Bournemouth by Train

Bournemouth by Train

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:21 am

Hi fellow sv's,

i am struggling to find a cheap train ticket for the weekend 5th march to 7th march, if there are any clever people out there who know good cheap prices could you please help me out?

ps cheapest I have found was £107 per person

Thanks in advance

Sam
thegentlegiant

Re: Bournemouth by Train

Postby marky » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:45 am

Try splitting yout tickets at Birmingham...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:33 pm

there is a slight saving, any other routes? cheers
thegentlegiant

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:46 pm

Get train early like 5am to London then wait a hour and you will get cheap tickets that way i do this whenever i visit family in Colchester
darrenlock

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Trainline.com

London liverpool street to Bournemouth reutn £15.00 i got

http://www.thetrainline.com/buytickets/ ... =TimeTable

You have to ring up provider u got many offer from £10- to £17 return only from Bournemouth to london.

You can get Lancaster to London for £40.00 if u want to stop at Birmingham return its a long wait but train are they and im consdering going Bournemouth on Friday night before game and going home after match im not sure how much Bob would charge for bus so im double checking and helping you out:D
darrenlock

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Lads its £24 return same day reutn first train leaving a 5:40 getting in Bournemouth at 11 then return back at Lancaster at 11:30.
Good deal hope thats fair offer im waiting to hear what Bob Fleetword prices would be
darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:24 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:there is a slight saving, any other routes? cheers

Sam you need to get into Hodgie frame of mind if you want to use the trains cheaply and it will also save you in hotel expenses!

Get on the 05.35 to Birmingham on the Friday for £15. Camp out there for a few hours and get an £18 trip to Watford. Share a few cans then travel overnight to Bournemouth for £10.

On your return journey get the 19.45 after the game to Birmingham and camp there till 08.45 when you will have time to connect on the bus at Preston for just £19.50.

A total of £62.50, meeting a few new friends on the way and you will have saved yourself £160 by not going to your posh hotel! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Good idea anybody going on the same day to Bournemouth if so its £42 return if u leave at 5.30 in morning?
darrenlock

Postby thegentlegiant » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:05 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
thegentlegiant wrote:there is a slight saving, any other routes? cheers

Sam you need to get into Hodgie frame of mind if you want to use the trains cheaply and it will also save you in hotel expenses!

Get on the 05.35 to Birmingham on the Friday for £15. Camp out there for a few hours and get an £18 trip to Watford. Share a few cans then travel overnight to Bournemouth for £10.

On your return journey get the 19.45 after the game to Birmingham and camp there till 08.45 when you will have time to connect on the bus at Preston for just £19.50.

A total of £62.50, meeting a few new friends on the way and you will have saved yourself £160 by not going to your posh hotel! :lol:

Catching up with mates while there so thats why stopping plus its my birthday on Sat and dont want to be pissing about on trains :lol:

I think i have got it down to £80 so far!!
thegentlegiant

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:54 pm

could be a good day this thinking of going
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:01 pm

Well if your prepared to wait train tickets wont be to expensive been checking if u leave at 5 in morning go to birmingham/london then too woking then up to bournemouth.
I got £42 all in return its a long time on train about 7-8 hours included waiting but it be worth it im sure.
Well site says if u leave at 5.15 you'll get at Bournemouth at 1;15 and get back in Lancaster at 11;42.
darrenlock

Postby Plain Peter » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:37 am

darrenlock wrote:I got £42 all in return its a long time on train about 7-8 hours included waiting but it be worth it im sure.

A long time on the train!
Here's part of my 5 weeks of masochism just about to kick-off.

http://www.seat61.com/Burma.htm#Yangon%20(Rangoon)%20-%20Mandalay
Plain Peter

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:54 pm

darrenlock wrote:Well if your prepared to wait train tickets wont be to expensive been checking if u leave at 5 in morning go to birmingham/london then too woking then up to bournemouth.
I got £42 all in return its a long time on train about 7-8 hours included waiting but it be worth it im sure.
Well site says if u leave at 5.15 you'll get at Bournemouth at 1;15 and get back in Lancaster at 11;42.

What you are not making clear is there's an overnight wait in Birmingham and that the return of 11:42 is just that and not 23:42.
As in get back lunchtime the following day :o

I would have been up for that trip had it arrived back the same day!!
As it is, I'm torn between doing a return trip, on the day, in the car or staying over one night returning early Sunday.
I drove to Torquay and back in a day and got back before the traditional closing time. ;)
morecambe mick

Postby darrenlock » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:46 pm

Well i didn;t realsie surly on way back you get train to london and you'll get they maybe 9ish then direct train home straight to Preston that's is what i was thinking oh well.

If your driving i can hide in the boot and give u petrol cash
darrenlock

Postby John L » Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:10 am

darrenlock wrote:Well i didn;t realsie surly on way back you get train to london and you'll get they maybe 9ish then direct train home straight to Preston that's is what i was thinking oh well.

Check your times! The latest train back from Euston during the week is 20:30, and on a Saturday it's a good hour or two earlier, so anyone going by train will have to book an overnight stay!
John L

Postby Keith » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:59 am

The Gentlegiant originally asked the question BECAUSE he was staying overnight! (Birthday weekend as I recall?)
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby thegentlegiant » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:14 am

Keith wrote:The Gentlegiant originally asked the question BECAUSE he was staying overnight! (Birthday weekend as I recall?)

I gave up a few days ago Keith :lol: sometimes I think people read the title and that's it 8-)
thegentlegiant

Return to General Discussion