HaHa

HaHa

Postby greenshrimp » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:18 pm

greenshrimp

Re: HaHa

Postby The Marksman » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:55 pm

Hmm. Doesn't a good education actaully make a person more fit to run a country, rather than less?
The Marksman

Postby marky » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:57 pm

I'm not sure going to Eton necessarily constitutes a good education. Most royal boys go there are they are notoriously bad when it comes to academic achievements...
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby DTSJim » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Problem with Eton is that they have no experience of the real world, they just pansy about thinking the whole world has caviar for dinner and plays croquet on the weekends.

I doubt he's had ever had to face any of the financial problems which he thinks he's qualified to sort out.

They're all as bad as each other but at least Gordon Brown's not southern.
DTSJim

Postby USA Shrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:18 am

DTSJim wrote:They're all as bad as each other but at least Gordon Brown's not southern.

Nice one ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
USA Shrimp

Postby morecambe mick » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:20 am

When was the last time Labour left us in the black, and not the red?

:lol: :lol:
morecambe mick

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:51 am

Its sad that people are being so taken in by him. If people can't see Cameron and his party for what they really are they're unlikely to change their views now. I personally despise New Labour but whichever constituency I live in my vote always goes to the candidate most likely to beat the Tories. Scum.
durhamshrimp

Postby Stewie » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:02 am

my vote always goes to the candidate most likely to beat the Tories. Scum.

So you dont look at policies, individuals or anything that actually matters ?

You just vote labour `cause its not Tory Scum ? Intelligent .

As for public school educated people not making good prime ministers, I think you`ll find 19 prime ministers have been educated at Eton and countless more at other such schools. Including Churchill, Blair and Brown.
Stewie

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:07 am

Stewie wrote:

As for public school educated people not making good prime ministers, I think you`ll find 19 prime ministers have been educated at Eton and countless more at other such schools. Including Churchill, Blair and Brown.

Didn't say that, but couldn't be bothered to write an essay on why I hate the Conservative party so much. Its obviously down to policies as to why I wouldn't vote Tory. I thought it would have been implied that if the party most likely to beat them was BNP or UKIP etc. then these clowns wouldn't get my vote either.

Not really bothered by the public school issue to be honest, though as it happens I don't really rate any of the three public school educated PM's you mentioned.
durhamshrimp

Postby campdave » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:11 am

Stewie wrote:

Jobs for the boys rather than a sterling education though. It's the connections formed at such schools rather than the education that sets most of the attendees up for life.
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:20 am

durhamshrimp wrote:
Stewie wrote:

Didn't say that, but couldn't be bothered to write an essay on why I hate the Conservative party so much. Its obviously down to policies as to why I wouldn't vote Tory. I thought it would have been implied that if the party most likely to beat them was BNP or UKIP etc. then these clowns wouldn't get my vote either.

Not really bothered by the public school issue to be honest, though as it happens I don't really rate any of the three public school educated PM's you mentioned.

Had it not been for Winston Churchill people would not have had the freedom they have to hold alternative views.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby The Marksman » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 am

durhamshrimp wrote:Didn't say that, but couldn't be bothered to write an essay on why I hate the Conservative party so much. Its obviously down to policies as to why I wouldn't vote Tory.

You do realise that there is basically no difference in policy between New Labour and the Tories, don't you?

Would a Labour party of old have bailed out the banks?
The Marksman

Postby George Dawes » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:44 am

it's not so much the political party they come from with me i think there all the same, and everytime ive voted it's been based on who would be a better Leader who will come across as a better Bloke and command respect to the rest of world

like my old man use to say "would you like to be in a trench with them" well Gordon Backstabbing Brown certainly not!

i voted in the past based on that principle

Blair -> Major
Blair -> Hague? or was it Ian Duncan Smith?

and this time i might not vote at all, only maybe to get Brown out

although i like that Chris Huhne who put J Straw, N Griffin in there places on question time a bit back, id like him he seems straight talking and his ideas on border control and immigration where very firm but fair

but he's only there number 2
George Dawes

Postby Posh » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:11 pm

From a football perspective David Cameron was a Director of Carlton Television when they decided to shutdown ITV Digital and robbed clubs of millions that put many league clubs in jeopardy.

David Cameron is a millionaire through inheritance, has had everything on a plate, went to schools we would get arrest for going near and knows nothing of the day-today hardship that a majority of working (and non-working) people have to go through to meet ends meet. His only understanding comes through the life and tragic death of his disabled child. In this case no private school or private hospital could help him and he became one of us for a long period. It made him realise the value of the NHS but this has only opened the gap between him and the majority of his Tory colleagues who want to scrap the NHS, because they've never suffered in the same way.

Under the Tories this is where the power lies at the dining clubs of Eton and Oxbridge (see below)

2 is David Cameron
8 is Boris Johnson

1 is George Osborne
4 is Baron Lupus von Maltzahn - son of a billionaire banker
6 is Peter Holmes a Court - son of one of the worst raiders and destroyers of companies in the 80s
7 is Nat Rothschild - billionaire banker who Osborne used to tap a Russian oligarch for money

Do I need to go on??
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:40 pm

Possibly not as many as the Torries.....but Labour has its fair share of privately educated toffs as well.

Intestingly it's Labour who seem to want to perpetuate this class war.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:31 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Had it not been for Winston Churchill people would not have had the freedom they have to hold alternative views.

:lol: :lol: If you say so. Personally my gratitude goes to the fellas who were a bit more involved. I'm sure Churchill was very good at waddling his fat arse around the East End with a cigar in his gob and making rousing speeches about beating the Germans but I don't think we'd have lost the war without him.

He is the man whoever that once back in opposition after the war showed his true colours by being dead against the creation of the National Health Service.
durhamshrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:34 pm

while of course, Alistair Darling really slummed it at the Loretto Public School?

At almost £16,000 per year, Tony Blair received a similar education as the hoi-polloi didn't he?
http://www.thechoristerschool.com/entry ... hool/fees/

Obviously attending a Christian school helped convince him that it was okay to go on an illegal crusade in the Middle East.

I sincerely hope Labour are out on their ear for lying to take the country to war more than any other reason. They've screwed the economy and done sod all for the poor of the country and are hiding billions off the 'balance sheet' through terrible PFI's too. But the war should be a good enough reason to dump them.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby durhamshrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Posh wrote:Image

Now there is a selection of smug faces that you'd never get tired of punching.
durhamshrimp

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:43 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:He is the man whoever that once back in opposition after the war showed his true colours by being dead against the creation of the National Health Service.

With a certain degree of irony, Bliar went to war because Saddam Hussain had used poison gas on the Kurds*, while Churchill was the first to bomb the Kurds with poison gas...

*Of course, when he was using poison gas on Iranians (a war that Iraq started) we were happy enough, indeed British companies supplied the chemicals that he required.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:19 pm

durhamshrimp wrote:
Heysham_Shrimp wrote:Had it not been for Winston Churchill people would not have had the freedom they have to hold alternative views.

:lol: :lol: If you say so. Personally my gratitude goes to the fellas who were a bit more involved. I'm sure Churchill was very good at waddling his fat arse around the East End with a cigar in his gob and making rousing speeches about beating the Germans but I don't think we'd have lost the war without him.

He is the man whoever that once back in opposition after the war showed his true colours by being dead against the creation of the National Health Service.

So the man (Churchill) who was voted the outstanding man of the 20th century or Gordon Brown ( the man who sold off Britains gold reserves when the price of gold was rock bottom!) to lead Britain against the Nazi invasion.

Well I suppose Brown could have sent the Germans to sleep with one of his speeches about machro-economics !
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Curly » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:23 pm

Posh wrote:From a football perspective David Cameron was a Director of Carlton Television when they decided to shutdown ITV Digital and robbed clubs of millions that put many league clubs in jeopardy.

David Cameron is a millionaire through inheritance, has had everything on a plate, went to schools we would get arrest for going near and knows nothing of the day-today hardship that a majority of working (and non-working) people have to go through to meet ends meet. His only understanding comes through the life and tragic death of his disabled child. In this case no private school or private hospital could help him and he became one of us for a long period. It made him realise the value of the NHS but this has only opened the gap between him and the majority of his Tory colleagues who want to scrap the NHS, because they've never suffered in the same way.

Under the Tories this is where the power lies at the dining clubs of Eton and Oxbridge (see below)

2 is David Cameron
8 is Boris Johnson

1 is George Osborne
4 is Baron Lupus von Maltzahn - son of a billionaire banker
6 is Peter Holmes a Court - son of one of the worst raiders and destroyers of companies in the 80s
7 is Nat Rothschild - billionaire banker who Osborne used to tap a Russian oligarch for money

Do I need to go on??

Never knew there were so many different musicians in Adam & The Ants. :roll:
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:33 pm

2 is David Cameron
8 is Boris Johnson

I think you'll find that's Dave Cameron :roll:

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Curly » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:35 pm

Or Boy George.
YOU ALWAYS WAS AND YOU ALWAYS WAS BE!!!

Curly

Postby campdave » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:38 pm

It's what the phrase "shower of c**ts" was invented to describe.
campdave

Postby Keith » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:41 pm

campdave wrote:

It's what the phrase "shower of privileged c**ts" was invented to describe.

Fixed!

Keith
Site Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion