New floodlights

New floodlights

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:26 pm

The elevation diagrams suggest that the floodlight columns will be placed in each corner. Looking at the area between the Community Block and the Away Stand, there appears little room in which to place a column. This would suggest therefore that a smaller column in this area will be placed on the roof of the Community Block. Anybody know if this is correct?

Take a look at the Aerial photos AND the Site Plan and you will see what I mean.

Mind you, an appointment at Specsavers has been made..... :oops: :oops: :oops:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: New floodlights

Postby Wild Bill » Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:55 pm

I am curious too to know what floodlights we will end-up with. I have always been a fan of the traditional large clusters in each corner, which can be seen from far away. Helped me find many a ground over the years! Hopefully no pylons will obstruct people's view of the game! :?
Wild Bill

Postby taz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:05 pm

The commitee report to the council states there will be four lighting columns in each corner of the the stadium and each will be 26 metres high.
taz

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:15 pm

Whats happening to the current lighting at Christie Park. It has a fairly high Lux rating so it would be ideal be re-installed at Westgate to light the training pitches, or maybe sold on. Apparently Garstang are looking to progress from the West Lancs to the North West Counties so would need lights.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby taz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:35 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:Whats happening to the current lighting at Christie Park. It has a fairly high Lux rating so it would be ideal be re-installed at Westgate to light the training pitches, or maybe sold on. Apparently Garstang are looking to progress from the West Lancs to the North West Counties so would need lights.

Not sure about the old lights at christie but the training pitch will have four pylons at 19 metres and the other pitches pylons at 16 metres. I believe the floodlghting is being supplied by a company called Musco.
taz

Postby shrimper » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 pm

taz wrote:
Burnley Shrimp wrote:Whats happening to the current lighting at Christie Park. It has a fairly high Lux rating so it would be ideal be re-installed at Westgate to light the training pitches, or maybe sold on. Apparently Garstang are looking to progress from the West Lancs to the North West Counties so would need lights.

Not sure about the old lights at christie but the training pitch will have four pylons at 19 metres and the other pitches pylons at 16 metres. I believe the floodlghting is being supplied by a company called Musco.

If so, they seem to use quite narrow columns, capable of being fitted into tight gaps.

http://www.musco.eu/projshow/show_case.php?id=internationalsoccer
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby taz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:36 pm

All information can be viewed on the Lancaster City Council website under planning applications ref 09/01035/ful
taz

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:42 pm

Good call that, I'm sure I've seen examples (photo's) of the lighting to be used, attached to the plans. Appendix A I believe. ;)
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:18 pm

taz wrote:All information can be viewed on the Lancaster City Council website under planning applications ref 09/01035/ful

Cheers Taz......found the info about the floodlights and their positioning.

Looking good!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby taz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:41 pm

Christies Child wrote:
taz wrote:All information can be viewed on the Lancaster City Council website under planning applications ref 09/01035/ful

Looking good!
No problem cc.Keep us all up to date with all the work at the site,i find your updates most informative.The planning committee meet on the 8th of February where the resubmitted plans will be on the agenda.This will be a very important and historic week for the shrimps.Also on the agenda at planning that week are the resubmitted plans by urban splash for the development near the midland.
taz

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:41 pm

taz wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Looking good!
No problem cc.Keep us all up to date with all the work at the site,i find your updates most informative.The planning committee meet on the 8th of February where the resubmitted plans will be on the agenda.This will be a very important and historic week for the shrimps.Also on the agenda at planning that week are the resubmitted plans by urban splash for the development near the midland.

I am struggling to open any of them on my pc.

What is there of interest on the re-submitted plans ?

thanks
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby taz » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:31 pm

The stadium has been downsized.The mainstand is not as deep and the west stand is now smaller matching the east stand.The north stand is now an open terrace and the community block is larger.The tennis courts have been replaced with netball courts and two of the stadium quadrants have have been left out for the time being.The hotel and retail elements have also been put on hold for the time being.Because of these slight changes the plans have to be resubmitted.The stadium is built with expansion in mind in that the home and away stands can be converted to seated stands and the quadrants filled in.Also if you look at the north terrace a stand could easily be built at a later stage.
taz

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:35 pm

Try reading this.

http://www.morecambestadium.co.uk/image ... -07-08.pdf

The images are page 13 onwards.

I'm surprised at you Neil that you hadn't already disected this information :!: :!:

:lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Return to General Discussion