last game banner

last game banner

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:33 pm

Now that we know the new stadium name and many people have been in person or in the paper internet ect. how the new ground is coming on would be nice to have a banner for the last game at Christie park in the North Stand simlar to the one we did at Burton or the one that Barnet did for us.
heysham_mfc

Re: last game banner

Postby skyecat » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:24 pm

aye - "First, Christie Park. Next, The Globe"
The best mind-altering drug is the truth - Lily Tomlin
skyecat

Postby seasonsinthesun » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Talking of banners and flags, do you all think that the move to the Globe Arena should mean more flags and banners at home games aka Accrington? Last Saturday I thought it added something to the spectacle, seeing all their flags and banners, or do you all think it is just something that Morecambe fans just do not do?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby campdave » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:23 pm

I think it's somethings fans should organise if they want to, but not just to ape another team.
campdave

Postby Jase (SU) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:53 am

Jase (SU)

Postby Posh » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:56 am

There's £70 available to anyone wanting to get a proper banner done. Or in Jase's case getting his mum to pick up some more charity shop bedsheets and get to work with her felt tip pen.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:01 am

just make one big fishing net what you catch shrimps with to cover the north stand :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:37 am

if I'm at a football match, I want to see the football, not the back of a banner that some attention seeking numpty has decided to wave in front of me!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Shire Shrimp » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:36 am

I can't help but notice that in the advertising hoarding behind the goal in the pic, they've spelt 'pork' wrong!

Or is it the East Lancs phonetic spelling?

Sorry.
Shire Shrimp

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:52 am

Shire Shrimp wrote:I can't help but notice that in the advertising hoarding behind the goal in the pic, they've spelt 'pork' wrong!

Or is it the East Lancs phonetic spelling?

Sorry.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Well, it is almost in Yarkshire tha knows...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby The Fury » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:43 am

Keith wrote:Image

if I'm at a football match, I want to see the football, not the back of a banner that some attention seeking numpty has decided to wave in front of me!

I don't recall anyone complaining (much) when our friends from Barnet presented us with the Bring Me Sunshine banner. That probably looked a bit tacky and unorganised too, when we waved it aloft, but I think most of us felt a bit of pride when we did flaunt it.

Also, I don't think I'd be moaning much if I was in the midst of this:-

I really think some people need to cut Accy some slack in respect of this. Jealousy is the only motive that shines through when I read detractors' comments.
The Fury

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:53 am

We need inflatable shrimps !

We've done inflatables before and it was good, anywhere do shrimps though, get googling chaps !
Weetabix Kid

Postby Jase (SU) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 pm

That Mullin banner was rattled off on Friday night by SU members

If you can't make it yerself then don't bother, Anti Modern Football.
£70 would buy you a whole heap of material. A company would make you half a flag for that price.......

All hand made by the group
Jase (SU)

Postby shrimper » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:11 pm

Fury: I really think some people need to cut Accy some slack in respect of this. Jealousy is the only motive that shines through when I read detractors' comments.

Me too (though there IS a bit of tongue in cheekiness here to be fair).

Stanley fans are (like us) relatively small in number but they (like us) love their side and (usually better than us if we're honest) do more to show it more often.

Good luck to them and credit where it's due.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby slackAlice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:41 pm

Keith :
if I'm at a football match, I want to see the football, not the back of a banner that some attention seeking numpty has decided to wave in front of me !

Oh dear ... please tell me your joking ! If thats how you really feel then you go to a section of the ground where you can sit and watch every kick .. then at half-time subject the toilets to critical assessment , mark the food outlets out of ten and complain about everything.
Its a football match for Christs sake not the theatre! If thats how some fans / groups of fans wish to express their passion for their team -good on em and they should be accommodated at the grounds - its partly why most grounds are now graveyard quiet - you can't take this in and you can't take that in.
You can of course purchase the bog-standard , over-priced , regulation flag when you turn up at Wembley.
slackAlice

Postby Aspers » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:44 pm

I remember when Annie Walker got lifted for taking a toilet roll to the football.
Them were't days
Aspers

Postby Jase (SU) » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:44 pm

SlackAlice has our mentality spot on!

Football without passion is nothing. I watched Match of the Day last night & had to check the volume during the Man Utd Villa game, Virtual silence unless they are through on goal etc

When did fans lose the ability to make the football secondary to the atmosphere & the occasion. As a kid I was transfixed with what was happening around me whether it was Goodison, Ewood, Pittodrie or Boundary Park......

Modern football has too many "Manager" types. They go, they watch the game they make mental notes of the formations, rate the players, compare half time music choices, find things to praise & things to moan about. Then instead of going to the pub, they trundle home to announce their OPINION to the rest of the WWW.

Everyone is a manager. Everyone wants to know financial details & discuss corporate & commercial strategy.

Argh, Jesus wept!

Well, Stanley Ultras don't thats for sure. We make sure we put as much effort in off the pitch as the players do on it. We never stop showing our colours, showing how proud we are & showing who we are. I am sure MFC fans do too, but they just don't seem to take this part as seriously as we do. Believe me, no sooner had we got Morecambe out of the way, we had a new song lined up for Northampton.

Anyway I digress & have gone into a bit of a rant. Slack alice will always be an honorary SU.

The rest, let Sammy manage, you just support!

All the best, peace out
Jase (SU)

Postby outsider » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:26 pm

Jase (SU) wrote:SlackAlice has our mentality spot on!

Football without passion is nothing. I watched Match of the Day last night & had to check the volume during the Man Utd Villa game, Virtual silence unless they are through on goal etc

When did fans lose the ability to make the football secondary to the atmosphere & the occasion. As a kid I was transfixed with what was happening around me whether it was Goodison, Ewood, Pittodrie or Boundary Park......

Modern football has too many "Manager" types. They go, they watch the game they make mental notes of the formations, rate the players, compare half time music choices, find things to praise & things to moan about. Then instead of going to the pub, they trundle home to announce their OPINION to the rest of the WWW.

Everyone is a manager. Everyone wants to know financial details & discuss corporate & commercial strategy.

Argh, Jesus wept!

Well, Stanley Ultras don't thats for sure. We make sure we put as much effort in off the pitch as the players do on it. We never stop showing our colours, showing how proud we are & showing who we are. I am sure MFC fans do too, but they just don't seem to take this part as seriously as we do. Believe me, no sooner had we got Morecambe out of the way, we had a new song lined up for Northampton.

Anyway I digress & have gone into a bit of a rant. Slack alice will always be an honorary SU.

The rest, let Sammy manage, you just support!

All the best, peace out

So do we thats half the problem :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:59 pm

The North Stand is simply too big to cover in flags etc etc, we're more likely to do this at the new stadium. One way in which we can all help to add more colour is by wearing our shirts, and bringing our scalfs. Not enough people can be bothered to sing at home games anyway, which is why I can't wait for us to move into a smaller terrace. :)
Crooky MFC

Postby campdave » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:22 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Not enough people can be bothered to sing at home games anyway, which is why I can't wait for us to move into a smaller terrace. :)

slackAlice wrote: If thats how some fans / groups of fans wish to express their passion for their team -good on em and they should be accommodated at the grounds - its partly why most grounds are now graveyard quiet - you can't take this in and you can't take that in..

Some people do just want to go and watch the football though, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, and they shouldn't be painted as passive kill-joys for wanting to do so.

There seems to be a small group on here that think everyone who goes to football should want to do exactly the same as them, when in reality, people have various reasons for going to football match, whether it being catching up with friends, having a few beers, watching the match or having a sing song. As long as everyone can do what they like without getting in each other's way, what the problem?
campdave

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:05 pm

Thank you CampDave for saving me the trouble of a long rant! Why should *someone else* decide if *I* watch the match or not?

The Fury wrote:Also, I don't think I'd be moaning much if I was in the midst of this:-

I really think some people need to cut Accy some slack in respect of this. Jealousy is the only motive that shines through when I read detractors' comments.

Big difference being stuck under the 'R' of that banner when the game isn't on (as in that photo) or being under it while the game is in progress.

I've got no problem with Accrington or their fans, certainly I'll never join in the 'we hate Stanley' chant that occasionally goes up (even if it is ironic).

Keith
Site Admin

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:50 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:Now that we know the new stadium name and many people have been in person or in the paper internet ect. how the new ground is coming on would be nice to have a banner for the last game at Christie park in the North Stand simlar to the one we did at Burton or the one that Barnet did for us.

Coming back to the original post, I think that would be a perfect fitting to our last game at Christie Park....the question is?? does anyone want to take responsability for setting it up, say people chip in i am sure we can raise enough to do it!! I would be willing to if no one else wants to set it up!
thegentlegiant

Postby slackAlice » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:18 pm

keith:
Big difference being stuck under the 'R' of that banner when the game isn't on (as in that photo) or being under it while the game is in progress.

But you wouldn't go into the centre of the Kop and risk being stuck under the 'R' would you ? - there's plenty of other parts of the Kop / ground where you could avoid banners / flags. The fans who go into the middle of the Kop want to be amongst the more 'expressive / emotional' section of supporters. If they miss part of the action [on the pitch] there probably not that bothered - its part of the experience.
I spent quite a few Saturday afternoons on the Kop myself in the 70's / 80's and it was electric , scary - just mad - you'd miss bits and pieces on the pitch but unforgettable times - surging forwards & sideways- you wouln't of wanted it any other way.

Of course you can just sit and watch the match if you want and thats what the vast majority of folk do - everbody's taken care of - but you can't help feeling that grounds need a section where 'Something' takes place that looks and feels like FUN , creates noise , colour , excitement , humour and gets young people going - because just sitting / standing and watching the match isn't every kid / young person's idea of a great day out.
slackAlice

Postby Philja » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:32 pm

Just don't go calling yourselves Ultras or lazy journalists will get the wrong end of the stick..

RIP Red Ultras

before flags become knives.. :|
"The desert grows three miles a year, it just grows, it just grows.."
Philja

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:46 pm

slackAlice wrote:I spent quite a few Saturday afternoons on the Kop myself in the 70's / 80's

Ah you see, during the 70's & 80's I was standing behind the goal, watching games at Christie Park ;)

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion