The turnstile to hell

The turnstile to hell

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Just a reminder folks. Unless you want to miss the first 20 mins of the game don't turn up late. Going to Stanley is like some sort of retro NW Counties experience with one entry for all away fans manned by a geriatric who takes for ever to count out your change. He is a friendly chap who will happily discuss your complaints about the rip off entrance prices / the weather / the state of the nation etc' etc'. Basically he doesn't give a toss about the other few hundred stood behind you.

BE WARNED! All must pass through this gate. The gate of Doom!
Burnley Shrimp

Re: The turnstile to hell

Postby Posh » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:36 pm

The worst I remember was that they'd run out of lager in The Crown; wandered down and went past a bloke who stood for an extreme fascist party in a by-election in Heysham who thought the BNP were left wing selling Accy, nationalist, racist and Nazi memorabilia (words exchanged); car park flooded everyone with wet feet; queue very long into lakes with 10 min wait; two mins to kick off and they'd sold out of anything resembling edible food; went to bog and no lights, pipe burst, pish everywhere; and then a bloody awful game under the open heavens.

Roy Hodgson was right. Dreadful, dreadful place.

P.S. I'm on the lash in Manchester tomorrow celebrating a friend's engagement so we'll probably stuff 'em 5-0 and they'll have lobster and chips for 50p in their hut.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:41 am

There is an anouther option to avoid the dreaded turnstile, is to go in their main stand were you can have a beer in their clubhouse. You may even miss the lake in the carpark. I will be leaving my yak there for anyone who gets into difficulty crossing, always the the thoughtfull one ;)
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Jase (SU) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:52 am

Posh wrote:P.S. I'm on the lash in Manchester tomorrow celebrating a friend's engagement so we'll probably stuff 'em 5-0 and they'll have lobster and chips for 50p in their hut.

Moan moan moan, & you're not comin? Part timer......... :mrgreen:

Posts from Morecambe fans giving it the big un about Stadiums & facilities ;) 8-)

:oops:

Remember where you've come from god damn it!!!!!!
:D
Jase (SU)

Postby Freez » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:11 am

Didn't Chris Rea sing about that?

I think the fact that Coley seems to have the voodoo on our team when we come to your place that irritates most Jase. So we complain about the other things as a way of exorcising our demons!

Possibly!

I shall stick to the traditional "nowt down for us", today.

I am sincerely hoping I'm wrong. Usually am.

:shock:
Frisnit Frisnit!!
Freez

Postby Jase (SU) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:22 am

if i were a Morecambe fan I would be sick to the back teeth of seeing Stanley Ultras wheel out the PRIDE OF LANCS banner as the game draws to a close....

The trend must change one day, hopefully 2015 ish :)

Coleman is some guy, even when we were in the depths of despair in Oct, Coleman never moaned & didn't even apply for the Tranmere job.... Although knowing how quick Mark Cooper joined the 3 mill unemployed I can maybe see why
Jase (SU)

Postby Mark S » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:08 am

Freez wrote:Didn't Chris Rea sing about that?

I think the fact that Coley seems to have the voodoo on our team when we come to your place that irritates most Jase. So we complain about the other things as a way of exorcising our demons!

Possibly!

I shall stick to the traditional "nowt down for us", today.

I am sincerely hoping I'm wrong. Usually am.

:shock:

I can support and endorse Mr F's comment above. He usually is! :lol:

2 -1 to us. You have got to hope havent you? Bloody Hoo-doo side!
Mark S

Postby Bare bum » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:43 am

Still the turnstile from hell though!

Queuing for the Accy / Darlo game (to contribute to the SOS fund), at 3 minutes to kick off, a "supervisor" from a raised potacabin, shouted to the said turnstile operator to get piles of change ready. Brilliant idea, I shouted back. Accrington, town of creativity and innovation. ;)
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Return to General Discussion