John Coleman's post match interview

John Coleman's post match interview

Postby Christies Child » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:23 pm

Anybody who listened to JC's post match interview on Radio Lancashire with Quinny can't have failed to hear him appear far from his usual bubbly self.

I still feel that he'd relish the prospect of taken over at the 'new' ****** Stadium some time in the future.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: John Coleman's post match interview

Postby Aspers » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:56 am

Now CC. I cannot listen to anything unsanctioned by the BBC.
I need you to transcript all interviews you deem worthy and post them here.
8-)
Aspers

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:38 am

Christies Child wrote:Anybody who listened to JC's post match interview on Radio Lancashire with Quinny can't have failed to hear him appear far from his usual bubbly self.

I still feel that he'd relish the prospect of taken over at the 'new' ****** Stadium some time in the future.

The poor guy was probably totally knackered from all his histrionics on the touchline to be his usual bubbly self. Bloody Hell Coley slow down or you'll have a heart attack.

But seriously how does he do it??? He takes other teams cast offs and loan players (because he has to) and moulds them into bloody good teams. Not just once, but time and time again at all the levels they have progressed through. Imagine if he had money to spend!

It is now becoming one of lifes great mysteries to me why a team of higher standing somewhere has not given him a chance. He is still young and a potentially great manager just waiting to be plucked from obscurity.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:03 am

The rate they are going Accy could be the team of a higher standard :o

If they win their games in hand they are looking at the automatic spots.

I just put it down to very good man management every player he has always seems to want to run through brick walls for him and he seems to get the most and more out of them.

I suppose it's because he is not at a fashionable club he hasn't been noticed when teams like Tranmere were looking for a new manager I am supprised they didn't go for him.

Bradford are looking for a new manager
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:52 am

P/T Indie wrote:The rate they are going Accy could be the team of a higher standard :o

If they win their games in hand they are looking at the automatic spots.

I just put it down to very good man management every player he has always seems to want to run through brick walls for him and he seems to get the most and more out of them.

I suppose it's because he is not at a fashionable club he hasn't been noticed when teams like Tranmere were looking for a new manager I am supprised they didn't go for him.

Bradford are looking for a new manager

I appreciate that Accrington are going well but by 'team of higher standing' I meant somewhere with a decent infrastructure, not with a ramshackle ground and low fanbase.

I don't think Mcall has left Bratfud just yet. He's having a 'meeting' with their chairman Mark Lawn on Monday morning. I can imagine it being rather delicate! If Mccall is sacked it's a big pay off for Bradford to get rid, bearing in mind it will probably have to include his assistants Weatherall and Jacobs. Thats probably money they don't have!

I also can't imagine them walking without a decent settlement being offered, so watch that space.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby maccawozzagod » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:18 am

Coley is the longest standing boss in professional football after Ferguson and Wenger, he has brought us from the Unibond 1st division to the top end of League 2 - I couldn't imagine Coley leaving us without it being a massive move. For him looking at the club must be like a parent watching a child grow up, one that he has moulded and nurtured into what it is now. Now that we have Ilyas Khan and his money and acumen on board the club will start to move forward off the pitch. What kind of a job offer would it take for Sir Coleman to move? Bradford may be a massive club but have they got anything more to offer him that either of our clubs? Would the emotional pull of returning to his 'spiritual home' of Morecambe be enough? Personally no, I dont think so. It wold take a huge job at the right end of the Championship for him to want to move on. Preston or Blackpool would interest him, but I couldn't see him moving anywhere in the same league. He still sees Accrington as unfinished business and is adamant that he can take our ramshackle ground and low fanbase into League 1.
maccawozzagod

Postby Jase (SU) » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:36 am

Remember how quickly Mark Cooper went from in work at Kettering to big club then dole

Coley has a job for life here, he writes his own rules & now we have a little money & a lot of business acumen behind us; I would say he has never had it better.

You should hear how Illyas talks about them......
Jase (SU)

Postby Keith » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:02 pm

I was amazed you turned down Ilias in the first place. Now you've got one of the richest men in football behind you but who is likely to build you as Peter McGuigan has rather than 'just' throw money at a short, unstable future (Darlington et-al).

Some people think that Coley's heart lies in Morecambe because of the time he spent here as a player but assume he hasn't developed an attachment to Accrington after all the years there. Has he been at Acci longer than he was a player with us yet?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby maccawozzagod » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:40 pm

10 years at Accy, he was at Morecambe around 4/5 years wasn't he?
maccawozzagod

Postby marky No.1 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:51 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:10 years at Accy, he was at Morecambe around 4/5 years wasn't he?

6/7 ;)
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Return to General Discussion