Re: last game banner

Postby shrimpnsave » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:49 pm

:lol: did you take your brownie in them days :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby slackAlice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:01 pm

Keith wrote:
slackAlice wrote:I spent quite a few Saturday afternoons on the Kop myself in the 70's / 80's

Ah you see, during the 70's & 80's I was standing behind the goal, watching games at Christie Park ;)

No numptys with banners I hope ? Good for you ;) Hope you enjoyed yourself just as much as I did ...great times.
slackAlice

Postby Posh » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:42 am

I'm with the passion! My missus will confirm that the first thing I'd do with a big lottery win is to fund a Morecambe FC supporters group with a load of cash. The Dagenham playoff season was the most exciting I've seen because everyone was so up for it and the Ipswich game was the best for 90 minute singing, flags, colour and well more passion. I left feeling 10 foot tall even though we lost.

I'm a political animal, which means my best kicks have been pickets, marches, poll tax demos but as you get older you lose a bit of it but I'd still rather, probably meaninglessly, harangue a Tory MP and make him look a fool than spend three hours in a local government committee meeting that however important it is bores me to tears.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if someone wants to get together a proper supporters group, OK that mimics what Stanley Ultras do then I'll support wholeheartedly and put some money into it to get it started. The question is whether there are enough people in the younger generation who have the desire to get together abd give it a go
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Morecamber » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:07 pm

Posh, i'm in and I can easily name another three of my friends that will be in, were classed as a "younger generation"? Sixteen and seventeen year olds. Bring it on!
Morecamber

Previous

Return to General Discussion