To Get Bums On Seats Pay What You Want On Saturday

To Get Bums On Seats Pay What You Want On Saturday

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:19 pm

At Mansfield that is. Will be interesting to see what crowd they get :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 492556.stm

Wonder if the Season Ticket Holders will get a "refund" ?
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Re: To Get Bums On Seats Pay What You Want On Saturday

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:31 pm

I've heard about this and i fell it is a good idea because many smaller teams need the extra money just to surivive during this hard period in football in general.
I think if it get more bums on seats well done Mansfield and i hope other clubs copy this idea just for extra atmosphere in matches and extra income which is key.
And also Mansfield are in the play-offs and only 9points of top spot never know clubs at the top could slip up. Morecambe chairman if your reading do this at Morecambe it will get bigget attendances surly better than average of 1700
darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:46 pm

darrenlock wrote: a good idea because many smaller teams need the extra money just to surivive during this hard period in football in general.
Morecambe chairman if your reading do this at Morecambe it will get bigget attendances surly better than average of 1700

I for one would hope we would'nt do it and this has been discussed before. The 1500 or so fans every week in theory (less concessions and kids prices/freebies etc) pay 1500 x say £14 = £21000 in the coffers.

If the gate increased to even 5000, which would be very unlikely, you would have probably 5000 donating £1 or £2 each for a laugh (some even less) giving us a total intake of less than half if not a quarter of what we would have got! Whats more it would upset the prepaid season ticket holders.

Our boss is an astute person and I am sure he would never dream of such a scheme 8-)
marky No.1

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Good point Mark Morecambe have a new stadium lined up with 6,000 size all im saying is Morecambe should reduce ticket prices for next season to fill the stadium up and lets be the 12th man .
Well with Morecambe average attendance of 1500-1800 that go surly that is brillant but how do you get extra fans in gotta be a brillant off PLEASE for season ticket next yeat considering its League2 football it looks like.
darrenlock

Postby marky No.1 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:27 pm

I've got a headache now, can you type in Egyptian instead please
marky No.1

Postby darrenlock » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:31 pm

Good point.

I believe that Morecambe i hope reduce ticket prices for next season to get extra fans into the new stadium i know other football teams do cheap season ticket prices and i really hope Morecambe can do season ticket prices for less than £200 for next season.

I think what Mansfield are doing is a good idea because it will give them a extra income more local fans that long term could take a interest in Mansfield Town and with them on a promotion push it will help im sure with away teams going to the ground.

Sorry egyptian writing damm that take me a while to learn that language.
darrenlock

Postby forces shrimp » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:47 pm

When i was doing abit of research on jordan connerton i was flicking through the city web site and they were harping on about that local folk have season tickets for bigger clubs round the north west. So there idea was that if you bring your season ticket with you to giant axe when your team is away from home and you can not attend due to price, timing or distance you can get in to watch lancaster for half price. now if we were to do some thing along those lines we could get a few extra hundreds through the gates and some extra cash. Not a bad idea at all i thought
forces shrimp

Postby campdave » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:05 pm

darrenlock wrote:Good point Mark Morecambe have a new stadium lined up with 6,000 size all im saying is Morecambe should reduce ticket prices for next season to fill the stadium up and lets be the 12th man .

You could make it free and still not fill the stadium, as Accrington found out. Tired of the "lower the income and make more money" argument you keep trotting out.
campdave

Postby Dragofly » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:55 pm

Following Saturday’s game what about an £18 entrance fee subject to following conditions

1. A rebate of 20p per minute for any early departure or adjournment to the bar.
2. Unused minutes can be carried over towards the next match.
3. Time added on at the referee’s discretion does not count.
4. In cup matches any extra time will be charge at £6 per supporter
5. No charge shall be made for penalty shoot outs.
6. In the event of a queue to leave the ground the rebate shall be timed from the moment the supporter’s ticket is stamped and NOT WHEN THEY JOINED THE QUEUE.
Dragofly

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:09 pm

my mate micky tootle says if i give him a fiver he can teach me how to become invisible for two hours at a time, saving me the entrance fee, does anyone on here have a positive invisible story to tell, micky says he knows 189 people who attend cp foc every week for js :?: :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby mrpotatohead » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:11 pm

soz, i just realised that this would not benefit the club :oops: :oops:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby Aspers » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:51 pm

my mate micky tootle says if i give him a fiver he can teach me how to become invisible for two hours at a time, saving me the entrance fee, does anyone on here have a positive invisible story to tell, micky says he knows 189 people who attend cp foc every week for js

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I used to get in via lancy Road pitch where the bars were bendy.
Wonder what the Statute of limitations is on that crime
Aspers

Postby Martin » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:20 pm

Aspers wrote:
I used to get in via lancy Road pitch where the bars were bendy.

There is no Statute of Limitations for this heinous crime but as it carries the sentence of deportation, I hardly think it matters in this case!
Martin

Postby Posh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:35 pm

Aspers wrote:I used to get in via lancy Road pitch where the bars were bendy.

Surely in your case its Limitations of Stature?

You would struggle to squeeze through much these days. :shock:
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby steve mfc » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Northampton are offering a free weeks holiday abroad to supporters if they buy a season ticket for next season, not including flights, whatever next.
steve mfc

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:58 am

Well Mansfield got a bumper crowd of over 7000 but lost the game 2.0!!
Some Fans paid as little as 2 pence to watch and thought it was'nt worth it ! :shock:

They hav'nt decided if they were better off yet :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 502204.stm
marky No.1

Postby steve mfc » Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:17 pm

marky No.1 wrote:Well Mansfield got a bumper crowd of over 7000 but lost the game 2.0!!
Some Fans paid as little as 2 pence to watch and thought it was'nt worth it ! :shock:

They hav'nt decided if they were better off yet :roll:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 502204.stm

Even if they only break even financially then i would say it has been a success, for one thing it shows there is a sizable amount of people in Mansfield who are interested in attending games and even if only a small percentage return on a regular basis then that has to be a positive result. Though the fact that they lost 2-0 will not have helped their cause.

Personally i wouldn't have become a Morecambe supporter if my son hadn't been given a free season ticket in his last year at Morecambe Bay, so initiatives like these do work.
steve mfc

Return to General Discussion