Time for Hunter to return?

Time for Hunter to return?

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:26 pm

Not an easy game coming up. We defo need more grit in the middle of the park. Again we look fine with the ball but when we don't have it we're piss poor. Accy could have won at a canter in the end and played a lot through the centre of the park.

Stanners just seems to playing square balls all the time. Doesn't tackle and there's no cover when we need to defend.

I know they've (the gaffer) had a falling out but we need Harry Gunter back in the team. Some fire in the belly and more organisation. On that winning streak we were hitting teams on the counter attack beautifully but that was becuase we were organised when we didn't have the ball. (Port Vale was a good example defending with the two banks of four).

Jevons needs a target man to play off so i would start with Mullen as dissapointing as he's been. Panther could play the holding role and Gunter out wide right but whatever we need more 'balls' in that midfield. Hainning is a quality player but you've still got to offer some protection.

Wilson is underused on the left. Get him going forward overlapping. He's good going forward and can cross the ball. Not much use not crossing the halfway line!

A bit more concentration and discipline also needed during games.

Thing is we went on a seven match wining run. We can do it all again if we get back to basics.
Bryan

Re: Time for Hunter to return?

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:32 pm

im sure sammy will take your views on board......after all hes only the manager :) ;)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:43 pm

Bryan wrote:Not an easy game coming up. We defo need more grit in the middle of the park. Again we look fine with the ball but when we don't have it we're piss poor. Accy could have won at a canter in the end and played a lot through the centre of the park.

Stanners just seems to playing square balls all the time. Doesn't tackle and there's no cover when we need to defend.

I know they've (the gaffer) had a falling out but we need Harry Gunter back in the team. Some fire in the belly and more organisation. On that winning streak we were hitting teams on the counter attack beautifully but that was becuase we were organised when we didn't have the ball. (Port Vale was a good example defending with the two banks of four).

Jevons needs a target man to play off so i would start with Mullen as dissapointing as he's been. Panther could play the holding role and Gunter out wide right but whatever we need more 'balls' in that midfield. Hainning is a quality player but you've still got to offer some protection.

Wilson is underused on the left. Get him going forward overlapping. He's good going forward and can cross the ball. Not much use not crossing the halfway line!

A bit more concentration and discipline also needed during games.

Thing is we went on a seven match wining run. We can do it all again if we get back to basics.

Stanners got man of the match from Quinny against Chesterfield. He was the only player who looked like scoring. He is also the best deliverer of a dead ball kick in our squad and Arts 2nd goal on Saturday was a testament to this.

Sammy and Mark see all the players in training all week and they are best placed to know who is match fit and likely to perform well on Saturday.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby maxamoo 1 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:38 pm

heysham shrimp !
Why is it when HUNTERS name is mentioned as a positive you always bring him down as in anybody is better than him ! FACT
It is obvious to me that he would be your last name on a team sheet !
As it goes i agree with you bryan, the team always looks more balanced when garry starts a game , in defence and attack

Give the lad a break he will always give 100%
maxamoo 1

Postby james456 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:42 pm

I'd bring Hunter into the centre of midfield with Drummond. Wainwright to go wide right and Wilson on the left. Jevons and Mullin up front with Adams brought in at left back.
james456

Postby George Dawes » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:00 pm

james456 wrote:I'd bring Hunter into the centre of midfield with Drummond. Wainwright to go wide right and Wilson on the left. Jevons and Mullin up front with Adams brought in at left back.

id go with that apart from Wilson on the left wing/midfield when i seen him play there for us in pre-season he didn't look happy with his back to goal and a defender up is arse(pardon my french) for 90mins he looked very frustrated to say the least :|

i think he's at his best running imto space from deep and playing one two's and getting early crosses in the box
George Dawes

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:06 pm

maxamoo 1 wrote:heysham shrimp !
Why is it when HUNTERS name is mentioned as a positive you always bring him down as in anybody is better than him ! FACT
It is obvious to me that he would be your last name on a team sheet !
As it goes i agree with you bryan, the team always looks more balanced when garry starts a game , in defence and attack

Give the lad a break he will always give 100%

err show me where in the reply to "Bryan" did I bring any player down.

an apology please.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:43 pm

We need more bite and Hunter certainly gives us that. You don't see him pulling his foot out of tackles like Drummond and Stanley.

I hope Sammy adopts a 'shoot on sight' policy against Darlington. Somehow the players have gone back to wafting at the ball or falling over backwards every time they get within shooting distance.
Caged Lion

Return to General Discussion