Morecambe v Chesterfield

Morecambe v Chesterfield

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:05 pm

i cannot believe we lost....score shud have been 3-1 at the very least :x :x
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Morecambe v Chesterfield

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:07 pm

We did lose and its a big big blow - i did say we would lose narrowly today earlier in the week but never mind its only a game of football !!!!!
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby Keith » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:08 pm

so what went wrong? bad luck? just 'one of those days'?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:11 pm

Keith wrote:so what went wrong? bad luck? just 'one of those days'?

bad luck and sods law :cry:
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:17 pm

how many times as SM played Curtis on the left wing? and got the same answer everytime

when they went down to 10 i couldn't see the point in playing 4 defenders just to mark 1 forward

we could have afforded playing 3 defenders against there 10 men and put Wainwright on for Curtis and told Wilson to stay forward on the left then Wainwright over on the right

and i thought in the 1st half we played to many long balsl in the air for Jevons when he needs the ball to his quick feet

:cry:
George Dawes

Postby Morecambe Jack » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:23 pm

First half we were absolutely dreadful and the goal they scored was ridiculous and should have been dealt with easily.

Second half it was all us as they tried to hold on their 1-0 lead with 10 men but nothing would go in for us at all. Saying that I thought several players didnt perform well enough today for us.

Garry Hunter must start next week against accrington we need someone in the midfield to get stuck into the opponents.
Morecambe Jack

Postby parkyboy » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:28 pm

Why was Hunter not playing, up to being suspended he has been the engine room of the team and should have come straight back into the team, Curtis isnt good enough for div 2 and Duffy doesnt deseve his place now Wainwright is fit also Bentley should be back in next week for Artell who had a nightmare of a match
parkyboy

Postby Little Shrimp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:30 pm

We just played awful. Sammy made some really bad tactical errors. There defence was excellent, we were afraid to shoot and we panicked.
Little Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:34 pm

Little Shrimp wrote:

We just played awful. Sammy made some really bad tactical errors. There defence was excellent, we were afraid to shoot and we panicked.

Possession
Morecambe 49% Chesterfield 51% Attempts on target
Morecambe 4 Chesterfield 3 Attempts off target
Morecambe 9 Chesterfield 4 Corners
Morecambe 6 Chesterfield 1 Fouls
Morecambe 6
we were unlucky
shrimpnsave

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:38 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Little Shrimp wrote:

Possession
Morecambe 49% Chesterfield 51% Attempts on target
Morecambe 4 Chesterfield 3 Attempts off target
Morecambe 9 Chesterfield 4 Corners
Morecambe 6 Chesterfield 1 Fouls
Morecambe 6
we were unlucky

am not sure what point your making there, unless you forgot we had a extra man for most of the game and the ENTIRE 2nd half.
George Dawes

Postby Crooky MFC » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:42 pm

Whoever wrote them stats on the BBC website must have been at a different game, I'd say possession was atleast 70% to 30% in OUR favour.

We need another striker IMO :?
Crooky MFC

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:54 pm

i think we need somebody who can naturally play on the left wing with pace

instead of pushing square pieces into round holes in a jigsaw set
George Dawes

Postby james456 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:56 pm

Crooky MFC wrote:Whoever wrote them stats on the BBC website must have been at a different game, I'd say possession was atleast 70% to 30% in OUR favour.

I thought that as well when I saw the stats. But in hindsight, I think its the timewasting Chesterfield did at set pieces which is why they had such a large chunk of possession.

As for another player, the squad is big already but I'd like to see two players go out on loan and the following players come in:

1. A young, pacey striker
2. A left winger. Whatever happened to Sean Doherty who we had on trial pre-season?
james456

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:02 pm

james456 wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:Whoever wrote them stats on the BBC website must have been at a different game, I'd say possession was atleast 70% to 30% in OUR favour.

I thought that as well when I saw the stats. But in hindsight, I think its the timewasting Chesterfield did at set pieces which is why they had such a large chunk of possession.

As for another player, the squad is big already but I'd like to see two players go out on loan and the following players come in:

2. A left winger. Whatever happened to Sean Doherty who we had on trial pre-season?
shrimpnsave

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:04 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
james456 wrote:

Sligo Rovers F.C
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:04 pm

We lost a game of football for gods sake its not the end of the world
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:05 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:We lost a game of football for gods sake its not the end of the world

yes it is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:12 pm

It was purely unlucky, but also players trying to much rather than reverting to basics.

Ref had an average game for which he made some bad decisions but IMO he made wrong decisions for both teams.

This is what I would call a learning curve for the lads and hopefully we will progress on from here now!

Accy game will be tough and I think a draw is the most likely result or at least I'd settle for it, accy are high on form and looking like play-off contenders...I think there financial problems have made them a stronger unit, will be good to see us up against them and see how we play!
thegentlegiant

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:20 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:It was purely unlucky, but also players trying to much rather than reverting to basics.

Ref had an average game for which he made some bad decisions but IMO he made wrong decisions for both teams.

This is what I would call a learning curve for the lads and hopefully we will progress on from here now!

Accy game will be tough and I think a draw is the most likely result or at least I'd settle for it, accy are high on form and looking like play-off contenders...I think there financial problems have made them a stronger unit, will be good to see us up against them and see how we play!

whats it called oh yeh (law of average) and i say we will beat them 2 or 3-1
shrimpnsave

Postby Martin » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:24 pm

I can't see why a draw is the most likely result next week. Accrington seem to be beating everyone at the moment, and certainly always seem to out perform us. I agree, though that I'd settle for a draw.

I thought both sides were poor today, Chesterfield came out in the second half and more or less said score if you can. We weren't good enough to do that and too many players were below par. You can curse the luck with the shots that hit the woodwork, but Chesterfield could say the same in the first half. For me, Parrish, Twiss and Haining were the only players to come away with any real credit this afternoon.

A disappointing display to say the least.
Martin

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:34 pm

Reasons for me why we lost today

Their goalkeeper
A lack of urgency
Poor final ball
Crossing was terrible
We didn't attack what balls did arrive in the box
One touch too many in the 18yard box
Except for a couple of superb efforts that hit the bar, our shooting was almost non existant
Substitution of an ineffective front line too late
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:47 pm

Reasons for me why we lost today

our ball didnt fly into there net :lol:
shrimpnsave

Postby steve mfc » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Far too many times this and last season we start the game at a very slow pace, this sets the tone for the first half. Its only after the half time interval that we seem to get our act together and come out with the right attitude.

It happens far too often if we do that next week against Accy then the game will be over by half time, we need to hit the ground running.

Gary hunter should have played, i really don't understand why he didn't get his place back after his ban, he would be one of the first players on my team sheet.

We payed the price for the poor first half and ended up chasing the game with Chesterfield sitting back it was always going to be difficult.
steve mfc

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:41 pm

in a nutshell, we lost this game in midfield and Jevons never got any proper service with decent balls to his feet so he can turn & shoot

apart from Artell's one mistake that lead to there goal our defence where just about spot on aswell as Barry Roach

MoM was Haining and rightly so..
George Dawes

Postby Harry » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:50 pm

Today's match showed you can have all the possession and pressure in the world but it's what you do when it really matters that counts. Obviously Phil Jevons was brought in to be our main goalscorer and he didn't perform today. That extra 10% today whether it be Duffy being more clinical or Twissy running a bit faster could have made the difference IMO.
Harry

Next

Return to General Discussion