Morecambe share holders

Morecambe share holders

Postby captain sparkle » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:15 pm

apologies if this has been addressed since my last rant about it, but, anyway,here goes,
Again we see preferential treatment for season ticket holders with the offer of a reduced price hospitality package for the Burton match.Not in dispute there.
One of the other advantages is often first offer for tickets for important matches (it WILL happen many times more), again, not in dispute.
What i am, of course, in dispute of (with?) is the shoddy treatment of shareholders. Never have we (or i, if it's personal!) had any sort of offer from the club.
I never bought the shares for financial gain, i just wanted to 'own' a piece of the football club from my own home town.
As an owner i truly would expect 'just a tiny amount' of thanks, perhaps in the form of an early option for tickets for future important fixtures,
reduced prices (similar to season ticket holder offers) would be nice, but hey, i can always sell my shares on.
Some recognition is all I ask.
Any other shareholders in the same frame of mind?, or would like to show another side to it?
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Re: Morecambe share holders

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:48 am

A few of my family and I got £50 of shares each a few years ago. We all saw it as more of a donation to help the club in a time of need, rather than ever expecting to get anything back for it. Amongst those I'm the only one who watches the games and if you offered the others anything I don't think they'd want it anyway. I would guess a lot of minor shareholders are similar.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Posh » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:42 am

Just one small point. I don't think there is any preferential treatment for season ticket holdes in the Burton hospitality only a recognition that you already have a match ticket so don't need to buy one which the package includes.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:26 am

Posh wrote:Just one small point. I don't think there is any preferential treatment for season ticket holdes in the Burton hospitality only a recognition that you already have a match ticket so don't need to buy one which the package includes.

Thats the way I understand it too.
Mark S

Postby captain sparkle » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:02 am

you are, of course, quite correct, i jumped the gun a little with the hospitality issue. Just some sort of recognition is all i request.

Why do i have a nasty little headache this bright and cheery morn, pray tell?
O, wait!, i remember..............
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:55 am

I too would like to see some small recognition of this as well.

Maybe we should wait and see if the club offer 'say' a reduced charge for something like making use of the car park at the new Arena?

No shareholder took out shares to receive any financial gain, as the shares are only worth their original face value. But this would be a very small recognition of the fact that quite a few fans bought shares when the club was struggling financially more than a decade ago.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby morecambe mick » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:06 am

OK, if we're all going to get silly and selfish.....

I want my brick back that I bought for the North Stand.

I won't be happy unless it's the exact one either :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The share issue was just another way of donating to the club in its hour of need. No preferential treatment was inferred or implied. Other than respect and thanks from those of us who at the time couldn't afford to invest.

I do like these drunken rant threads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:43 am

...as long as they don't get yours mixed up with mine..... ;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Curly » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:20 pm

captain sparkle wrote:you are, of course, quite correct, i jumped the gun a little with the hospitality issue. Just some sort of recognition is all i request.

Why do i have a nasty little headache this bright and cheery morn, pray tell?
O, wait!, i remember..............

Dearest Captain Markle,
I , for one, would recognise you anywhere and will shout and wave a lot when i next see you.
Come and work at our place, buy one share company give you two free and you can have tax
free if you hold for five years, whilst any dividends buy more shares. 8-)
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

One or two former players from the sixties, now in their sixties, who queue with the rest of us and pay in probably deserve a bit of this ere special treatment you crave :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby ftm » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 am

another slant on this.

why subscribe to being a share holder?

was it because that you had vison to predict morecambe were going places and could attract substantial investment in the future and doubling your initial investment?

are you greedy and want to make money from your club as well as being rewarded for it?
ftm

Postby ftm » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:16 am

:lol:
ftm

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:55 am

ftm wrote:another slant on this.

why subscribe to being a share holder?

was it because that you had vison to predict morecambe were going places and could attract substantial investment in the future and doubling your initial investment?

are you greedy and want to make money from your club as well as being rewarded for it?

I did it because my club needed some financial help more than a few decades ago. I knew at the time that I wasn't going to get my money back and that there would be no dividend.

My contribution was only small in comparison to others but as the club said at the time 'every bit helps'.

I certainly don't regret it and if the situation repeated itself I'd do the same, willingly!
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:42 am

[quote="morecambe mick"]OK, if we're all going to get silly and selfish.....

I want my brick back that I bought for the North Stand.

In all seriousness I wouldn't mind getting my brick it would be my souvenier of one way that I contributed to Christie Park.

I wonder what they are going to do with the roll of honour. I have checked a few times and I am sure my name is not on it :twisted:
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:34 pm

I intend to buy my regular seat in the stand at the end of the season, this will make me a MFC chairholder :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion