o/t M6 link road to go ahead

Re: o/t M6 link road to go ahead

Postby captain sparkle » Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:36 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Don't forget while this road is being built between 2011 - 2014 there will be no Junction 34 northbound so its gridlock at Galgate and congestion in Carnforth. Happy motoring!! :cry:

What about Lancaster road through torrisholme, and the road off to the crem? presumably they will have to be closed while the flyover/access roads are built, imagine that!! No way through torrisholme in the morning!!
Anyone in torrisholme got any spare newts??
I'm in favour, by the way, but would have preferred it the other way, from the existing bypass, between the 2 rows of pylons towards the ooniverisity.....
PYROMANIACS OF THE WORLD IGNITE!
Over 3.7 million hits on YouToob! Subscribers needed! full & part time! apply now!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeOzzTpVT3A
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeFlLgCS-jBXwnXTtT8vJBReNXSYuphoM
captain sparkle

Postby Suzi Quatro » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:09 pm

bigreddog wrote:
marky No.1 wrote:Latest:

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environmen ... s/heysham/

Still a long way to go as follows:

Objection period intil 10th December after which a public inquiry is expected

November ~ Tenders invited for construction

May 2010 ~ Public inquiry into the orders

December 2010 ~ Inspectors Report and Secretary of State's decision announced

March 2011 ~ S of S confirms funding

April 2011 ~ Construction starts

October 2014 ~ road completed ....

Spring 2015 ~ 23,000 cones required for necessary roadworks! :lol:

we've had the public inquiry already. the objection period isn't for the planning application it's for the compulsory purchase orders. no doubt the greens and mbi's will club together again and try for another judicial review, but it's coming and from my personal point of view thats a great thing.

The news is very positive in terms of regeneration for Morecambe. It is high time that Geraldine Smith and her cronies in The Morecambe Bay Independent Party who campaigned in conjunction with each other in the 2007 local elections apologised for delaying the process as well as giving those against the link road false hopes.
We should celebrate the news that this vital priece of infrasutructure is built as soon as possible.
Suzi Quatro

Postby Richard Head » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:17 am

captain sparkle wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:Don't forget while this road is being built between 2011 - 2014 there will be no Junction 34 northbound so its gridlock at Galgate and congestion in Carnforth. Happy motoring!! :cry:

What about Lancaster road through torrisholme, and the road off to the crem? presumably they will have to be closed while the flyover/access roads are built, imagine that!! No way through torrisholme in the morning!!
Anyone in torrisholme got any spare newts??
I'm in favour, by the way, but would have preferred it the other way, from the existing bypass, between the 2 rows of pylons towards the ooniverisity.....

Presumably the A6 between Beaumont and Slyne will have to be shut as well while they build the bridge and roundabout there
Richard Head

Postby marky » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:35 pm

Not necessarily. It's quite possible to build the main structure whilst keeping roads open, with possibly an overnight closure to lower the actual bridge into place (most of which are built off site these days).
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby HALMA 1983 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:37 pm

I think this roads only happening because of plans to build another power station at Heysham, Why one wasn't built when phase one went up is beyond me and that trip over the medievel bridge at Skerton will be happily forgotten when it does open.
HALMA 1983

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:29 pm

http://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/lanc ... 5919821.jp

MBI's at it again...

Morecambe Town Council voted 17-1 to object to the CPO and Side Road Orders at a meeting ahead of last Thursday's deadline for representations on the orders.

What are those numpties after? Here's how to make Morecambe more successful, make it impossible for people to leave?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby marky » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:36 pm

"These 400 objections represent a massive 'no' to the road and I hope there will now be another public inquiry."

400 out of a population of 143,700. A massive 0.0028% of the total number of people. What a great representation that is. What a massive 'no!
marky

Postby Plain Peter » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 pm

I think ( :) ) that if it could all be done, dusted and finished at the click of a finger then most of us would be content.
The reality, at least to me from my comfortable distance away, is of years of nightmare traffic gridlock and chaos, ever escalating costs, discontent with progress (even from those in favour), Ireland bound commercial traffic doing a runner elsewhere, and with no absolute guarantee of any final impovement.
The geographical lay of the area simply isn't up to modern day travel needs.
Plain Peter

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:41 pm

still think the western(galgate) one would have been better option than the northern one(halton) and would cause a lot less hassle :?
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:56 pm

Peter wrote:years of nightmare traffic gridlock and chaos...

So, no change there then?

DawZi wrote:still think the western(galgate) one would have been better option than the northern one(halton) and would cause a lot less hassle :?

What western option? There isn't a western option, there is only a northern option or no option at all. That's why the Greens kept mentioning it, because they knew that it was illegal and therefore could never go ahead. More delay, more cost, more congestion for longer. And all that time, there is less chance of development in Morecambe. Ah-well...
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

Keith
Site Admin

Postby George Dawes » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:05 pm

Keith wrote:
Peter wrote:years of nightmare traffic gridlock and chaos...

So, no change there then?

DawZi wrote:still think the western(galgate) one would have been better option than the northern one(halton) and would cause a lot less hassle :?

What western option? There isn't a western option, there is only a northern option or no option at all. That's why the Greens kept mentioning it, because they knew that it was illegal and therefore could never go ahead. More delay, more cost, more congestion for longer. And all that time, there is less chance of development in Morecambe. Ah-well...

i just remember filling a questionnaire what was supposedly sent to everybody round here probably about 10yrs ago now about a possible bypass and which would be better the western or northern, i ticked the western

i think it was a council one not sure now if it was government? and now you mention the greens i do remeber now with some objection to the western one and some rare neuts in some marshes where the problem :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Keith » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:37 am

There was a questionnaire sent out by your MP a few years ago asking people which route they would prefer, the one that could go ahead, or the one that couldn't. She didn't bother to point that out to people though, continuing the myth that there was an alternative option. As I recall, the Greens also promoted the 'western route' as being 'better than the northern', on the basis that if they could stop the northern route, there would never be a bypass built.

I can fully respect the Greens, they believe that new roads should be stopped regardless. They are 'batting clever', with an aim of stopping the whole project. Quite what the MBI's and their MP are attempting to achieve isn't clear to me.

Keith
Site Admin

Postby Richard Head » Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:25 pm

The Secretary of State has ordered a Public Enquiry on the link road which will probably not take place until June with a report published in December. By then we could have a new government so who knows what could happen. Well done to the 480 who sent in their written objections :D
Richard Head

Postby morecambe mick » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:16 pm

Richard Head wrote:The Secretary of State has ordered a Public Enquiry on the link road which will probably not take place until June with a report published in December. By then we could have a new government so who knows what could happen. Well done to the 480 who sent in their written objections :D

1 Nov 2007 Development Control Committee unanimously vote to award Planning Permission, but consent withheld until application considered by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
8 Feb 2007 Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government calls-in the proposal for a Public Inquiry
3 Jul 2007 Proposed start date for Public Inquiry
10 Aug 2007 Finish of Public Inquiry
7 Feb 2008 Planning Permission Granted
2010* Start construction works.
2014* Completion Date.
From: http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environmen ... etable.asp

Why would the Secretary of State order a second "Public Enquiry on the link road which will probably not take place until June with a report published in December"?
morecambe mick

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:33 pm

morecambe mick wrote:
Richard Head wrote:The Secretary of State has ordered a Public Enquiry on the link road which will probably not take place until June with a report published in December. By then we could have a new government so who knows what could happen. Well done to the 480 who sent in their written objections :D

1 Nov 2007 Development Control Committee unanimously vote to award Planning Permission, but consent withheld until application considered by the Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
8 Feb 2007 Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government calls-in the proposal for a Public Inquiry
2014* Completion Date.

Why would the Secretary of State order a second "Public Enquiry on the link road which will probably not take place until June with a report published in December"?[/quote]

Exactly Mick.
The protestors have had their day. Let's get on with it and ease the bloody chaos that is Morecambe Road and free up those lorries that are bound to and from the harbour.

With Heysham destined for another nuclear station the road is even more imperative.

Not only that but it will ease the traffic in Carnforth with lorries coming from Scotland using the A6 through the town.

I'm all for the public voicng their concerns but they've had their chance.

JUST GET ON WITH IT FOR HEAVONS SAKE!
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby drinkduffbeers » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:45 pm

drinkduffbeers

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Christies Child wrote:
morecambe mick wrote:

2014* Completion Date.

Why would the Secretary of State order a second "Public Enquiry on the link road which will probably not take place until June with a report published in December"?[/quote]

Exactly Mick.
The protestors have had their day. Let's get on with it and ease the bloody chaos that is Morecambe Road and free up those lorries that are bound to and from the harbour.

With Heysham destined for another nuclear station the road is even more imperative.

Not only that but it will ease the traffic in Carnforth with lorries coming from Scotland using the A6 through the town.

I'm all for the public voicng their concerns but they've had their chance.

JUST GET ON WITH IT FOR HEAVONS SAKE!

preety much a local issue,i dont live near there so i dont have issues with the road goind thru but if i did i might object..........over to you cc.would you object if it was local and the price of your property possibly plumet :?:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Splodge » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:59 pm

Oh FFS. If Heysham gets the 3rd reactor (which will be good for the local economy), then we will need a link for all the materials and any staff who commute either during the building, or when it is opened. This whole process has been an absolute farce.
Splodge

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:05 pm

Splodge wrote:Oh FFS. If Heysham gets the 3rd reactor (which will be good for the local economy), then we will need a link for all the materials and any staff who commute either during the building, or when it is opened. This whole process has been an absolute farce.

point taken..all i said was this is a local issue and we have to look at all the pros and cons

may i ask where do you live :?:
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:28 pm

preety much a local issue,i dont live near there so i dont have issues with the road goind thru but if i did i might object..........over to you cc.would you object if it was local and the price of your property possibly plumet :?:[/quote]

IF it resulted in more jobs for my area I'd have no major problems. Yes I'd be concerned about a POSSIBLE loss in house value, but where is the evidence to back that up.

Maybe the new road would actually encourage people to live in the Morecambe area resulting in a price increase? Commuting would be easier especially for those using the M6 to get to work. It will also encourage further investment in the town.....hell it might even become a prosperous resort again!

For me Morecambe will actually benefit from all this.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:36 pm

Christies Child wrote:preety much a local issue,i dont live near there so i dont have issues with the road goind thru but if i did i might object..........over to you cc.would you object if it was local and the price of your property possibly plumet :?:

IF it resulted in more jobs for my area I'd have no major problems. Yes I'd be concerned about a POSSIBLE loss in house value, but where is the evidence to back that up.

Maybe the new road would actually encourage people to live in the Morecambe area resulting in a price increase? Commuting would be easier especially for those using the M6 to get to work. It will also encourage further investment in the town.....hell it might even become a prosperous resort again!

For me Morecambe will actually benefit from all this.[/quote]

guess i back the minority again then....after all its only local.....who cares ..I do
shrimpnsave

Postby marky » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:02 pm

Every single resident who bought a property in the affected area of Torrisholme bought it knowing full well that a bypass was a distinct possibility. It's been on the table since the 60s ffs!!! I repeat what I've said before, it's a shame that a few residents have to suffer, but this link road is essential to the future of the town they live in. One day they might actually realise that.
marky

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:13 pm

It's been on the table since the 60s ffs!!!

absolute bollacks,substaniate what u just posted????
shrimpnsave

Postby marky » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm

http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environment/env_highways/roads/heysham/timetable.asp

I was wrong, try 1949! I'll accept the apology you owe me :)
marky

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:31 pm

marky wrote:http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/environment/env_highways/roads/heysham/timetable.asp

I was wrong, try 1949! I'll accept the apology you owe me :)

not a chance ..ill fight for the minority

and you dont live in torrisholme do YOU
shrimpnsave

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion