Lets put it behind us and look forward to Saturday

Re: Drunken youths spoilt the game....

Postby mfc lad » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 pm

mfc boy, calling this thread silly which is about your behaviour on wednesday night is admitting your behaviour was silly, also at 15 years of age you shouldnt really be entering football grounds under the influence of alcohol should you..
mfc lad

Postby Joel Ninety » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:23 pm

The problem you lot have created for yourselves is that you've gone to a high profile away match, acted like a prize pillock, and come home thinking you are blameless when you are getting slated for it. Do you realise now that when you go to a home match people will know who you are? And they are unlikely to be thinking happy thoughts about what a hilarious band of respectable supporters you are? Well done :roll:
Last edited by Joel Ninety on Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joel Ninety

Postby outsider » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:41 pm

what i found reassuring were the group of 10 year olds sat at the back behind the goal telling them "to sit down and shut up", :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby marky » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Reading this thread, it is obvious that those causing trouble last night are at the younger end of the spectrum. It reminds me why I would always be uncomfortable going to an away match. Anyway, I hope the kids involved grow up quickly and respect my Grandad's silence on Saturday.
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby morecambe mick » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:53 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:The problem you lot have created for yourselves is that you've gone to a high profile away match, acted like a prize pillock, and come home thinking you are blameless because you are getting slated for it. Do you realise now that when you go to a home match people will know who you are? And they are unlikely to be thinking happy thoughts about what a hilarious band of respectable supporters you are? Well done :roll:

That's correct, and unfortunately everyone who travelled "...on a certain coach" has been tarred with the same brush. Thanks for that generalisation.

Let me point out that even before our coach departed Morecambe serious words were given about the behaviour and attitude of the younger element.

Little/no respect was shown to the stewards, who lets face it, were doing their job.

An atmosphere CAN be created from a aseated position, "stand up if you love Morecambe" 1, 2, 3 times and half is amusing further is irritating. We don't have many songs that we can truly call our own, get used to that fact that generic football songs are going to be sung. Although, as has been covered on a different thread, words can be changed and not lose meaning.

There was an incedent where someone who was indentified as a ringleader early in the game, marked his card, and in an effort to bring about control was moved. The stewards as I understand it are quite within their rights to take such action.

I don't think a small number should be allowed to spoil it for the majority, education, education, education (Tony Bliars words).

I do believe they will stuggle to get to many more games.

Atmoshere - good.
Attitude with aggression - bad.

Got it?

Don't blame the stewards for doing their jobs.
There's no such thing as bad weather - just wrong clothes.
Or...
Do the right thing at the right time, in the right circumstances.

(Ye i no u dnt get that)
morecambe mick

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:41 pm

Little/no respect was shown to the stewards, who lets face it, were doing their job.

As are all stewards at all grounds often being monitored by external staff who, at the end of the day, can withdraw the safety certificate for a ground. No certificate, no football.

I thought the stewards did an excellent job last night, had they applied the rules as they are supposed to none of that crowd would have seen the end of the game.
Phoenix

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:54 pm

Phoenix wrote: I thought the stewards did an excellent job last night, had they applied the rules as they are supposed to none of that crowd would have seen the end of the game.

Completely agree, very friendly on the way in and out and showed a lot of common sense, obviously like many others, I wondered about the fuss going on, and now I know what it was over, I think that the guys being moved were very lucky to see the end of the match and should take it as a lesson to be learned from.

To the others who helped generate a good atmos with their non stop singing, well done, I still have no idea to what the words were to that song that went on and on, but in my opinion it sounded very catchy and the tune is still buzzing around my head today.
"He's got all the time in the world - no he's taken far too long"
Mike

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:15 pm

I still have no idea to what the words were to that song that went on and on, but in my opinion it sounded very catchy and the tune is still buzzing around my head today.

The tune is good, it's the words which are terrible. Perhaps we could think of some new words, which arent related to the FC United version??

I'll start it off....

I am a Morecambe Fan,
Last edited by Crooky MFC on Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Crooky MFC

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:18 pm

With that song, people were saying.

I wanna destroyyyyy
Accy and Sky.
Others though were saying Accy S**m
Morecamber

Postby MTID » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:34 pm

You would think being in a band, Mr Kondras would of found better lyrics :lol:

I am a Morecambe Fan
I am Lancastrian
I Know what i want and I know how to get it
I wanna destroy Stanley Scum
Cos i wanna be MFC

Right come on all you lyrical geniuses get to work for a nice friendly new one!

I am a Morecambe Fan.....................................
MTID

Postby Neil G » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 pm

Some of these lads need to work on their education, it's a concern that we have a small group of supporters here who are very proud of being, disrespectful, ignorant and dimwitted. Is it the same lot that were going into the carwash terrace to goad away supporters during our pre season FRIENDLY matches :roll: :roll: :roll:
Neil G

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Neil the one's who go into the carwash were there in this 'Youthful Group' I was one of the carwash people.

We wern't the one's causing trouble however or drinking, they were different people my age who were standing at the top of the North Stand who went to a few friendlies. We were going into to the carwash for a bit of fun and banter with the away fans.
Morecamber

Postby poulton shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:06 pm

eeh blimey look what i missed sat at home in front of tele watching sky news.Well i never :P :lol: :lol: :lol:
poulton shrimp

Postby Raeyes » Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:59 pm

I liked the enthusiasm last night, however for the main part it was aimed in the wrong direction (i.e. not supportive of the team).

Just cut out all the big time Charlie stuff, such as gesturing to stewards and goading home fans. When you travel away in the main part your reputation precedes you. Morecambe fans have built up excellent relationships with many clubs because of the way that they conduct themselves. A reputation that will quickly disappear for all of us if some of the attitude displayed last night continues. Please do not spoil it for everybody.

I suppose what it really boils down to is having some class.
Raeyes

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:00 pm

both agree and disagree with this agree some fans went a bit OTT last night but I think the stewards where as well some of them where moving people just because they where standing up and singing personaly I think you should be allowed to stand up as long as you are not blocking someones view or swearing some people where just trying to support the team I don't think chants of 'your not famous any more' are realy offencive chants are they
heysham_mfc

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:05 pm

personaly I think you should be allowed to stand up as long as you are not blocking someones view or swearing

Don't take this personally but what you think is irrelevant. Anyone buying a ticket to get into last night's all-seater stadium accepted the terms of the ground, that included no standing. If you don't like the rule, don't waste your money.
Phoenix

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:10 pm

Phoenix wrote:
personaly I think you should be allowed to stand up as long as you are not blocking someones view or swearing

Don't take this personally but what you think is irrelevant. Anyone buying a ticket to get into last night's all-seater stadium accepted the terms of the ground, that included no standing. If you don't like the rule, don't waste your money.

I allways sit down if I am told when its all seater but as long as yor not causing any trouble I don't see anything wrong with standing but I agree you should have to sit when the ground is full but at last night game it wasnt even half full
heysham_mfc

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:13 pm

as long as yor not causing any trouble I don't see anything wrong with standing

Apart from being against the rules of the ground, taunting and agravating the stewards and possibly causing an inquiry into the stewards ability to control a crowd, no, you're doing nothing wrong.

but I agree you should have to sit when the ground is full but at last night game it wasnt even half full

I hope you're not agreeing with me because I ain't mentioned full or half full grounds. Do you know what all-seater means?
Phoenix

Postby Shire Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:20 pm

Lets not forget why the ground is all seater, and why all top flight grounds have to be all seater, and why the Football League says you have to sit down during the match, and why the Stewards have to enforce those rules, and why they will go to such lengths to enforce those rules, and in the event of an emergency which NFFC members of staff we ALL would have turned to help us to safety...

...then again some may be too young to remember...

...but it kind of puts some of the behaviour last night into perspective.
Shire Shrimp

Postby campdave » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:30 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:I allways sit down if I am told when its all seater but as long as yor not causing any trouble I don't see anything wrong with standing but I agree you should have to sit when the ground is full but at last night game it wasnt even half full

Argue all you like, but it doesn't matter what you do or don't believe in. The stewards telling people to sit down where doing their jobs. No standing up, no problems.
campdave

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:35 pm

campdave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:I allways sit down if I am told when its all seater but as long as yor not causing any trouble I don't see anything wrong with standing but I agree you should have to sit when the ground is full but at last night game it wasnt even half full

Argue all you like, but it doesn't matter what you do or don't believe in. The stewards telling people to sit down where doing their jobs. No standing up, no problems.

there is allways going to be someone that has to break the rules though singing 'stand up if you love morecambe' is ok but it gets silly when you just do it to go against what the stewards are telling you to do
heysham_mfc

Postby campdave » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:38 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:there is allways going to be someone that has to break the rules though

Why? And if they do, why exactly shouldn't they be punished?
campdave

Postby Mark S » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:41 pm

Personally I was appauled last night at the behaviour of the group of lads.

Many of them were under 18 and were clearly drunk. How did they get the booze?

The chanting and gesturing to the home fans and stewards was way OTT and I was close enough to see that it was not good natured banter.

The stand up routine became boring after the third go and many people were standing up because the person in front of them had stood up and blocked their view.

I thought the stewards did a fantastic job last night. If I had any complaint about them it was that they didnt throw these idiots out and make an example of them. The warning and then separation was a testimony to their patience but clearly became a 'badge of honour' by the less able minded. The stewards were clearly being goaded and abused , as well as completley ignored by all the sheep.

When supporting our team, some of the chants were very good and I joined in the'Sammy Mac' chant and a couple of others. I even enjoyed the 'Trent End give us a song' chant. Very good.

The way I see it we are meant to be there to support the team. We dont support the team by goading and chanting at the opposition fans with offensive songs and gestures. Can we not put all that energy into getting behind the lads on the pitch?

I judge situations as to whether I would want my children to be there. My children all know swear words and are wise enough to know not to repeat them, but what they havent been exposed to before is thuggish, mindless, aggressive behaviour. I wouldnt want them to think that this is normal behaviour for a group of young people. This now means that I will not be taking my eldest lad (who is Morecambe mad) to any away matches until I am satisfied that this wont be a regular occurance. As a responsible parent I wont take the chance.

For that reason and that reason alone, you should be ashamed of yourselves. You have deprived an 8 year old lad of his football.

As a fan of a club who have been voted as the nicest and most liked club, last night made me embarrassed. :(
Mark S

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:44 pm

campdave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:there is allways going to be someone that has to break the rules though

Why? And if they do, why exactly shouldn't they be punished?

they should be punished I anm not saying at all that they shouln't if they have been warned and carry on they should be thrown out
heysham_mfc

Postby chrise27007 Mk2 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:14 pm

Just been reading back through this forum.
I was one of older majority of the 'crowd' last night and yes i admit it was taken too far.
Too be fair 7/10 of the group last night were young boys/kids who had abit too much to drink on the way down and made a tit out of themselves. I was stood near the back and what really pissed me off was that most of the kids wernt there for the game , they just wanted to be there to cause trouble and their eyes wernt on the game which i say again pissed me off
I admit i got taken out myself ... not for abusing the stewards but for hand gesture towards a Notts player. I should of known better as i'm not one to cause trouble and i was there to watch the football. But im sure if i did it back at Christie , nothing would of been done about it.. but thats part of being in the big time , its a different rule book for the supporters in the football league.
Cutting it short , the little immature twits need to grow up and start thinking about what they're doing because one day the stewards wont be as lenient. Neither will mummy and daddy.
chrise27007 Mk2

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion