What does the remainder of the season hold for us?

What does the remainder of the season hold for us?

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:07 am

I personally think we are quite capable of another run of good form and a glut of points to leave us in or very near to the play offs.

We undoubtedly have a very strong squad and if the returning players can get up to speed quickly (Jevons, Hunter, Panther, Wainwright, Mullin) we can kick on again. Jevo could be crucial as we need his killer finishing quickly. However after four games back he still looks a tad off the pace. Perhaps he's missing playing along side Mullers to give him some space.

The last three fixtures have all been very frustrating and to only take 1 point from 9 is probably an injustice. We totally dominated the second half at Macc only to be pegged back by a wonder goal. Chesterfield was one of those games where we deserved something from it but got nothing and yesterday was the best performance we've put up at Accy in a long while but were eventually beaten by a slick second goal and a sublime finish for their third.

Keep the faith! If we can hopefully beat a resurgent Darlington then we are back in the mix and can push on.
Burnley Shrimp

Re: What does the remainder of the season hold for us?

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:14 am

after watching yesterdays match you can understand why on a bobbly gluepot of a pitch that Accy dont play a passing game but just lump the ball up to their front men.

We have what looks like a good run of "winnable" games coming up and if we can rack up decent points from them then the last 6 games of the season which are all against top teams will be crucial and we usually play better against the good teams.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:26 am

next two games are tough both darlo and burton have a bit of form but if we can win both then who knows but i will be sticking with my prediction of 17th for ourselves due to us having one of worst defensive records in the division
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Aspers » Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:49 am

I reckon we'll be "in with a shout when April is out".
Aspers

Postby paulshrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:31 am

What odds on us completing a hat trick of 11th places?
paulshrimp

Return to General Discussion