Apology

Apology

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:08 pm

after some consideration I should maybe have been more constructive with my critisims of the new club crest. I'm sure an awful lot of time and effort has gone into producing it

So I apologise for suggesting otherwise

I don't like the crest but i realise many others do, I will still buy the new shirt next season though as I support my club
burple

Re: Apology

Postby Sharpy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:37 pm

don't be apologising!! the crest is rubbish! if someone did spend alot of time and effort on it then more fool them!! i dont think there can have been alot of time spent designing it though.......
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby Trevor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:20 pm

http://www.sloganpower.com/attachments/Image/slogans_of_famous_brands.gif

And how long do you think it took to come up with these?

just cos its simple and clean doesnt mean theres no thought gone into it - maybe the board had more fancy designs and then decided they wanted somthing more direct and bold

'no thought' would have been just a tweak to the old badge

I don't think burple should apologise for not liking it (no design will please everyone) and he hasnt. but it was good of him to withdraw comments about it not being thought out and I praise him for that
Trevor

Postby ezz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Maybe there was a lot of time spent, you think that was the only badge made? I bet they made quite a few and decided the others were not as good. Just because the badge they decided was best was the simplest design doesn't mean a lot of effort didn't go into it. The boards eyes work the same as ours and I'm sure they could see that this design is 'great', also I'm sure they are best positioned to decide what is the best image for the club. Those who don't like it shouldn't criticise the effort but should accept the badge whether they like it or not as it aint going to change anytime soon :D
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Posh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:35 pm

Sharpy is right there are clearly far better logos out there with far more detail that were created by people for whom simplicity is a cop-out for fools.

The new Northampton badge with a rabid dog eating a shoe is up there for me

Tranmere Rovers tree, three lions in two different poses, a crook, two horseshoes, a football and a cutting blade from Robot Wars star Hypnodisk, simply doesn't have enough going on it for me.

Finally for me there just simply isn't ball-playing squirrels in crests and this one with its masonic / cub scout finger stuff is my personal favourite.

Stops irony.

Damn I bit.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby outsider » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

simple
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby outsider » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:42 pm

fussy
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby bigreddog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Whether simple, fussy or over-complicated all club crests need to say something fundamental about the club that it represents. I think ours does exactly what it says on the tin: we are Morecambe, we're known as the shrimps (unless you work for the BBC and couldn't be arsed trying to distinguish us from "the shrimpers") and so we have a badge with a very good looking shrimp (which couldn't have been easy) and our name on it, simples.

I've been lucky enough to see the draft designs before we arrived at what we have today, make no mistake there has been a lot of hard work and soul searching done by the design team and the board of directors, and having seen the early ideas, I for one believe they've gone for the best design.

My congratulations to all involved, this could have been the easiest thing to get wrong, and although there are a lot of people making their thoughts known right now in a less than positive sense, I think they'll come to like the new badge. There will of course be others who don't like change of any sort, dont like modernity, don't like anything progressive. That I'm afraid is just proof positive, like it were needed, that Morecambe Football Club is light years ahead of Morecambe. But that's because Morecambe needs to catch up, I hope and pray it will in time to provide the next generation of shrimps fans a decent place to live, and to work.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Bryan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:57 pm

Love the simplicity of it. Would have prefered a blue background like our present badge but really why complain. We are v. lucky with all that is going on. Think Portsmouth/Palace oh and Scarborough/Halifax etc. etc. That's something to moan about!
Bryan

Postby Bare Ben » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:09 pm

This is how much effort has gone into it:

"Let's have a shield.......and put a shrimp on it.........oh we better write Morecambe FC on it as well".

And Arena is too American. It's not a badge or a stadium name to be proud of :evil:
Bare Ben

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 pm

Posh wrote:Sharpy is right there are clearly far better logos out there with far more detail that were created by people for whom simplicity is a cop-out for fools.

The new Northampton badge with a rabid dog eating a shoe is up there for me

Tranmere Rovers tree, three lions in two different poses, a crook, two horseshoes, a football and a cutting blade from Robot Wars star Hypnodisk, simply doesn't have enough going on it for me.

Finally for me there just simply isn't ball-playing squirrels in crests and this one with its masonic / cub scout finger stuff is my personal favourite.

Stops irony.

Damn I bit.

If you ask me the Northampton one is just a load of Cobblers !

And the Tranmere one has a crook on it for all the scousers who go out on the rob !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Return to General Discussion