LEP Friday MFC trio in shop window

LEP Friday MFC trio in shop window

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:58 pm

Sammy will listen to offers for MrT, Stanners and Yates according to tonights LEP report.

Sammy is reported to say 'I've a couple of irons in the fire and want to bring those targets in if I can. The squad has a decent balance, but I want to try and strengthen before the transfer window closes' (31August).

Commenting on the Forest game, the gaffer said ' Forest are a fantastic side and although I was diappointed with the scoreline there's a vast gulf between the two leagues.'
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: LEP Friday MFC trio in shop window

Postby Crazeenick » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:34 pm

Fair enough selling Mr T as he hasn't been performing for a long time - clearly his heart isn't in it and he wants to move to another club.

But why are we selling Stanners and Yatesy? To my mind they are both good players who add some drive to the team when they play.
Crazeenick

Postby i-love-mfc » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:30 pm

i dont think stanners should go he is good when he gets played!
i-love-mfc

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:40 pm

....but maybe off field antics have proved decisive. As far as I'm aware he never came off the transfer list, which begs the question 'why has no club come in for him so far?'

I trust the management teams judgement on such things.
Christies Child

Postby Bare Ben » Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:45 pm

On performances I've seen so far, IMO Frasers qualities surpass any that Stanners has. That's not a dig at Stanners, I just think Fraser is a much better player.
Bare Ben

Postby Why no t » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:06 pm

Maybe Sammy feels they do not fit into his new look team.
Life without football is.......
Why no t

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:12 pm

Bare Ben wrote:On performances I've seen so far, IMO Frasers qualities surpass any that Stanners has. That's not a dig at Stanners, I just think Fraser is a much better player.

That is not exactly comparing like with Like.

Stanners is a box to box midfielder and certainly we could have done with him at Notts Forest on Wednesday.

Fraser is more a defensive midfielder who breaks up the opposition play and gives it to the people who can play.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Number 1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:32 pm

It's right about Fraser, but with Carr and Wainwright both in the side, as well as Hunter, and 2 up front, the need for a box to box midfielder isn't as necessary. And if it is, there's always Drummy.

I think Stanners has thrown his toys out of the pram once too often for Sammy's liking, Yates is slightly lacking at League level I think, bearing in mind we now have 3 players capable in Parrish, McCann and McStay.

As for Mr T, the sooner he goes the better, quite frankly. Presumably a high earner, and he's obviously lost the plot here, and his departure opens the door to an arrival or two. I don't think Wiles will wait forever, for one.
Number 1

Postby Christies Child » Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:50 pm

Number 1 wrote:It's right about Fraser, but with Carr and Wainwright both in the side, as well as Hunter, and 2 up front, the need for a box to box midfielder isn't as necessary. And if it is, there's always Drummy.

I think Stanners has thrown his toys out of the pram once too often for Sammy's liking, Yates is slightly lacking at League level I think, bearing in mind we now have 3 players capable in Parrish, McCann and McStay.

As for Mr T, the sooner he goes the better, quite frankly. Presumably a high earner, and he's obviously lost the plot here, and his departure opens the door to an arrival or two. I don't think Wiles will wait forever, for one.

...assuming that Wiles is of course on Sammy's wish list ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:08 pm

Number 1 wrote:I think Stanners has thrown his toys out of the pram once too often for Sammy's liking

How do you know :roll: we're you that fly on the dressing room wall? and did Lills pick em up for him :?

As for Mr T, the sooner he goes the better, quite frankly. Presumably a high earner, and he's obviously lost the plot here

I read this piece of yours and it left a bad taste, Twiss has been a fantastic asset to this club and should he be leaving in the near future then i'd like to think he'd be shown a little bit more respect and thanked for the individual genius that is Michael Twiss
Legend YES outcast NEVER!
HALMA 1983

Postby Number 1 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:15 pm

I'm sorry Ade. It's my assessment of the current situation, and not of his worth to us down the years as a player, which, as you point out, is of a modern day MFC legend.

