Limited sides like Morecambe!

Limited sides like Morecambe!

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:32 am

http://www.nottscounty-mad.co.uk/news/t ... ndex.shtml

Approx half way into the article, there is a reference to both ourselves and Barnet.

Cheeky bast*rds! :evil: :evil: :evil:

At least we live within our means.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Limited sides like Morecambe!

Postby drinkduffbeers » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:35 am

Oi your meant to be at the job centre ;)
drinkduffbeers

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:36 am

That will be the same morecambe side who should have been 4 or 5 up by half time against sven county by playing football i don't remember bullying them at all..... and how strange they are calling ourselves and barnet limited sides even though they lost at christie and underhill mm mm interesting
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:39 am

Looking at our new club crest we are a limited side with that abomination. We had to get a 3 year old to do the design
burple

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:43 am

drinkduffbeers wrote:Oi your meant to be at the job centre ;)

Decided to go first thing in the hope that they could see me.

Complete waste of time and money. Told me that as of now I no longer can claim JSA and have to live on my wife's P/T wage. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Also confirmed that at 59 the chance of a full time job in this area is remote.

Anybody know of any P/T driving / delivery work?

Happy days!

Thank God for MFC and SVs to provide some relief.

:( :( :(
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 am

I'm in same boat Christie i lost my job because of the chicken factory in westgate burnt down i was working there 2 and half years only 23 got good grades and i have to survive on my wive to be wages.

Shocking not much work here and if it is it goes to agentcies where mainly Polish take the work im shocked i get some work Great Britain my a$$ i should say im my application forms im polish and cant speak english might get a job then lol.
darrenlock

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 am

burple wrote:Looking at our new club crest we are a limited side with that abomination. We had to get a 3 year old to do the design

....did you provide an alternative by any chance?

Design is a very subjective thing; always has and always will create differing opinions.

Personally I like it. Whether it will have the longevity factor only time will tell. But my personal congratulations to the design team.

Definately a case of 'You can only please some of the people.....etc....etc....etc...'
Christies Child

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:07 am

I wondered how long it would take someone to troop that one out. No I did not but then I don't claim to be a pro (I could of done that though in 10mins)
burple

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:11 am

burple wrote:

I wondered how long it would take someone to troop that one out. No I did not but then I don't claim to be a pro (I could of done that though in 10mins)

I seriously doubt it.
Christies Child

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:17 am

I'm serious, I could of done... there is nothing complicated in that design at all

it's piss poor IMO
burple

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:35 am

burple wrote:I'm serious, I could of done... there is nothing complicated in that design at all

it's piss poor IMO

......and that is the point. Successful visual designs are those that are not complicated. They project a clean, easy to remember visual identity.

The new logo certainly does that.
Christies Child

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:38 am

it also doesn't make it any good, the arsenal one for example is clean simple etc etc but also good ours is just shite
burple

Postby Trevor » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:50 am

Burple. So if we had a big gun you'd be happy? Or a few fancy bits of blue round the outside?

If you dont like a big shrimp on a Morecambe badge then you dont like the nickname. But thats who we are, thats our nickname.

Arsenal;s badge was absolutelty slated by their fans when it first came out. now its seen as one of the stand-out badges in football today
Trevor

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:53 am

Trevor wrote:So if we had a big gun you'd be happy? Or a few fancy bits of blue round the outside?

If you dont like a big shrimp on a Morecambe badge then you dont like the nickname. But thats who we are, thats our nickname.

Leave him alone it took him weeks to invent his username!! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Harry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:53 pm

Not being funny, but we are limited...small fanbase, a board who keep control of the purse strings and not that much Football League quality in our squad. I think the point being made is that irrespective of those reasons, teams like us, Barnet, Accy et al can dig in and get a result when needed so Notts County shouldn't have been turning up expecting a result.
Harry

Postby burple » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:16 pm

Trevor wrote:Burple. So if we had a big gun you'd be happy? Or a few fancy bits of blue round the outside?

Arsenal;s badge was absolutelty slated by their fans when it first came out. now its seen as one of the stand-out badges in football today

What a pathetic argument, just cause I don’t like the design means I don't like our nickname? utter rubbish. and just cause I highlighted the arsenal badge as being a good example means I think we should have guns on ours? how do you manage to get out of bed in a morning with reasoning like that?

I am more than happy to have a shrimp on the badge, I WANT it to be simple and clear. IMO though what we got looks shite
burple

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:48 pm

Christies Child wrote:

Complete waste of time and money. Told me that as of now I no longer can claim JSA and have to live on my wife's P/T wage. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Happy days!

Christie,

on a serious note the new Globe Arena will in the not to distant future surely be generating employment opportunities. It may mean a complete change of direction from what you've done previously but it would be work and it would be in an environment you would surely thrive in!

You must have contacts from within the board of directors so maybe a few tentative enquiries may produce positive results!

I'm sure that if you were willing to sign some form of footballing Official Secrets Act document promising not to reveal inside information you would no doubt become privvy to, then they may look favourably on you.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:51 pm

Good stadium name did they fall sort of cash so they went i got a idea, lets call the stadium Global names after us the people that made the stadium lol only joking.

Nice crest morecambe hope morecambe fill up the new stadium no matter what the cost
darrenlock

Postby Harry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:12 pm

darrenlock wrote:Good stadium name did they fall sort of cash so they went i got a idea, lets call the stadium Global names after us the people that made the stadium lol only joking.

Nice crest morecambe hope morecambe fill up the new stadium no matter what the cost

That's the point :lol:

Arsenal didn't call their new ground the Emirates because they love the middle east so much, all down to the money.
Harry

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:00 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Happy days!

Christie,

on a serious note the new Globe Arena will in the not to distant future surely be generating employment opportunities. It may mean a complete change of direction from what you've done previously but it would be work and it would be in an environment you would surely thrive in!

You must have contacts from within the board of directors so maybe a few tentative enquiries may produce positive results!

I'm sure that if you were willing to sign some form of footballing Official Secrets Act document promising not to reveal inside information you would no doubt become privvy to, then they may look favourably on you.

good point plus maybe free tickets for some games :D
heysham_mfc

Postby james456 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:12 pm

Harry wrote:Not being funny, but we are limited...small fanbase, a board who keep control of the purse strings and not that much Football League quality in our squad. I think the point being made is that irrespective of those reasons, teams like us, Barnet, Accy et al can dig in and get a result when needed so Notts County shouldn't have been turning up expecting a result.

The way it was worded, I thought it was refering to us as a limited side on the pitch (the use of the phrase "they bullied us"). When the truth is we played them off the park with good passing football.
james456

Postby Harry » Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:31 pm

james456 wrote:
Harry wrote:Not being funny, but we are limited...small fanbase, a board who keep control of the purse strings and not that much Football League quality in our squad. I think the point being made is that irrespective of those reasons, teams like us, Barnet, Accy et al can dig in and get a result when needed so Notts County shouldn't have been turning up expecting a result.

The way it was worded, I thought it was refering to us as a limited side on the pitch (the use of the phrase "they bullied us"). When the truth is we played them off the park with good passing football.

If we bully any other Football League side...happy days.
Harry

Return to General Discussion