Postby steve mfc » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:32 pm

ockers wrote:
Keith wrote:Sean says he has to go to Specsavers! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Drummond it is!

ive done that twice to stew this season he will kill me when he sees me
vision express it is
27 days away so a little rusty lol
great result
thought duffy did really well throughout the game worked hard and his goals wa sbrilliant as was the cross for stew
thought stanners played well second half and stew throughout the game
great three points
happy days...........

Don't worry according to the BBC STEVE DRUMMOND scored with a diving header :lol:
steve mfc

Re: Morecambe 2 Barnet 1 Drummond, Duffy f/t

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:36 pm

I enjoyed the game today and thought the best part about the whole performance was the team spirit which shone through,the players were obviously backing each other up all the way. When someone missed a tackle, another player was there.
This next comment may not be popular, but I thought Adams had a great second half.
Also Parrish had a good game, Haining was outstanding and Curtis did really well up front.
Panther looked assured when he came on and Stanley and Drummond werre immense. All in all, a lot to be pleased about, long may it continue. :)
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby Bare bum » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:46 pm

yep, I agree, lots of entertainment at Crusty this and last season, and today was no exception. In fact generally, I'm enjoying the footie a lot more than a few (three +) years ago, when I often came away after a win feeling we'd been dead lucky (and we won a lot). There's certainly a lot more goal action and creativity.

I'm luvvin it.
A lilo, almost as nice as a puppy
Bare bum

Postby Caged Lion » Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:55 pm

Considering we haven't played any serious games this year it was a good performance throughout. After the Accy and Rochdale glitches the team seemed more like the invincibles who scorched up the table last year.

Roche was solid
Parrish and Adams did ok...Parrish is looking better all the time and Adams still plays intelligent football though he couldn't outrun a maggot.
Haining was flawless.
Artell was dependable.
Drummond was really up for it in the first half, was in the right place at the right time for his goal and played some super passes.
Stanley was strong.
Duffy did pretty good, he blew hot and cold, showed some signs of creativity, took his goal well and carried out one the most clinical, premeditated, dirty fouls I have ever seen.
Twiss put in a good shift.
Jevons performed well considering his time out and stayed the pace.
Curtis was really energetic and gave 100%.
Panther looked good when he came on.
Good team performance, enjoyable game...so onward and upward.
Caged Lion

Postby Martin » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:13 pm

Christies Child wrote:FFS...we WON! :shock: :shock: :shock:

OK not the best but it was end to end and entertaining.

MD is still to convince me, but his cross for Drummy's goal was one of the best crossed balls this season.

What a bloody player WillH is. If any player has had more influence on Arts then I've yet to meet him. The guy has suddenly become somebody who now thinks before passing the ball. No longer the long aimless punt up field.

As much as Jimbo is a crowd favourite, I wonder if he will ever get his place back?

Just because we won doesn't mean we can't discuss the good and bad points in the game!

For me it was a patchy performance, due in no small part to the long break since the last game. Duffy was certainly hit and miss, but to be fair to him, he kept at it and took his goal superbly when the chance came. We all know Twissy doesn't like playing wide so his head lifted noticably when he moved into the middle; that shot of his that hit the post was a beauty!

As for Panther, he looked quality just running onto the pitch let alone his assured play.

After 2 deafeats, the long lay-off and against struggling opposition, it's a game we really needed to win. I thought we did it pretty well overall.
Martin

Postby alwaysright » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:32 pm

Good result but what a disapointing crowd considering we havnt had a game for ages and we are just outside the play offs
alwaysright

Postby RedRedWine1 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:54 pm

I thought Duffy played really well today. He scored the winner, had an assist for Drummond's goal, and also supplied a few other great crosses that weren't converted. In general his distribution was good, and it was also good to see him tracking back and helping out defensively on the odd occasion. He looked a lot more comfortable on the right-hand side and linked up well with Parrish. I would have him amongst my choices for man of the match.

Another player that I thought played well was Wayne Curtis. He put a hard shift in at Rochdale and got a deserved goal, and was unlucky not to get one today after drawing a fine save from their keeper. Although not the most naturally talented in the squad he never stops running, puts himself about, holds the ball up well, and brings others into the game. In tight games inches and yards make the difference. He chases down every lost cause, putting opposition defenders under pressure and not letting them have time on the ball, often forcing a hurried clearance that puts us in an position where we can attack from.

Really disappointing crowd today, but a win on Tuesday and the missing 300ish will be back shouting "Morecambe 'til I die"
RedRedWine1

Postby Sharpy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:09 am

hmmmmmmmmmmmm. Duffy was pretty woeful in the final third today. far too much dithering with the ball. didnt deserve his goal, would have prefered Curtis or Twiss to have got it. Both showed why they need to start. Would have played them oppositely though, twiss up front and Curtis on the left. Artell is a liability IMO, passes going astray and blaming others for his mistakes. Haining is quality, didnt put a foot wrong, toss up between him and Drummond for MOTM. Stanley did F*** ALL today!! was too scared to have a pop, missed tackles and never seemed to be in the right place! missing Hunter but thankfully Panther is back!! Adams still the best footballing brain in the side even if he is slow.
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby ockers » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 am

[quote="RedRedWine"]I thought Duffy played really well today. He scored the winner, had an assist for Drummond's goal, and also supplied a few other great crosses that weren't converted. In general his distribution was good, and it was also good to see him tracking back and helping out defensively on the odd occasion. He looked a lot more comfortable on the right-hand side and linked up well with Parrish. I would have him amongst my choices for man of the match.

well said stu
said much the same to lance when summing up
was my motm today
ockers

Postby james456 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:20 am

RedRedWine wrote:I thought Duffy played really well today. He scored the winner, had an assist for Drummond's goal, and also supplied a few other great crosses that weren't converted. In general his distribution was good, and it was also good to see him tracking back and helping out defensively on the odd occasion. He looked a lot more comfortable on the right-hand side and linked up well with Parrish. I would have him amongst my choices for man of the match.

Another player that I thought played well was Wayne Curtis. He put a hard shift in at Rochdale and got a deserved goal, and was unlucky not to get one today after drawing a fine save from their keeper. Although not the most naturally talented in the squad he never stops running, puts himself about, holds the ball up well, and brings others into the game. In tight games inches and yards make the difference. He chases down every lost cause, putting opposition defenders under pressure and not letting them have time on the ball, often forcing a hurried clearance that puts us in an position where we can attack from.

Really disappointing crowd today, but a win on Tuesday and the missing 300ish will be back shouting "Morecambe 'til I die"

This. Curtis MoM for me - he was a great outlet today. Did Mullins job but also took the ball down and ran with it. If he plays like that against Macclesfield, I don't see why Mullin should replace him when fit.

As for Duffy, I thought that overall, he was good today. Yes, he lost the ball once or twice but he also ran at the opposition defence and put some great balls in. He drifted in and out of the game which is an area he can improve on but you could say that about Garry Thompson who most of us would bring back to Christie Park in an instant. So long as he continues to improve, I'm happy with Duffy in the team.
james456

Postby Caged Lion » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:35 am

RedRedWine wrote:I thought Duffy played really well today. He scored the winner, had an assist for Drummond's goal, and also supplied a few other great crosses that weren't converted. In general his distribution was good, and it was also good to see him tracking back and helping out defensively on the odd occasion. He looked a lot more comfortable on the right-hand side and linked up well with Parrish. I would have him amongst my choices for man of the match.

Well summed up. I would also say that Duffy is capable of doing something quite unexpected causing defenders a lot of problems even when he gets it wrong. He is a terrier too when he doesn't have the ball. Sammy is going to have a selection dilemma at Macclesfield

Duffy or Hunter (couldn't call it)
Curtis or Mullin (I think Mullin could do with bench time coming on for 15 mins at the end)
even
Adams or Wilson (Adams is a terrific defender, Wilson is lightning quick and scores goals)
Caged Lion

Postby marky » Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:48 am

I don't think the last one is even in question. Wilson should (and will) be back ;)
Some are dead and some are living. In my life, I've loved them all.
marky

Postby thegentlegiant » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:34 am

Great Result today could of won by more, felt though few mistakes in first half and players were slow to react at times, this is most likely due to the lengthy period between games.

Noticed the crossing has improved also, Adams played ok 2nd half but he struggled with final ball and was slow to react a few times.

Think we will continue to progress now, shame about attendance, but this will be down to other local teams playing!
thegentlegiant

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:10 am

Thought we looked rusty in first half when Barnet had several clear cut chances but failed to convert, but also thought we dominated the second half.

Thought Duffy had one of his best games for us so far and was just about my man of the match for his excellent cross for the first goal and his winner plus a decent shift all told.

Very relieved that we picked up 3 points because Barnet are on a poor run and if we are to have an exciting run in this season these are games we have to pick up all the points.

Crowd very dissapointing. Probably a combination of decent footie on TV , very cold weather, not the most attractive fixture etc' etc'. Was hoping that we'd have got closer to 1,800. Hopefully however with a positive result midweek and a game against fellow promotion hopefulls Chesterfield on Saturday then it will be quite a bit larger.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:48 am

If we win on Tuesday we should be looking to get 2,000+ for the Chesterfield game
heysham_mfc

Postby parkyboy » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:41 pm

A mixed review for Duffy mainly due to a mixture of misplaced passes and losing the ball one or two times . Surely the critics are singling one person out for the above faults when 85% of the team were guilty of the same and they didnt provide the cross for 1st goal and score 2nd one without him we could have lost ??
parkyboy

Postby marky No.1 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:36 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 477865.stm

Maybe its the fog but I still can't see a shirt pull. If it was D.A. the whistle went 2 challenges later :roll:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:19 pm

At least the officials were consistently bad for both teams. On the evidence of that footage it's still a mystery where the penalty came from. However Jevo definitely appears to clip Breens ankle from behind just before the winner and the ref and liner play on. Justice done in the end.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby outsider » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:41 pm

Looking at that it's Stanner's with the tug not Adam's :roll: :roll:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby John L » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:12 am

outsider wrote:Looking at that it's Stanner's with the tug not Adam's :roll: :roll:

I agree.
John L

Postby campdave » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:32 am

outsider wrote:Looking at that it's Stanner's with the tug not Adam's :roll: :roll:

How typical of Stanley - good player, but capable of being an idiot.
campdave

Previous

Return to General Discussion