But all good things come to an end. I didn't say he was an outcast, although the current situation makes it appear that way. It's a simple story of the players with the shirts are the ones doing the job at this time.

As for Stanners, well no I'm not a fly, but when you overhear plenty of people say it then maybe its the case. If it's not, fair enough. This is a fans message board after all, not Pravda.
Number 1

Postby HALMA 1983 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:21 pm

Number 1 wrote:I'm sorry Ade. It's my assessment of the current situation, and not of his worth to us down the years as a player, which, as you point out, is of a modern day MFC legend.

But all good things come to an end. I didn't say he was an outcast, although the current situation makes it appear that way. It's a simple story of the players with the shirts are the ones doing the job at this time.

As for Stanners, well no I'm not a fly, but when you overhear plenty of people say it then maybe its the case. If it's not, fair enough. This is a fans message board after all, not Pravda.

You're not 'Number 1' for nothing ;)
HALMA 1983

Postby Harry » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:....but maybe off field antics have proved decisive. As far as I'm aware he never came off the transfer list, which begs the question 'why has no club come in for him so far?'

We don't know another team hasn't come along yet, Sammy said he will listen to offers, not that he will sell them for the first bid that comes in!

Also I think it's safe to say Wiles is wanted by Sammy for our left wing, the Visitor states he is training with the club so presumably has been for at least a week.
Harry

Postby Shrimpsscene » Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Harry wrote:
Christies Child wrote:....but maybe off field antics have proved decisive. As far as I'm aware he never came off the transfer list, which begs the question 'why has no club come in for him so far?'

We don't know another team hasn't come along yet, Sammy said he will listen to offers, not that he will sell them for the first bid that comes in!

Also I think it's safe to say Wiles is wanted by Sammy for our left wing, the Visitor states he is training with the club so presumably has been for at least a week.

wiles played preseason right side
id imagine he will start right side if he signs so i think neil might be on the left?
neil can play either flank?
depend sif he signs of course
good to have those two players wouldnt it?
Shrimpsscene

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:20 am

So if I remember correctly when Sammy left Stanners out of the team last season our results dipped and then he was brought back at Darlington which was a much improved performance followed by some more decent performances.

If August 31st comes and goes with all 3 still here do they come back into the first team squad?
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby sw1980 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:42 pm

Yatesy and stanners should be in the starting line up simple as!! sammy mac hasnt brought in any better players than we had last season - we tailed off toward the end of last season

i thought the new blood he was going to bring in would improve the team!!! not a chance!!

stanners should start - christies child etc who go on about his temprement etc what a joke - i only met him a certain number of times and stanners is a placid fella who loves morecambe fc giving up his spare time to coach local children etc - so stop posting on here about his temprement!!

as for yatesy he spend half his time mopping up and covering for our super slow centre halves!!

im telling you now - we will struggle this yr!
sw1980

Postby Christies Child » Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:34 pm

sw1980 wrote:Yatesy and stanners should be in the starting line up simple as!! sammy mac hasnt brought in any better players than we had last season - we tailed off toward the end of last season

i thought the new blood he was going to bring in would improve the team!!! not a chance!!

stanners should start - christies child etc who go on about his temprement etc what a joke - i only met him a certain number of times and stanners is a placid fella who loves morecambe fc giving up his spare time to coach local children etc - so stop posting on here about his temprement!!

as for yatesy he spend half his time mopping up and covering for our super slow centre halves!!

im telling you now - we will struggle this yr!

On the evidence of today, I'd rather have Stanners and his temprement IN the team than sitting in the stand within ear shot of my rants!
Christies Child

Postby sw1980 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:28 pm

Definately CC - totally agree

sammy needs to bite the bullet - accept his signings have been poor and get back to the old gaurd that play and fight for each other (the team that got us into the football league)

jim harvey put the groundwork in - i for one know he would give the lads today a kick up the arse they deserve (and need!)
sw1980

Postby Freez » Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Are you suggesting that Sammy won't?
It is early days, everyone in the ground could see what was wrong, there will be words had and unless improvement is made there will be changes.

But it is early days, time for calm and some persepctive methinks.
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Return to General Discussion