Morecambe Player

Morecambe Player

Postby Morecambe Player » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:27 am

This post is a purely personal view and isn't that of Sean, Quinny or the club.

What I wanted to say was that I was very disappointed to read that people were thinking of unsubscribing from Player because, from a personal point of view, it makes me feel like I have let people down. I know people have said that they don't blame us as such, but it's hard not to feel responsible when things happen like this. Although I understand that some people think that today was the final straw, the issue after half time really was something simple which won't happen again. Unfortunately, with technical equipment, it only takes a small thing to bring the whole thing crashing down around our ears, which was what happened.

I would ask you to reconsider, and think about the bigger picture, and that your subscriptions help the club, as well as the fact that the more subscribers we get, it will surely mean that the club will want to do more with Player. Of course, you can also view ANY club's Player site with your subscription so despite the odd problem, I do feel that it's worth the subscription fee as it stands at present.

Lance
Morecambe Player

Re: Morecambe Player

Postby Aspers » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 am

Producing Musical Theatre shows I cannot tell you how many times I have been let down by the sound department. 99% of the time these are unforseen technical problems.
Each time I produce a show (Next 1 NIDA Theatre Mon 15th Feb) I run through a checklist of previous problems, I add the new technical problem to my list as and when it happens.
I understand not only the clients frustration but also the supplier, we all want to be liked and people to appreciate our work no matter what industry it is.
In favour of Bill Shankley's Quote about life and death I so am for kicking the cat (haven't got 1) divorcing the missus (Can't I love her too much) and other random acts of violence I want to commit when I can't hear my football team.
On the other hand I understand the same feeling for the producer.
But the truth Lance is IF WE WERE LISTENING MORECAMBE WOULD HAVE WON!!!.
So it's your fault we lost at Accy, yes yours. I hope that makes you happy.

So don't you come on here and try taking my tongue out of my cheek.

I feel for you brother. I'll be keeping my subscription.
Aspers

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:38 am

Thanks for the post Lance, I can understand why you feel like that, I feel bad if something at my place of work goes wrong, even if it was beyond my control. I'm not blaming you or Sean, but the frustration felt when it goes wrong only occurs because there is an expectation that it will work! If I'm not expecting it, then I'm not going to be frustrated! It is also worth remembering that we missed the first ten minutes of the first half too.

As for the company behind Player, they don't care, or certainly haven't done anything to show otherwise. When there were failures with the service at the start of the season I tried to contact them, which wasn't straight forward. Eventually I got an e-mail explaining how to log on! That wound me up again because they clearly didn't read my e-mail and weren't taking responsibility for their service failure and were patronising me too. I almost cancelled then.

If you went in to a pub and ordered a pint, then after the landlord took your money he didn't give you a drink you'd want to know why. If he said "the pumps are broken", you'd expect your money back or some alternative. if it happened more than once, eventually you'd question why you kept doing this?

As I mentioned before, this isn't about you & Sean, it is about the company that you are working for (whether voluntary or paid for). If you want to pass my e-mail address to them, they can get in touch or they can register and post publicly. If they are not interested in three or four customers who have cancelled, then that speaks volumes about them and reinforces that I was right to cancel my subscription.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:21 am

I heard about yesterdays antics with the player system for which I pay for and quiet rightly can express my dissatisfaction, surely these things happen all the time and therefore spare part or replacements should be carried!! and this is not the first time this has happened.....I am also thinking of unsubscribing from the service!! I would rather just see text commentary on the bbc website at least I know what type of service I am getting then.

Sorry Sean and Lance but thats the way a feel none of this is aimed at you but for a service thats not free you come to expect a much better service!
thegentlegiant

Postby bill ding » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:32 pm

Think i must be one of the lucky ones, never had any trouble with it.
Ok so sometimes it doesn't come on straight away ,so just choose the commentary from the opposition (sometimes good to hear what they think and how biased they can be)
Don't forget you can also listen to commentary from any other league games on that day ,you also get live league tables , Stats and eventually highlights from our games , £4 well spent i think!
lets face it as long as other Local bigger teams are playing on a saturday we are never going to get full commentary on Radio Lancashire.
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:52 pm

I think what made it worse yesterday was Accy not having player normally we could have switched onto the oppositions commentary so that just made it doubly frustrating.

Normally with been able to switch when ours doesn't work I still think its worth the money.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Mark S » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:17 pm

I think this is probably more frustrating for the exiles who rely on this service week in and week out.

I have subscribed and have been lucky that every away match I havent been able to get to has been well covered without any problems.

From this customer's position, its a bargain.
Mark S

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:45 pm

The well meaning people running morecambe player are not being payed a fortune for producing a minor miracle live every saturday for rich people who moan about paying a pound a week coz they bailed out of failing britain but want updates for eff all, imagine a chinese billionanaier, i can t spell it ,moaning about a shit connnection to ,i dunno, old trafford world, funny, morecambe fc have not got a lot of fans, i take my son to every home game,4 quid a month for a fledgling service is f??? all to tax dodgers griping that they cannot listen to the games, just move back, be poor, and support the team at home :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Christies Child » Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:19 am

Mark S wrote:I think this is probably more frustrating for the exiles who rely on this service week in and week out.

I have subscribed and have been lucky that every away match I havent been able to get to has been well covered without any problems.

From this customer's position, its a bargain.

On this we can agree..... :shock: :shock: :shock:

An absolute bargain. Less than the cost of a bag of chips per week!

I for one am staying put.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Aspers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:36 am

The well meaning people running morecambe player are not being payed a fortune for producing a minor miracle live every saturday for rich people who moan about paying a pound a week coz they bailed out of failing britain but want updates for eff all, imagine a chinese billionanaier, i can t spell it ,moaning about a shit connnection to ,i dunno, old trafford world, funny, morecambe fc have not got a lot of fans, i take my son to every home game,4 quid a month for a fledgling service is f??? all to tax dodgers griping that they cannot listen to the games, just move back, be poor, and support the team at home

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Brilliant.
Aspers

Postby Joe Oh » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:42 pm

If there was any alternative to this, I'd have cancelled the subscription a long time ago but the fact is that this is the only way to get Morecambe commentary and the quality of the commentary, from a Morecambe fan's perspective, is good and worth listening to.

At the end of the day, a proportion of the money goes to the club. It's the same as when you log onto the club's website and the top 5 stories are all "Why not have a bet on Morecambe" or "Look at this picture of our sponsor". You put up with it because that's hoe the club survives.
Joe Oh

Return to General Discussion