danny took over mr consistents role when he was injured,micky came in when danny was suspended got m.o.m and was then left out.Dont think that constitutes consistently out playing him.If so i stand corrected.
mfcbro

Postby campdave » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:02 pm

mfcbro wrote:I think campdave you will find the last time Micky Howard played a league game he was m.o.t.m.Danny took over mr consistents role when he was injured,micky came in when danny was suspended got m.o.m and was then left out.Dont think that constitutes consistently out playing him.If so i stand corrected.

It's your opinion which of course you're entitled to. For me, Adams hasn't put a foot wrong since he came here. If his performances continue like today's then call for his head. Calling for him to go after one poor game is knee-jerking of the highest order.
campdave

Postby Why no t » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:42 pm

"One poor game"

He hasn't performed particularly well all pre-season.

I suppose when he has lost those couple of pounds that he has gained in the closed season, he will be back to the form that won him last years player of the season.

He is older than most of the players (he could be the eldest I don't know)so it may well take him slightly longer to regain his match fitness.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:18 pm

I think people all know who I'd prefer at left back. Danny Adams at fault for all 3 goals yesterday, and maybe with Michael Howard being fit its time for him to have a run out? Yes last time he wasn't the best, but with lack of match practice its only to be expected. He was the ORIGINAL Mr Consistent if people can remember that far back. He can't be as bad as DA was yesterday thats for certain. If Roche had been at fault for all 3, I think people would be calling for a run out for Scott.
In my opinion, I think Danny has probably put on weight every close season for a while,and still managed to perform.. but maybe this season he is just carrying that little bit much?
Look at other players.. Twiss, for example. One bad game and he is instantly dropped. Why should Danny be any different? He was lucky last season because he was the only player at the club who could play LB, so the position was his own. But this year he has competition. As everyone else has been told they can leave, and not MH, maybe he is part of Sammy's plans? After all Parrish can play left back, so the cover would be there if he went.
Jody

Postby Love It » Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:31 pm

Totally agree with Jody, think you're spot on there!!!!
Love It

Postby Lloydie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:55 pm

Spot on Jody,

Don't post much these days on here, but was fired up for a rant at how shite Danny Adams is but have cooled down a little. The sooner he's pensioned off the better!!

My other suggestion is to get people to run up and down the carwash with giant cut outs of pies (ala the yellow hands at Vauxhall Motors) to show him were he should be !! He was caught out of postion and had no fitness/motivation to get back.

Also to add, I think Wayne Curtis has been our best player last two games and if we don't sign an out and out winger, let WC continue there. Better than that joke of a formation first half on Saturday!! :evil:
Lloydie

Postby Mark S » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Lloydie wrote:Spot on Jody,

Don't post much these days on here, but was fired up for a rant at how shite Danny Adams is but have cooled down a little. The sooner he's pensioned off the better!!

My other suggestion is to get people to run up and down the carwash with giant cut outs of pies (ala the yellow hands at Vauxhall Motors) to show him were he should be !! He was caught out of postion and had no fitness/motivation to get back.

Also to add, I think Wayne Curtis has been our best player last two games and if we don't sign an out and out winger, let WC continue there. Better than that joke of a formation first half on Saturday!! :evil:

Thats the kind of post that really pisses me off.

Danny Adams was player of the season last year. Not only PPOTY but SPOTY. He was also instrumental in our final Conference season and played a massive part at Wembley.

One bad game and you decide to write him off in a disrespectful manner.

Lloydie I am hoping that you are stating your judgement of him after being a witness first hand at Wycombe, Nottingham Forest and also last Saturday. I am also hoping that anything you say on here you would gladly say face to face to him?

If you say that he is now 'shite' after one bad game then you are indeed fickle.

There are at least two regular posters on here that have personal issues with Danny and are very vocal about them, but I thought better of you.
Mark S

Postby mfcbro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:05 pm

I used to be a not wayne curtis fan,but he was one of our better players at forest,yet started on the bench.I know jody will shoot me down,but Blinks is not playing that well at the moment.Why didnt we bring on o carrol saturday.Thats the end of my whinging about saturday,come on you shrimps lets get a result at Bury.
mfcbro

Postby mfcbro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:11 pm

I suppose you are having a go at me mark,but i am entitled to my opinion,you are entitled to your opinion so has lloydie.Defend him to the hilt but time will tell.
mfcbro

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:11 pm

I take it by the 'regular poster' comment you mean me. I've never ever been an Adams fan right from the word go and I have my reasons, I'm not going to deny that. Id like to think I'm consistent with this and I don't jump on his bandwagon when he plays ok.
Everyone likes and dislikes players, and almost every player gets slated on here when they have a bad game. Why should Danny be an exception? He cost us 3 goals yesterday, and 3 points that could be vital at the end of the season.
Yes he was voted player of the season last year, but that's opinion and not everyone has to agree. That is the joy of having an opinion. And if Lloydie, or anyone else agrees with me I think thats up to them.
Jody

Postby Lloydie » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:12 pm

Sorry but just my opion and I know most of the group I stand with at the games agree.

He's never been the fittest we all know that, but he used to read the game well, so far this season (including pre season) he hasnt even done that.

I proberly wouldn't say it to his face as he might eat me
Lloydie

Postby mfcbro » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Why should he have to tell him to his face mark,if need be i will,i wont hide behind the forum like a lot do.The guy isnt up to the job end of story.Last season was last season.We move on,we are entitled to our opinion.
mfcbro

Postby admiral47 » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:21 pm

I am not being fatist but Danny Adams is too fat to be a professional footballer! Let me know if there is a fatter left back in the league or even in Blue Square!
admiral47

Postby Bare Ben » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:30 pm

I think its really narrow-minded to judge somebodies footballing skills on their appearance. So what if he's a bigger than your average footballer? Nobody complained about his size when he was playing well.
Bare Ben

Postby The Fury » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:32 pm

Spot on Mark, one bad game and seemingly Danny Adams' head on a pig pole is worth big bucks. It's not like he is consistently crap is it, like a certain forwa.....oh wait, am I falling into the personal vendetta trap? :twisted:
The Fury

Postby OvertheBar » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:44 pm

Danny plays much better with somebody wide left in front of him, like Twiss. Yesterday he often had nobody to work with if Wainwright was on the right flank and needed to go infield to find somebody, leaving a generous void that the Rotherham players took advantage of. Rotherham also kept hoofing the ball up the park their wide right player, who was bigger by miles that Danny and won the ball most times.

No excuses though, he played crap yesterday. Losing weight can only improve his mobility and make him leap like a salmon.
OvertheBar

Postby Jody » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:46 pm

The Fury wrote:Spot on Mark, one bad game and seemingly Danny Adams' head on a pig pole is worth big bucks. It's not like he is consistently crap is it, like a certain forwa.....oh wait, am I falling into the personal vendetta trap? :twisted:

No, fair do's. You think Blinks is crap, I think Danny Adams is crap. We all have an opinion. As long as people are consistent in these opinions, and don't change their minds when the players they've previously slated have a good game or two.
I'm not going to shoot you down for it and tell you to say it to his face.
If we all liked the same things, and agreed on everything the world would be a boring place.
Jody

Next

Return to General Discussion