Chairman's recognition

Chairman's recognition

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:16 pm

To recognise the tremendous efforts of our Chairman, Mr Peter McGuigan in being at the helm of our club through promotion to the Football League and now on the eve of the completion of the Globe Arena, I would like to suggest that the Home Stand is named after him as a means of recognition for what he has overseen during his tenure as Chairman of Morecambe FC.

JB Christie is to be honoured by the naming of the access road to the Arena. I think it's only fitting that Peter is given similar recognition.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Chairman's recognition

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:21 pm

He has probably decided to name it after himself already, I would if i were him :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby George Dawes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:29 pm

Christies Child wrote:To recognise the tremendous efforts of our Chairman, Mr Peter McGuigan in being at the helm of our club through promotion to the Football League and now on the eve of the completion of the Globe Arena, I would like to suggest that the Home Stand is named after him as a means of recognition for what he has overseen during his tenure as Chairman of Morecambe FC.

JB Christie is to be honoured by the naming of the access road to the Arena. I think it's only fitting that Peter is given similar recognition.

only if he sorts us out a roof opposite the main stand, and just name the roof after him instead :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:39 pm

Christies Child wrote:To recognise the tremendous efforts of our Chairman, Mr Peter McGuigan in being at the helm of our club through promotion to the Football League and now on the eve of the completion of the Globe Arena, I would like to suggest that the Home Stand is named after him as a means of recognition for what he has overseen during his tenure as Chairman of Morecambe FC.

Whilst I agree with your sentiments entirely how do we recognise the contribution of the Rod Taylors, Graham Hodgsons, Pete Cross's and other Directors who have also made a massive contribution.

You could call it the Peter McGuigan Arena for me because without him it may well never have come to fruition. However he seems a low key type of guy and may not really want such recognition. Who knows?

How different to another club not too far away who's illustrious Chairman had been there roughly two minutes before he modestly retitled the main stand the Stephen Vaughan stand.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:34 pm

I agree and if he don't want something as big as that named after him what about one of the facilities at the ground?
thegentlegiant

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:38 pm

Theres the McIlroy Suite at Moss Rose Macclefield.

Maybe the new banqueting suite could be the Peter McGuigan suite.

Perhaps one of the other rooms could be named after Sammy. Lets face it without him we would be playing Barrow , Grays , Histon etc in a crumbling Christie Park.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion