MFC Merchandise...look, this is not a rant but...!

MFC Merchandise...look, this is not a rant but...!

Postby BLS BOY » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:20 pm

I am quite literally appalled at a piece of MFC clothing i have recently been bought.

Now this isn't a rant at the club directly, but someone must know this major problem is down to them!

This is a t-shirt promoting our "end of an era" season, here at Christie.

Some bright spark has purchased clothing, printed the design on it and sold it for a fee.

This item of clothing, i have just noticed has a tag in the back (the same as 99% of t-shits do!), only this one has the unenviable, disgusting, sick badge of SHEFFIELD UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB, complete with website address!

No excuses, someone at the club i've supported since birth has to take responsibility for this serious issue.

I'm devoid of ideas as to whose momentous idea it was to bring this in, however, this is a piece of merchandise meant to be fit to celebrate our last season at Christie...how can anyone at Morecambe FC be proud to sell this -knowing whats attached to its label!

This isn't funny, nor a lie... i shall be returning my shirt to the club with a huge slice of nasal discharge on the label.

I hope the marketing, club shop personell, and business that is Morecambe FC are hugely proud of this perplexing mess! :twisted:
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Re: MFC Merchandise...look, this is not a rant but...!

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:25 pm

BLS BOY wrote:I am quite literally appalled at a piece of MFC clothing i have recently been bought.

Now this isn't a rant at the club directly, but someone must know this major problem is down to them!

Some bright spark has purchased clothing, printed the design on it and sold it for a fee.

This item of clothing, i have just noticed has a tag in the back (the same as 99% of t-shits do!), only this one has the unenviable, disgusting, sick badge of SHEFFIELD UNITED FOOTBALL CLUB, complete with website address!

No excuses, someone at the club i've supported since birth has to take responsibility for this serious issue.

I'm devoid of ideas as to whose momentous idea it was to bring this in, however, this is a piece of merchandise meant to be fit to celebrate our last season at Christie...how can anyone at Morecambe FC be proud to sell this -knowing whats attached to its label!

This isn't funny, nor a lie... i shall be returning my shirt to the club with a huge slice of nasal discharge on the label.

I hope the marketing, club shop personell, and business that is Morecambe FC are hugely proud of this perplexing mess! :twisted:

oh the price of sucsess in l2 :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:05 pm

Could of course be a one off accident caused by a garment producer accidently picking up the wrong label?
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:57 pm

i think i would feel the same, just make sure when you go down to the club shop you dont jump in headfirst and see if the other shirts are like that aswell

it could be a mistake by the printers and your the first person to spot it
George Dawes

Postby BLS BOY » Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 pm

thanks, i hope it is just an error, and there will be no "mad bull" reaction to this, but i'll go in and state my case.
"the opposition are only as good as you make them"
BLS BOY

Postby DTSJim » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:13 am

I've got two end of an era shirts and I've searched high and low for an SUFC anything and there's nowt.

Looks like a one off to me son.
DTSJim

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:10 am

it's a one off, it will be worth a FORTUNE!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby durhamshrimp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:55 am

Get over yourself, its hardly a big deal.
durhamshrimp

Postby Morecambe FC » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:50 am

BLS BOY wrote:I am quite literally appalled at a piece of MFC clothing i have recently been bought.

As a customer of Morecambe FC you are fully entitled to be upset and a little disappointed that the product you were given, presumeably as a xmas present, is not as advertised. However before letting you know how the error has come about and hopefully finding a satisfactory solution I would like to offer a word of caution.

Please don't do anything to the shirt that will render it unuseable in future. I know you are frustrated but threatening the above serves no purpose and should there be anything wrong with the shirt outside it being worn then I am afraid your request for an exchange or refund will be refused.

That said please don't hesitate in bringing the offending item back for exchange or refund. As Keith said it could be worth a little if it were the only one, however........

The t-shirts were manufactured in Turkey on behalf of the suppliers. These suppliers also work with many other Football League sides producing merchandise for sale in Club Shops all over the Country. The final piece of the manufacturing process is for the relevant back neck label to be sewn into the garment before packaging. We have found about a dozen other garments that have "other clubs" back neck labels sewn into MFC products, this can be done perfectly innocently or by some joker on the production line who is having a less than successful day.

In the grand scheme of things it isn't the end of the world and the suppliers will be happy to credit any item with manufacturing faults like this one. That doesn't in any way preclude them from their responsibility and I shall be speaking to the relevant people letting them know of my displeasure at one of these products being bought by a valued customer.

I hope I have explained the situation to your satisfaction and I hope you accept my apology on behalf of the Football Club for any distress caused.

Mark Dixon
Commercial Director
Morecambe FC

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:19 pm

Why can't people that have a complaint from a purchase in the first place just go through the correct and proper complaints procedure rather than jumping off the highboard trying to put egg on peoples faces. Once you have made your complaint and (only) then you don't receive an acceptable/suitable reply then yes feel free to bring it to the attention of the world and maybe even give thanks for the way the complaint was dealt with.

I can understand frustration but F.F.S. :roll:

Flippin Fantastic Shirt :lol:
Last edited by marky No.1 on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:21 pm

BLS BOY wrote:

Grow up.
campdave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:26 pm

campdave wrote:
BLS BOY wrote:

Grow up.

agreed. I think blsBoy could have sorted this out quietly and politely with a visit to the shop without the need for him to post such a childish "rant" which gives the club undeserved bad publicity.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:28 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:
agreed. I think blsBoy could have sorted this out quietly and politely with a visit to the shop without the need for him to post such a childish "rant" which gives the club undeserved bad publicity.

I think he has a point, though he does seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill, and the nasal discharge comment is just childish.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:34 pm

he should be given a 2yr ban from every football ground in the country :lol:
George Dawes

Postby Blackburn shrimp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:44 pm

campdave wrote:
BLS BOY wrote:

Grow up.

It just snot on ;)
Blackburn shrimp

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:49 pm

campdave wrote:the nasal discharge comment is just childish.

Could be worse tho', it could have been Christies Childish :oops:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Mighty Red » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:42 pm

I agree. BLSBOY should have been more .........

...................... phlegmatic!
Mighty Red

Return to General Discussion