O/T Lowest league gate of the season

O/T Lowest league gate of the season

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:43 pm

Just noticed that there was only 1035 for last nights game Macclesfield v Northampton.

Considering that Macc have had some good results of late, this must be a wake up call for the financial position of every club following the enforced lack of games during the recent bad weather.

Just hope we get a good gate v Barnet but it's not one of the most attractive of games.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: O/T Lowest league gate of the season

Postby broadwayshrimp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:20 am

Christies Child wrote:Just hope we get a good gate v Barnet but it's not one of the most attractive of games

Which is why I think the club should think about grading games, A, B or C with a corresponding entry fee to try and entice supporters along, especially these sort of fixtures.
broadwayshrimp

Postby campdave » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:22 am

broadwayshrimp wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Just hope we get a good gate v Barnet but it's not one of the most attractive of games

Which is why I think the club should think about grading games, A, B or C with a corresponding entry fee to try and entice supporters along, especially these sort of fixtures.

Are you proposing that we make some games cheaper than we already do? I doubt £1 or £2 off the ticket would attract many more through the gate - certainly not enough to recoup the lost revenue.
campdave

Postby broadwayshrimp » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:30 am

campdave wrote:
broadwayshrimp wrote:

Are you proposing that we make some games cheaper than we already do? I doubt £1 or £2 off the ticket would attract many more through the gate - certainly not enough to recoup the lost revenue.

I'm proposing some cheaper games and some more expensive games depending on the opposition.
broadwayshrimp

Return to General Discussion