New club crest

Re: New club crest

Postby SirFredGoodwin » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:02 pm

I think it's a great badge, it has an affinity or kinship you should be proud of,
you follow The Shrimps, you are the Shrimps Fans.
You are STILL Morecambe FC, you have lost no ties to the town you live in/come from.
These are exciting times for your club, get behind them. ;)
Dear Lord Myners,
Leave the Chairman of the Group remuneration commitee and my windows alone!!!
SirFredGoodwin

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:23 pm

It is certainly individualistic in style and given time will be instantly recognisable as a Morecambe FC club badge. I suppose that will set it apart from the coat of arms style which you have to view squinty eyed from about a foot away to decipher who it refers to. We can only assume that was part of the design brief, so mission accomplished.

I hope everyone grows to love and embrace it and I think when it becomes the norm displayed on all merchandise then the vast majority will accept and praise it.

It certainly looks good above the door of the new gaff and on the front of the stylish menus rather than viewed in isolation.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:30 pm

Only just seen it, clicked on the thread and scrolled down to Keith's post and ther it was, first impression was wow that's not what i was expecting, but it certainly has impact, its modern, bold and certainly not boring.

The thing is people will link the badge to Morecambe F.C, it certainly shouldn't be confused with any other club, so for me it does the business, its impossible to please everybody and im sure it will grow on people not literally though :lol:
steve mfc

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

Heysham_red wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:Within reason it doesn't really matter what it looks like as the reason for changing was to help protect the club's interests

thats a little bit contradictory! they are protecting the clubs interesting and trying to increase the revenue stream (by having the copy right) but if the design is terrible, and right i am not sure if I like it or not. then people aren't going to spend money on merchandise because of it. So the design is a pretty important part of said interest.

Hence why I started the sentence with 'within reason'. :roll:

I don't care too much for the new crest but it's not like it's a swastika with Fred West's face on it. I can't see that anyone would find it so disagreeable that it'll stop them buying merchandise.
durhamshrimp

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:51 pm

sorry but i dont like it, and i doubt it will grow on me :roll:
George Dawes

Postby greenshrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:11 pm

I like it and I really think it will enforce our brand as THE shrimps (i.e. not those 'shrimpers') even if it does look slihgtly americanised.

Think they could have had a small shield shape within the shield itself though split into four quadrants or something, a shrimp in each and something to reflect the town in the others (boat/rose or something).

Overall though...good work.
greenshrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:47 pm

greenshrimp wrote:I like it and I really think it will enforce our brand as THE shrimps (i.e. not those 'shrimpers') even if it does look slihgtly americanised.

Think they could have had a small shield shape within the shield itself though split into four quadrants or something, a shrimp in each and something to reflect the town in the others (boat/rose or something).

Overall though...good work.

i agree,its that simple its too simple if you get my drift..........

(edit) and before anyone says it LIKE ME :lol: :lol:
Last edited by shrimpnsave on Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Morecambe Jack » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:55 pm

I thought it was really poor when I first looked at it on my mobile in lecture but since looking on the computer its not as bad as I first thought.

I still think it is far too simplistic and isnt a patch on the old crest (similar views from my impartial housemates) but to be honest I dont think the new crest would have ever been as good (to my eyes) as the old one.

Id like to see it on a shirt to see what it looks like. Anyone able to photoshop something up for a rough idea? 8-)
Morecambe Jack

Postby Vinny » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:00 pm

I like it!

A revitalised Shrimp!!

Tidy.

Bold.

Striking.

Smart.

Taxonomically accurate!

It says what's in the can!

Btw. This was what I sent in :lol:

On the crest of a wave. Gedit? :roll:
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby George Dawes » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:10 pm

that above Vinny is realy good!!
George Dawes

Postby drinkduffbeers » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:42 pm

http://www.escudosfc.com.br/eng.htm

Wow there really are some horrors amongst that lot. If you had asked me yesterday which was my favorite crest I'd have said Arsenal. Ours has some similarities and aso includes a big shrimp. Happy days :)
drinkduffbeers

Postby outsider » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Eastbourne Borough's was drawn by a Blue Peter viewer
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Keith » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:16 pm

Morecambe Jack wrote:I still think it is far too simplistic and isnt a patch on the old crest (similar views from my impartial housemates)

Showed it to my impartial wife tonight... she likes it and thinks it looks very good.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:23 am

I've always been taken by the style of badge that such teams as : Rochdale, Dag & Red & even one like Barrow.

However Vinny that is very good!
lancaster_shrimp

Postby Trevor » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Vinny's is a lovely idea (I like it, or a version of it) but would be a nightmare on an embroiderd badge and would need so many colours that printing stuff with it would cost as fortune. I also dont think it would work quite as well on printed stuff and on the stadium.

