new club crest choice process.

new club crest choice process.

Postby Heysham_red » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:00 pm

First sorry for the long topic heading but I cant stand it when topics titles are basically nothing to do with the topic and seem to be more aimed at getting hits!!

I read on the visitors website that along with the stadium name the new club crest would also be unveiled on Tuesday. Although I'm, like many others, very excited about this I also feel a little apprehensive and disappointed for a couple of reason.

Apprehensive because, in theory, this crest should be around for the rest of my life and i want it to truly reflect the football club and should be something we are all proud off. But it might not be to my or other fans taste! which in some respects leads to my disappointment...

Why did the club not offer some kind of fans votes on a number of designs that would have been put forward to them? surely this would have been a win win situation for the club, as we all know not everyone will like it but if they know the majority of the fans do then its something that i could deal with should my choice for example not been chosen. maybe there could have been a voting panel, (which there may have been anyway) where the fans were given 1 vote and members of the board votes each and these could have been counted. This way it would look like the club were involving us in the design process.

I mean this could have help taken the burden of the fact that we wont have a say on the stadium name as we all know that a sponsors name is going to be heavy involved. As much as none us really want that most of us can see the financial benefit to this. I personally see this as an opportunity missed and would like to know what others think!
Heysham_red

Re: new club crest choice process.

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:13 pm

Heysham_red wrote:Why did the club not offer some kind of fans votes on a number of designs that would have been put forward to them? surely this would have been a win win situation for the club

To be fair the Club did ask for fans input 2 months ago:

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 15,00.html

I for one put forward one or 2 ideas that I would like to see and will find out on Tuesday if they took notice! :lol:
You could never expect any business to do something so important from a voting situation but they did welcome input and if 1500 people individually wrote to Rod with exactly the same idea then I'm fairly confident that it will have been taken into serious consideration. However somehow I feel only a few fans will have bothered and will take their opportunity to "moan" about it afterwards!

As to the Stadium name. Now let me see ~

Fans choice Highbury ~ income to the Club = Nil

Sponsors choice The Emirates ~ income to the Club £10M :roll: :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby bigreddog » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:25 pm

The naming and shirt sponsorship for 15 years netted Arsenal a whopping £100m

not bad money if you can get it.

whomever is our new partner for the stadium I'm sure their support will be most welcome, both financially and any other partnerships that come of it.
Fans' Club Morecambe

join the facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/home.php?sk=group_183535545003563&id=193325224024595&notif_t=like
Updated, interactive, snazzy website coming soon...
bigreddog

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:29 pm

Not bothered what the logo is as long as it represents Morecambe Football Club or has something to do with the town I have liked most other clubs designs when they have updated their logos so I hope I will like ours. It could also boost shirt and other pruduct sales as well as people will want to buy new stuff with our new club badge.
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:07 pm

Heysham_red wrote:First sorry for the long topic heading but I cant stand it when topics titles are basically nothing to do with the topic and seem to be more aimed at getting hits!!

Me too! I also hate links to 'news stories' without telling people what the story is about! The times I've clicked on a link only to find it is something I wouldn't bother reading if I'd known what it was going to be about... :evil:

Heysham_red wrote:Apprehensive because, in theory, this crest should be around for the rest of my life

Well, perhaps, maybe even the plan, but this will be the third (?) logo in the time I've been supporting Morecambe. I hope we like it enough to want to 'own' it.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Dragofly » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:34 pm

I thought it was all agreed
Attachments
New badge.jpg
New badge.jpg (4.48 KiB) Viewed 654 times
Dragofly

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:05 pm

preferred the local plate design you created, this thing looks a bit rude, can i order a set of coasters in the plate design :?:

looking at it closely though, no mention of tescos, so no good.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Return to General Discussion