Head tennis....

Head tennis....

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:10 pm

.....just about sums up todays apology for a football match. The ball spent so much time in the air that a low flying aircraft would have been in serious danger!

Other than the superb build up and finish of our first goal there really was very little to shout about...other than some terrible refereeing.

I suppose i should be thankful with 3 points against a team fighting for survival but play it on the deck next time...Sammy please!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Head tennis....

Postby james456 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 pm

I wouldn't say it was as bad as all that. Yes, there was some head tennis in the midfield at times but I wouldn't say we were opting to hoof the ball all the time. Artell, the usual suspect, was good with his distribution today.
james456

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:28 pm

Christies Child wrote:.....just about sums up todays apology for a football match. The ball spent so much time in the air that a low flying aircraft would have been in serious danger!

Other than the superb build up and finish of our first goal there really was very little to shout about...other than some terrible refereeing.

It was Darlo pumping the ball up into the atmosphere mostly. We kept it on the deck frequently, both Duffy and Wainwright showing some skill and energy down the flanks. Passing was much improved today and there is a platform to build on now that Mullin and Jevons are back together.
Caged Lion

Postby mrpotatohead » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:39 pm

The high balls seemed to give the live camera man a hard time, the view from the bar was very poor :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion