New club crest

Re: New club crest

Postby Trevor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am

Or with a bucket and spade, eating an ice-cream, sitting in a deckchair and wearing eric glasses!
Trevor

Postby yozzer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:57 am

Now your just taking the piss Burnley :lol:
yozzer

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:03 pm

Trevor wrote:Nah! That would be tacky and cartoony Burnley. Its our nickname, its who we are. Be proud of it.

Southend are the only other ones who have a connection with shrimps - have a look at their badge if you want to see a bad one! Complicated (so it should please burple) - but terrible. .

I have never said anywhere I would like a complicated design. FWIW I like the simple, clean designs I just think ours in particular looks terrible, worse than terrible and is about as bad as it can be.
burple

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 pm

Trevor wrote:Or with a bucket and spade, eating an ice-cream, sitting in a deckchair and wearing eric glasses!

Heading a football and looking up at a big sun with a little pot of potted shrimps on it's knee :lol: .
Burnley Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:15 pm

Love it!

Simple, Modern, great for Brand building and recognition, which is what this new era of MFC is all about.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby yozzer » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:19 pm

with a facade of the Winter Gardens in the background.......bloody designers .....clueless....
yozzer

Postby P/T Indie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 pm

To me it just looks like arsenal badge
Last edited by P/T Indie on Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Trevor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:51 pm

...and Portsmouth did the same but just changed the colours - and dont get me started on Wigan, Chelsea and Leicester!
Trevor

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:02 pm

burple wrote:that cant honestly of been done by a professional? I could of done better on MS paint in 10 mins. It really couldn't be any worse... I thought my mate was taking the piss when he sent that on email

oh the shame :oops:

I like it simple and it makes a bold statement!!

P.s there is no need for the above comment! :twisted:
thegentlegiant

Postby campdave » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:03 pm

F**cking hideous. We're not an American Football team.
campdave

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:05 pm

Well I stand by the comment. That is my opinion, it looks dreadful.

It's an embarrassing effort :oops:
burple

Postby Dysie » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:10 pm

Instantly didn't like it & don't think I ever will.
Dysie

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

yozzer wrote:with a facade of the Winter Gardens in the background.......bloody designers .....clueless....

again you amaze me. you think that cause I don't like the new badge I must support the winter gardens and want the old days back for Morecambe? mental

For the record I support the by-pass, I would pull down the winter gardens, ditto the dome. I want a new future in a new direction for Morecambe

as for the badge a wanted something clean and simple BUT ALSO THAT LOOKS GOOD. That is not what we got IMO
burple

Postby Posh » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 pm

Several things to say (for the moment)

1. This messageboard hasn't been this busy since Wembley
2. On my count there is a majority in favour of the crest but a very vociferous number against
3. It's getting the club fantastic publicity http://www.lep.co.uk/news/Football-club ... jp#4915716
4. Fans were consulted properly and fans invited to the press conference, which is a great tribute to our board of directors

Finally, Burple and P/T Indie you hopefully have PMs. Can you let me know if you got them?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:10 pm

I've only just seen the PM Posh and have replied
burple

Postby durhamshrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:25 pm

Prefer the old one but don't really mind the new one. There're always going to be people happy and unhappy whatever it turned out to be be. Within reason it doesn't really matter what it looks like as the reason for changing was to help protect the club's interests.
durhamshrimp

Postby Heysham_red » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:37 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:Within reason it doesn't really matter what it looks like as the reason for changing was to help protect the club's interests

thats a little bit contradictory! they are protecting the clubs interesting and trying to increase the revenue stream (by having the copy right) but if the design is terrible, and right i am not sure if I like it or not. then people aren't going to spend money on merchandise because of it. So the design is a pretty important part of said interest.
Heysham_red

Postby Trevor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:51 pm

Heysham_red wrote:
durhamshrimp wrote:Within reason it doesn't really matter what it looks like as the reason for changing was to help protect the club's interests

thats a little bit contradictory! they are protecting the clubs interesting and trying to increase the revenue stream (by having the copy right) but if the design is terrible, and right i am not sure if I like it or not. then people aren't going to spend money on merchandise because of it. So the design is a pretty important part of said interest.

I think you make a very valid point.

all i'll say is that if you'd never EVER seen the old crest and it was presented today as the big new announcment for the new club crest for Morecambe FC I think thered be far more against it than liking it. its just that we've been used ot it for so long that people are happy with it. So in terms of spending money on merchandise - this will become 'our' crest and people will get used to it and buy the merchandise when it become available IMO.

In fact I personally think it will looks far better on shirts t-shirts, big back window car stickers (which will be great) , mugs, posters, coats - in fact everything - than the current one - and that one has sold okay on stuff.
Trevor

Postby lancaster_shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:00 pm

Im not trying to talk for everyone on this message board but the badge for me has completely put me off buying any murchandice what so ever!
For example, many of my good friends are Man utd fans (as always) but they hated the new (rugby league style) shirt and non bought it.

Maybe they should have let the fans have a vote on it (?)
But whatever the case the new stadium name is better then i would ever have imagine (thought it would be a website name or something with .com on the end) and the new badge is stuck so we must all get used to it.

Maybe for some more people on here the badge has put them off buying new shirts etc which will put the club a little bit out of pocket... but we shall see
lancaster_shrimp

Postby smitherz » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:40 pm

I have been a member of Shrimpsvoices for a while as being an exile I like to read what's going on. I for one think the new badge is great and represents the club perfectly. It is very modern and totally appropriate for where the club is heading.

The first Morecambe shirt I owned as a child was the one with the Shrimp logo and the new crest brings back fond memories of my first games a Christie Park.
smitherz

Postby Curly » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:45 pm

It's RED, It's SHRIMP
I like it! :D
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby DTSJim » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:59 pm

I personally think it's a nice return to the classic crest, with the necessary modernisation. Managed to dig out my dads Wembley 74 scarf with the shrimp logo on. I reckon this crest's a grower and I'd be surprised if merchandise sales do anything but increase next season.

Shrimp.jpg
Shrimp.jpg (45.55 KiB) Viewed 884 times
DTSJim

Postby bigreddog » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:07 pm

Personally I think it will grow on people, it's simple and it's effective. I think maybe a lot of people would have been expecting just an updated version of the morecambe town council crest, which would have been truly idle ( and disengenious of the town to have expected that). I think if we look at our history, the crest we've got now is pretty recent history, this isn't Morecambe's crest revamped, it's ours. slightly ironic that there are serious undertones, or should that be overtones of the Arsenal crest ( given that a spurs fan was in the team that designed it), but I think they've done a good job of coming up with a simple design that we can call our own, it's now over to Puma to give us a decent shirt to put it on in the coming years.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:10 pm

The Shrimp from 74 was a little sad looking Shrimp. I like to think that the 2010 version is the same Shrimp but 36 years on and grown up from a boy to a man. A proud man who goes to the gym every day and can now flex his Shrimpy muscles on the new club crest.

But seriously. I don't know if I like it or not and probably never will know completely. However it is now set as my desktop background so it will be interesting to guage the opinion of non Shrimp loving visitors when they gaze upon it. If it's still there after a week then I will deem that a seal of approval from the general populace. If I am subjected to ridicule it will have to go.

The experiment begins!
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:48 pm

I think some people when they see the shirts and other things may change their minds. If you don't like it that is fine but it's simple and stands out for me I like it and can't wait to see it in use.
heysham_mfc

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion