Morecambe Player-Subscription Cancelled

Morecambe Player-Subscription Cancelled

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:38 pm

That's it, I've had enough. I actually find the problems that Player constantly have winds me up and p***es me off too much. Player's customer service is non-existent, when I complained to them in the past I was sent details explaining how to log on! They (not at the club, Sean or Lance) clearly didn't even bother reading the e-mail.

If this was a free service, then fair enough, but it is paid for and is run by a commercial enterprise.

Sean, I'm happy for you to forward my e-mail address to anyone at Player if they want to contact me directly.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Morecambe Player-Subscription Cancelled

Postby Brian C » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:41 pm

Likewise, me as well Sean.

Sorry, but just not good enough for a sevice I pay for.
Brian C

Postby cultured » Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:48 pm

me too.
cultured

Postby parkyboy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:41 pm

Me to i got 20mins 1st half and nothing 2nd half not good enough for money paid
parkyboy

Postby USA Shrimp » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:23 pm

I couldn't even get signed up. Different error messages each time and I never got a 'real' (i.e. not just an automated 'we got your email' response) response when I sent a message to them. Therefore I couldn't be bothered going through all the extra work it apparently required to get signed up.

It's a real shame because it (Player) was something we have all been crying out for. Why is it so difficult to get the infrastructure right?

I really feel sorry for Ockers / Lance / all the other folk who work selflessly and put in a huge commitment and are the public face of player (yes, Ockers does have a face for radio! 8-) ) because I am sure they feel a responsibility that apparently the parent company does not but they (Ockers et al) have little or no control.
USA Shrimp

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:27 pm

Keith wrote:That's it, I've had enough. I actually find the problems that Player constantly have winds me up and p***es me off too much. Player's customer service is non-existent, when I complained to them in the past I was sent details explaining how to log on! They (not at the club, Sean or Lance) clearly didn't even bother reading the e-mail.

If this was a free service, then fair enough, but it is paid for and is run by a commercial enterprise.

Sean, I'm happy for you to forward my e-mail address to anyone at Player if they want to contact me directly.

Agreed!!!

I have cancelled my subscription now!! I'd rather have my £4 in my pocket each month and would rather buy an extra pint when at home games!
thegentlegiant

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:01 pm

We've had 3 attempts to get something sorted - 3 new passwords - still nada. Each time they tell us things have been sorted and they needed to change the password, but the new password never works. We found that re-registering to 'morecambefc' fixed it on the day, but not afterwards when we tried to log-in and view highlights.

It is hugely frustating, if we didn't go to a fair few away games it would drive us nuts. At least we can get Radio Lancs up here so that often takes the place of Player, along with good goal updates from Sky.
Caged Lion

Postby parkyboy » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:05 pm

Had 2nd thoughts and not cancelling subsciption , as i cannot get to many matches but enjoy the commentaries from sean and lance and others when involved i have decided to stay put and hope the problem is sorted out once and for all cheers
parkyboy

Postby Keith » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:33 pm

Yet more problems this week. I'd paid this month's subscription the day before I cancelled...

Sent an e-mail of complaint...

Hi,

Yet again (second week on the trot) Player failed to deliver commentary due to 'technical' issues. As I type, it's gone off again. I cancelled my subscription last week, as have a fewother Morecambe fans. I'd paid for this month the day before, so I've got another couple of games to go, that will no doubt frustrate me further.

I contacted you at the start of the season when you had a lot of problems but got a daft response from someone who clearly didn't read my e-mail (they sent me instructions regarding how to sign up rather than apologies for the service failure).

So, if you have any intention of providing good customer support, I would expect something from you. I would also suggest that you visit www.shrimpsvoices.co.uk and try to build some public relations.

Good idea, shame it is more frustration than it is worth.

Kind regards, Keith

The form response said...

Thank you, your e-mail has been forwarded to Morecambe Football Club

By the way, as well as missing the goal, it is off again. Lance managed "well as you join us again, we've got a corner in the 73rd minute" before it was gone again...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby cultured » Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:37 pm

And to pour salt into the wound, every other coverage is working other than ours.
cultured

Return to General Discussion