O/T CHANGE OF BANK

O/T CHANGE OF BANK

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm

I am thinking of moving banks, any recommendations for small business banking locally, I know some people will say they are all the same, but they are not :?: :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Re: O/T CHANGE OF BANK

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:07 pm

mrpotatohead wrote:I am thinking of moving banks, any recommendations for small business banking locally, I know some people will say they are all the same, but they are not :?: :?:

...get them to make a writen commitment to provide you with additional funds if and when you need them. If they will not commit, walk away.

Too many are refusing funds to small companies resulting in them having to lay off staff to survive...as we found to my and other company senior managers costs!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Sammy h » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:40 pm

What made you think he needed addition funds CC? He was just asking for a decent bank?

For business banking it has to be the Abbey national, they provide free business banking, however you can't use the counter to pay in, you have to use envelopes. Even so, this can save a small business thousands of pounds over a year.
Sammy h

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:44 pm

Sammy h wrote:What made you think he needed addition funds CC? He was just asking for a decent bank?

For business banking it has to be the Abbey national, they provide free business banking, however you can't use the counter to pay in, you have to use envelopes. Even so, this can save a small business thousands of pounds over a year.

Read my post again, I actually said 'IF and WHEN' which does not imply that he needs additional funds NOW.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:45 pm

Sammy h wrote:What made you think he needed addition funds CC? He was just asking for a decent bank?

get them to make a writen commitment to provide you with additional funds if and when you need them

think i see an ( IF) in there :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Sammy h » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm

My apologies, it just seemed abit of a funny reply as he hasn't mentioned that he needs funds anywhere in his post.
Sammy h

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:49 pm

anyhow, how dya actually move a bank...must be heavy :lol: :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:51 pm

No need for an apology.... :)
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:21 pm

My small business has a business manager who does not answer her phone, and diverts me to a less than useless emergency hotline, i have yet to meet her, but i feel my bank, who brag about being, THE BUSINESS BANK, are a money grabbing waste of space, I am being pointed towards Lloyds in a few pms, any one on here any help. :?: :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby bigreddog » Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:35 pm

Just from personal experience, and of course own personal opinion and not that of anyone on shrimpsvoices. but here's mine.

My "relationship manager" and I had a meeting in November of 2007 to look at how we could weather the storm at the start of what has now come known as the credit crunch. I'm still waiting for a reply ( though I don't own the business anymore and it's now irrelevant), that bank was RBS, make your own conclusions.

Nat West and RBS, though having to trade seperately because of the competition commission, are in fact the same people.

There are a number of banks that talk a good fight, but you only have to look at their repossession rates to see where your free business banking is coming from.

If your looking for free banking, with agreed overdrafts where required, and ethical banking practices then you could do a lot worse than consider the Co-op bank. You can pay in and out via the post office, and their on line banking facility is pretty good.

otherwise you pay your money and you takes your choice, just don't expect good customer care from the majority of high street banks, because if the last couple of years has taught them anything it's that they don't need to bother and us suckers will still end up bailing their incompetent backsides out.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby NeilG » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:03 pm

+1 for Abbey (Santander) ATM in/out and internet banking but no charges as long as you're in credit and keep within monthly transaction allowances :D
NeilG

Return to General Discussion