Do you think well be On on Saturday at Accrington?

Do you think well be On on Saturday at Accrington?

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:17 pm

Does anybody think Our Game will be On at Accrington on Saturday?.There Home game vs Barnet at the Crown Ground was called off last night due to a waterlogged Pitch
northstandshrimp2009

Re: Do you think well be On on Saturday at Accrington?

Postby steve mfc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:15 pm

Snow due for today but not as much as was originally forecast and heavy rain on Friday, the problem is at the moment it doesn't seem to take a great deal of rain for their pitch to water log, Saturday looks like being the best day this week so fingers crossed.
steve mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:16 pm

As I post I am looking out of the window watching heavy snow falling (which is sticking).I am only a couple of miles from the Crown ground. The only bright spot is that it's due to rain the next couyple of days then be fair on Saturday. I guess the snow will have gone but we might need webbed feet.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:As I post I am looking out of the window watching heavy snow falling (which is sticking).I am only a couple of miles from the Crown ground. The only bright spot is that it's due to rain the next couyple of days then be fair on Saturday. I guess the snow will have gone but we might need webbed feet.

Snowing in Morecambe as well, sticking but easing off as i type.
steve mfc

Postby Weetabix Kid » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:48 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote: I guess the snow will have gone but we might need webbed feet.

The Accy fans will be ok then :lol:
Weetabix Kid

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:17 pm

Weetabix Kid wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote: I guess the snow will have gone but we might need webbed feet.

The Accy fans will be ok then :lol:

Webbed Feet/Banana. Banana/Webbed Feet. Very difficult!

Seriously though my lads school played an under11's match on a public undrained pitch in Blackburn yesterday afternoon so how has Accys pitch got into such a state to have a match called off the same evening ???? I know that it was a swamp some years ago but I thought they'd sorted it. Obviously not.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby maccawozzagod » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:05 pm

to be fair there is a big difference between a bunch of kids running up and down a muddy field and professional footballers careering up and down at full belt. The Barnet decision would have been taken bearing in mind the distance they had to travel and with a severe frost forecast for later on (whilst it was still raining heavily).

It is more than likely that the Morecambe game will be on but you will have travelled before it is called off as it would be given every chance to clear up first.

The big problem with our pitch is that back in the seventies when we acquired the lease for The Crown Ground it would never have been envisaged that League Football would one day be played on it. It was formerly a wasteground on a clay pit hence why drainage is an issue. Hundreds of thousands have been spent on it over the years and it has gradually got better, but I believe that the wedged up Ilyas Khan is due to spend a cart load of brass on it this summer in a bid to finally sort it out.

Safe journey over Shrimps, but dont come expecting any points!!!
maccawozzagod

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:15 pm

maccawozzagod wrote:to be fair there is a big difference between a bunch of kids running up and down a muddy field and professional footballers careering up and down at full belt. The Barnet decision would have been taken bearing in mind the distance they had to travel and with a severe frost forecast for later on (whilst it was still raining heavily).

It is more than likely that the Morecambe game will be on but you will have travelled before it is called off as it would be given every chance to clear up first.

The big problem with our pitch is that back in the seventies when we acquired the lease for The Crown Ground it would never have been envisaged that League Football would one day be played on it. It was formerly a wasteground on a clay pit hence why drainage is an issue. Hundreds of thousands have been spent on it over the years and it has gradually got better, but I believe that the wedged up Ilyas Khan is due to spend a cart load of brass on it this summer in a bid to finally sort it out.

Safe journey over Shrimps, but dont come expecting any points!!!

The journey to Accrington has for the majority now become a form of masochistic pilgrimage where we expect to suffer and leave empty handed. The majority prefer to view it as a chance to enjoy your hospitality and copious amounts of alcoholic beverage, the game itself being a mere irrelevance. Only in this way is it possible for a Shrimp to derive any sort of pleasure from this fixture. :cry:
Burnley Shrimp

Postby maccawozzagod » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:10 pm

funny that, it's one of our favourites! we know we'll come crashing down to you sometime so its always a tense affair, but for the moment we quite like 'em!
maccawozzagod

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:48 pm

Looks a bit moist and Sammy is getting a bit p****d off with it all

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sp ... n_Stanley/
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:35 pm

could cost them a play off spot if they have many more games called off
heysham_mfc

Postby bill ding » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:33 am

Well its raining again (well spitting a bit).Am about 10 miles from Caccrington and its just damping so i guess the crown ground must be a complete swamp.
Hope our lads can find studded waders ready for tomorrow ;)
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Been dry here all day, the snow has melted, their pitch should be like a little Wembley! ;) That should suit us!!

COME ON YOU REDS!

At some stage we have to beat this lot.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby Stanley Bowles » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:15 am

Watch that left wing in the corner its a right swamp former players have disapeared there and never been seen again . :lol:
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby Jase (SU) » Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:24 am

Stanley Bowles wrote:Watch that left wing in the corner its a right swamp former players have disapeared there and never been seen again . :lol:

Usually its Twiss who comes out for the game & magically disappears :P
Jase (SU)

Return to General Discussion