As for the 'quartered' idea - again there are so many of those (look at Tranmere and Southend) and i just think they are trying to cram evrything in so as to try and pleas evryone. The result is a messy compromise which doesnt make any statement and which, seen from a distance, isnt clear what its saying.

as for the old crest - im an old Sand Grown'un and I love it. But only because its 'my town' coat of arms and Im proud of my town - not cos its a great design. that one has trhe advantage of us having grown up with it.

As i said before if we'd never ever seen it and it was presented yesterday i think people would be saying 'why yellow? why two roses - any club in Lancashire could have that, why a boat? any club on the coast could have that'

This one says 'Morecambe' to me and it says 'Morecambe FC' no confusion, no mess okay its a shrimp which isnt macho like a lion or tiger but so what - as the chairman said thats who we are and its been the clubs identity and logo for very many years.

I also quite like the fact that it says we are punching above our weight, this little club mixing it with the big boys and winning frequently!!
Trevor

Postby Aspers » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:26 pm

I like it simple bold however if I was pedantic why aren't there 2 on there.
I mean are we the shrimps or the shrimp?.
Can't wait to get online and buy my New Shirt with the new logo on it.
The man from Australia, he say yes! 8-)
Aspers

Postby shrimper » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:40 pm

Aspers wrote:I like it simple bold however if I was pedantic why aren't there 2 on there.

Yeah!

Why only one lion on Millwall's, one tiger on Hull's, one wolf on Wolves, one canary on Norwich's, one swan on Swansea's, one Bluebird on Cardiff's, one red devil on ManU's??

(You didn't really think that one through, did you, mate?)

;)
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:59 pm

shrimper wrote:
Aspers wrote:I like it simple bold however if I was pedantic why aren't there 2 on there.

Yeah!

Why only one lion on Millwall's, one tiger on Hull's, one wolf on Wolves, one canary on Norwich's, one swan on Swansea's, one Bluebird on Cardiff's, one red devil on ManU's??

;)

Unlike yourself, who'd been paid (a footballers wage) to think about it :!: :lol: :lol:

You forgot Leicester City by the way Glenn, must be your age ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:35 pm

It looks a bit like a Bobby Charlton comb-over :P
Caged Lion

Postby Sammy h » Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:21 am

Did Mick just say someone got paid a footballers wage to make that? I would give up my fee if i did as i would be ashamed.

To me it looks like no effort has gone into it. I know the fans were consulted to design the badge and have ideas, i just wonder what people said or sent in, am i the only one that thinks a giant shrimp looks ridiculous. I really am upset over this, not happy at all.

On a lighter note, Vinny, your badge looks great!
Sammy h

Postby Aspers » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:42 pm

Yeah!

Thank you for being my Ernie I will now continue with.

You see if we had 2 shrimps on there mounted, after a particular dismal performance someone could say those F@#$%*G shrimps and we could say yes they look like they are.

O.K just putting on my coat!.
Aspers

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:43 pm

SirFredGoodwin wrote:I think it's a great badge, it has an affinity or kinship you should be proud of,
you follow The Shrimps, you are the Shrimps Fans.
You are STILL Morecambe FC, you have lost no ties to the town you live in/come from.
These are exciting times for your club, get behind them. ;)

Welcome back Sir Fred ~ This is a sign that the recession is well and truly over :?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Lurchy » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:30 pm

That is quality Vinny!
Everybody Love Everybody
Lurchy

Postby bigreddog » Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Except of course we were founded in 1920 not 1921. otherwise quite good.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:13 pm

Sammy h wrote:Did Mick just say someone got paid a footballers wage to make that? I would give up my fee if i did as i would be ashamed.

To me it looks like no effort has gone into it. I know the fans were consulted to design the badge and have ideas, i just wonder what people said or sent in, am i the only one that thinks a giant shrimp looks ridiculous. I really am upset over this, not happy at all.

On a lighter note, Vinny, your badge looks great!

Sammy I'm well shocked :o

I can't believe you took me literally - you muppet :lol:

These people who have designed, yes designed, the new club crest (get used to it) are life long fans with only the best of the club at heart. As someone once said, FACT.

My first reaction was, well, :o but when you think about where it's to go - on shirts and on the wall of the new ground, something that is not a cluttered design is required for clarity.
It does that.
It needed to be something that can only be identified with the club, unlike the Morecambe and Heysham Town council crest, that we've been using for some years. Morecambe "council" are back and will start using it again - no doubt charging the club everytime they reproduced it. It had to change.
Where it's gone to I believe is starting to grow on me, as it will with others.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and a discussion forum probably is the best place to express it. But don't be fooled into thinking that just because some, even if it was everybody on here didn't like it, that is not everyone who supports the club.
morecambe mick

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion