Away following today

Away following today

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:50 pm

How many shrimps fans made the journey today
Blackpool Shrimp

Re: Away following today

Postby maccawozzagod » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:08 pm

about 400. Made a decent fist of attempted noise for around half an hour then nowt
maccawozzagod

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:20 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:about 400. Made a decent fist of attempted noise for around half an hour then nowt

from what I could make out from the opposite end the Accy fans go quiet when the team goes behind.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:38 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:about 400. Made a decent fist of attempted noise for around half an hour then nowt

Personally i thought your support was pretty crap today.
steve mfc

Postby maccawozzagod » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:59 pm

steve mfc wrote:Personally i thought your support was pretty crap today.

your right, our support wasnt its usual sparkly self today, but it was infinitely better than what came out of the away end. And remember that historically away fans are better than home fans

i sat in the park bench stand for the second half so that I could 'sample' the atmosphere from both sides. There was one verse from Morecambe where it was louder than the Stanley end, and that was seconds after you scored the second.

The only problem I think you lads have is that you have no conviction in what you sing. You give it a verse then leave it. Try to do a 2nd verse and you might surprise yourselves! Seriously, you have the basic numbers to have a real crack at being 'noisy' just believe in yourselves.
maccawozzagod

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:09 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:

your right, our support wasnt its usual sparkly self today, but it was infinitely better than what came out of the away end. And remember that historically away fans are better than home fans

i sat in the park bench stand for the second half so that I could 'sample' the atmosphere from both sides. There was one verse from Morecambe where it was louder than the Stanley end, and that was seconds after you scored the second.

The only problem I think you lads have is that you have no conviction in what you sing. You give it a verse then leave it. Try to do a 2nd verse and you might surprise yourselves! Seriously, you have the basic numbers to have a real crack at being 'noisy' just believe in yourselves.

we did make some noise it's very hard to gerarate a decent support when your stood on an open terrace!
heysham_mfc

Postby maccawozzagod » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:33 pm

you can hear the noise from an open terrace, it just doesn't sound like it when you're there!

Like I said,I could hear the Shrimp support, it just never lasted long enough to be 'noise'.
maccawozzagod

Postby Arnside Red » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 pm

Got to agree, the away support was very disappointing today, hardly any noise and 400 for the nearest away game, very poor imho
Arnside Red

Postby Bare bum » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 pm

Look, macca, it's easy to sing in a noisy, co-ordinated, repetitive and continuous fashion when
a) you're all related and know each others limited thoughts and linguistic habits and live in small, identical, continuously noisy houses
b) you are used to boring repetitive mill work or boring repetitive signing on tasks

Going on about it to us is like an amoeba bragging to a dolphin about it's ability to obtain its food through phagocytosis................................. ;)

You have got one or two tasty players though.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby steve mfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:02 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:

You cant possibly compare the level of sound created by one set of supporters that have a roof to one that doesn't, and then to give us advice on how to create a atmosphere and say we lack conviction is at best condescending at worse down right insulting.

Morecambe fans feel every bit as proud and passionate about their side as any accy fan, if you had been at places like Hereford away in the play offs Preston, Wolves, Sheffield utd, to name but a few then you would know what i mean.
steve mfc

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:14 pm

the support at Sheffield United was fantastic even at 5 nil down we were all singing always look on the bright side of life :lol: and still there at the end to clap the players
heysham_mfc

Postby Vinny » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:18 pm

steve mfc wrote:You cant possibly compare the level of sound created by one set of supporters that have a roof to one that doesn't, and then to give us advice on how to create a atmosphere and say we lack conviction is at best condescending at worse down right insulting.

Morecambe fans feel every bit as proud and passionate about their side as any accy fan, if you had been at places like Hereford away in the play offs Preston, Wolves, Sheffield utd, to name but a few then you would know what i mean.

Well said Steve. It's the Crown ground that's depressingly crap, especially for visiting away supporters. It's no wonder really that our players can't raise their game on such a poor pitch and in a such a depressing ground. No wonder they can't get people to go. I've been there several times now, and always loathe the place soon as you enter that excuse for a car park. I don't think I'll bother going there again.
Bring me sunshine, in your smile.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
Vinny

Postby NeilG » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:24 pm

It's a shit hole and we always get beat, they're the main reasons I decided not to go today, I got so friggin wet there one year my bones are still damp :)
NeilG

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:33 pm

NeilG wrote:It's a shit hole and we always get beat, they're the main reasons I decided not to go today, I got so friggin wet there one year my bones are still damp :)

accy is one big shithole anyway..glad i live in morecambe :D
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:51 am

maccawozzagod wrote:

If approximately 30 pre pubescent Accrington school kids repeatedly regurtitating the same 3 songs passes for atmosphere then it's time to give up. It's no wonder they sing in harmony, they've got all week to practice in the school playground.

And what have their mothers got to say about all their missing bed sheets? Do they even know that they are being used for the attempted 'more flags than fans' world record attempt??
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Jase (SU) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:20 am

I know you have been beaten again but there seems some very um-Morecambe like comments on SV today :oops:

My thoughts on the day

Was in the Crown from 12 ish expected some pre game pre derby day singing. I was very disappointed. For anyone who has seen us in the York, we usually start the banter as soon as the doors open. The away crowd was surprisingly quiet despite mfc :) saying the pub would be bouncing.

The Ultras put on a show or display before the game. It takes money, time & effort whatever you think of it. It hopefully inspires the players, Watch the TV footage, your end looks like any other in the football league. Bland, drab, uninspiring. Ours looks like something from the Serie C or Liverpools Kop. The comments about flags make me laugh from Morecambe as one of the biggest cheers at your play off game was our big flags on the North Stand.

Singing wise like Macca said, you have enough voices & for the first half it was even stevens. But despite us being behind twice, we won the day through sheer effort & the Ultras kept the chants going & going. We were in the ground long after you have gone celebrating with the players & making sure Mullin knows we love him.

All in all though, a good day. The football is a bye product. Jimmy Bell was buzzing in the Crown, Coley had to disappear but saw him in the club house after & he was made up. He ain't going nowhere lads BTW, we are one of the richest clubs in the country being debt free. He never applied for the Tranmere job when it was available.

Although I think a few chairman will like a guy who can work on a shoe string

See you in the play offs
Jase (SU)

Postby Jase (SU) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:25 am

Sorry, on the roof thing.

Course it helps but we can hear you. And we can tell when you are quiet. When you are quiet, we have folk in our end screaming "louder" "everyone" etc etc. And we have beaten ya open air to open air at the crown before. At Christie roof to roof we have always won IMHO.
Jase (SU)

Postby Christies Child » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:40 am

Jase (SU) wrote:I know you have been beaten again but there seems some very um-Morecambe like comments on SV today :oops:

My thoughts on the day

Was in the Crown from 12 ish expected some pre game pre derby day singing. I was very disappointed. For anyone who has seen us in the York, we usually start the banter as soon as the doors open. The away crowd was surprisingly quiet despite mfc :) saying the pub would be bouncing.

The Ultras put on a show or display before the game. It takes money, time & effort whatever you think of it. It hopefully inspires the players, Watch the TV footage, your end looks like any other in the football league. Bland, drab, uninspiring. Ours looks like something from the Serie C or Liverpools Kop. The comments about flags make me laugh from Morecambe as one of the biggest cheers at your play off game was our big flags on the North Stand.

Singing wise like Macca said, you have enough voices & for the first half it was even stevens. But despite us being behind twice, we won the day through sheer effort & the Ultras kept the chants going & going. We were in the ground long after you have gone celebrating with the players & making sure Mullin knows we love him.

All in all though, a good day. The football is a bye product. Jimmy Bell was buzzing in the Crown, Coley had to disappear but saw him in the club house after & he was made up. He ain't going nowhere lads BTW, we are one of the richest clubs in the country being debt free. He never applied for the Tranmere job when it was available.

Although I think a few chairman will like a guy who can work on a shoe string

See you in the play offs

Rags to riches? I don't think so!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Jase (SU) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:42 am

Stanley Ultras & Clayton End (Open air free as a bird)>>>>

Jase (SU)

Postby maccawozzagod » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 am

steve mfc wrote: Morecambe fans feel every bit as proud and passionate about their side as any accy fan, if you had been at places like Hereford away in the play offs Preston, Wolves, Sheffield utd, to name but a few then you would know what i mean.

sorry Steve, I didn't intend it to be condescending just an observation.

Every club in the land has fans just as passionate and proud as you or I and we felt it at QPR, Watford, Wolves, Oldham etc. Sorry though we couldn't manage the play-offs - we took the less scenic route and won the league instead!
maccawozzagod

Postby slackAlice » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:54 am

Jase [SU]
I know you have been beaten again but there seems some very um-Morecambe like comments on SV today

I'd take no notice mate its either 'sour grapes' , disingenuous or possibly envy . It's me and my lads favourite away day by far, its everything 'football supporters / supporting' should be ..colourful , noisy , fun ... it looks good & sounds good.
I wouldn't mind betting some of your 'bigger' neighbours would welcome you through their turnstiles with open arms - Blackburnt , Wigan et al. It's perhaps not original ..but what is in football supporting ???? its certainly a darn site better than some of the 'morgues' that pass as Premiership grounds/crowds/home ends. No .. considering your numbers its a fantastic effort and take my word for it , its impressive.
I've had to promise my lad [aged 9] a run through sometime to sample things in your end and like they say if you can get the young uns interested your doing something right .. thats the future.
slackAlice

Postby Jase (SU) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:07 pm

Cheers pal, you'll be made very welcome.

I am not fishing for compliments, you jusy don't expect ridicule for making an effort. The kids & youngsters are hooked, and if we get em young enough then they don't go Rovers/Burnley. This year , was the first time I have been sledging on the coppice & seen more stanley hats & scarf than other clubs incl the big uns.
Jase (SU)

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:18 pm

Your support is great you don't have many fans but the ones you do have get behind the team so credit goes to your fans for that. The problem with Morecambe is we have a low fan base and the people of Morecambe are more interested of supporting bigger clubs that watching their local team also our ficcle supporters you bad result and attendances start to fall and people start to moan. if only people would give the team a bit more support maybe when we move to the new ground it will be better. Anyway good luck for the rest of the season and we will see you in may :D
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:08 pm

Re the noise, could hear you lot all the way through, made sure I missed the flags (I hate them).

Yo lot are always noisy and it contributes to atmosphere without doubt.

You probably seen on this message board when you've been passing through in the past our own fans slagging off the younger lads/lasses because they sing "other teams" songs.
This puts people off from singing in the first place.
In my opinion it's easier to get the kids singing familiar songs moving on, in time, to original songs, but that won't happen. :(

Well done, had a great day out (don't let the football spoil your day) :D
The winning goal was a peach.
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion