shrimpnsave

Re: Macclesfield v Morecambe

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:04 pm

im going for a gut feeling of a 2-1 win
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Re: Macclesfield 1 Morecambe 1 Drummie

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:00 pm

Drummie with two goals in two games from a Twiss cross! Twissy coming close a minute later. Sounds like Drummie is Man of the Match so far. Right, let's go on and win it now. :D
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Re: Macclesfield 1 Morecambe 1 Drummie

Postby steve mfc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:04 pm

Is that 8 goals in the league now, not bad from midfield.
steve mfc

Re: Macclesfield 1 Morecambe 2 Drummie, Haining

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 pm

Haining with "a brilliant goal", beat two players, played a one-two with Jevons, beat another player then stuck it away! :D

Sounds like we are well on top at the moment, let's hope we can kill it off with a third soon!
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Macclesfield 1 Morecambe 2 Drummie, Haining

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:29 pm

2-2 "it wasn't even a half chance... there was nothing on for him there"

Keith
Site Admin

Re: Macclesfield 2 Morecambe 2 Drummie, Haining

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:45 pm

oh well not the result i expected but what the hell..we live for another day :D
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:52 pm

a point is good away from home but we should have won
heysham_mfc

Postby morecambe mick » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Gutted. :(
morecambe mick

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:30 pm

don't care if i get slaughtered but at 2 1 up with ten to go we need to be seeing games through if we are going to be in the mix come end of season poor result in my opinion
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby shrimpnsave » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:don't care if i get slaughtered but at 2 1 up with ten to go we need to be seeing games through if we are going to be in the mix come end of season poor result in my opinion

agreed..... we seem to be slipping as we did last season
shrimpnsave

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:42 pm

not slipping too badly but 1 win in 5 is not that great - the main worry for me is 10 goals against in last 5 games
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby DTSJim » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:54 pm

The defence is a little bit of a worry. I thought we bossed Mac in the air tonight but for some reason we struggled at the only time it really mattered: set plays. There were a few goalmouth scrambles and Baz had to make some fine saves.

The match was one of those games where neither team is happy with a point. We could have scored 5, but we could have conceded 5, in the end 2-2 is a fair result.
DTSJim

Postby parkyboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 pm

Achange snould have been made when Macc altered there formation 15 mins from end Bentley should have been brought on foh Curtis to give us tge extra man at the back and Hunter for Stanly in midfield cos Stanley cant get back to defend as well as Hunter
parkyboy

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:16 am

parkyboy wrote:Achange snould have been made when Macc altered there formation 15 mins from end Bentley should have been brought on foh Curtis to give us tge extra man at the back and Hunter for Stanly in midfield cos Stanley cant get back to defend as well as Hunter

It was changed immediately before Maccs second goal. Jevons went off and Panther came on, presumably with the idea of making the stranglehold we had on the game at that time even more secure. Unfortunately their striker hit a screamer with probably their first real attempt of the second half and from then on the game was back in the mix and either team had chances to win it.

Positives were that Twissy looked much more like his old self. Ran and ran and proved a real handful for Macc all evening.His best performance of the season so far in my opinion. Drummy very good game with yet another goal and Arts could have had a couple but for a decent save and a goal line clearance late on. Rochey once again saved us a couple of times with top drawer saves, particularly in the last minute of added time at the end of the game.

Negatives were conceding a couple against a makeshift Macc attack but as previously stated the second was a screamer out of the blue when it looked like we had the points in the bag.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby outsider » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Bazza saved us at the end, Stanners was woefull (again), Drummy looked tired in the 2nd half (2 games a week too much for him?), Duffy light weight(better when coming in, no speed outside), Jevo just needs the games. imo :?
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby parkyboy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Just a point Burnley Shrimp i agree with everything you have wrote ,but my point is Macc made first sub on 76mins when we were 2 1 ahead and as you say Stanners was awful so when they went 3 up front didnt we make the changes i felt we should have madwe instead of letting them pike pressure on us for a possible win ,surely Hunter would have contributed more than Stanley
parkyboy

Postby parkyboy » Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:36 pm

Just a point Burnley Shrimp i agree with everything you have wrote ,but my point is Macc made first sub on 76mins when we were 2 1 ahead and as you say Stanners was awful so when they went 3 up front didnt we make the changes i felt we should have madwe instead of letting them pike pressure on us for a possible win ,surely Hunter would have contributed more than Stanley
parkyboy

Postby shrimper » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:23 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:don't care if i get slaughtered but at 2 1 up with ten to go we need to be seeing games through if we are going to be in the mix come end of season poor result in my opinion

Think you're being a bit harsh. Sounds like we were controlling it well, having overhauled their lead (which is no mean feat away from home anywhere) until they hit a bolt from the blue.

We didn't play well against Accrington - accepted.

We matched Rochdale (runaway league leaders) away from home for long periods and really 'went for it' from the off but, without our two main strikers we went behind to one of the best strike partnerships (if not THE best) in the division. We had to go chasing the game and ended up losing by a few. Not the end of the world.

Take those two games away and we've had an incredible run, including a win and a creditable draw away from home in our last two games. I don't see that as bad, or 'slipping'.

We're still right in there scrapping for a play-off and with key players coming back from suspension and injury we look in good shape again.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby parceldave » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:39 pm

shrimper wrote:

Think you're being a bit harsh. Sounds like we were controlling it well, having overhauled their lead (which is no mean feat away from home anywhere) until they hit a bolt from the blue.

We didn't play well against Accrington - accepted.

We matched Rochdale (runaway league leaders) away from home for long periods and really 'went for it' from the off but, without our two main strikers we went behind to one of the best strike partnerships (if not THE best) in the division. We had to go chasing the game and ended up losing by a few. Not the end of the world.

Take those two games away and we've had an incredible run, including a win and a creditable draw away from home in our last two games. I don't see that as bad, or 'slipping'.

We're still right in there scrapping for a play-off and with key players coming back from suspension and injury we look in good shape again.

We didn't look in great shape last night though Glen, and one of those key players who was on the bench after his suspension , but didn't get a look in was desperately missing . Time and again in the 1st half Macca were allowed far too much time and space to run at the defence . For 25 mins in second half we played quite well but after that a few started tiring , but only 1 sub made with 10 mins left . 2pts dropped for me :o
parceldave

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:19 am

Yes i guess having come from behind and taken the lead with 10 minutes to go we came away disappointed and you could see the weary legs as the players could only manage to get to the half way line for applause at full time.
Will's burst through the box to score was immense and thankfully Macc wasted their earlier chances and Barry for me was MOTM yet again with his 3 or 4 point blank saves. This result makes Saturdays game a real 6 pointer on the edge of the play offs, hopefully we will get a decent turn out :roll:

Worst thing for me about Tuesday was the fact they closed the £13 terrace behind the goal and made us all go in the main stand seating area which was £18 :evil: :evil:

For me this is shameful and was basically to extract an extra £500 from the away supporters. I can understand closing a terrace to save money on stewarding etc. but, when Chesterfield did the same thing, they charged the same price as it was for standing.

I don't see why their measly home support of 1000 should be subsidised by the away fans.

Hope we do the same to them next time!

Must say that their pre match facility with a warm bar overlooking the pitch for home and away fans was excellent. Free entry £2 a pint and curry & chips on offer complemented with a free team sheet.

Moan over :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Good result all considering 4 points in two games. Now playing a Chesterfield team where if Morecambe bring in Jimbo and Manny i believe we can get 3points in a 1-0 win.

Also i was right about the score 2-2 attendance 1,000 i saided lol :D
darrenlock

Next

Return to General Discussion