Phil Jevons

Phil Jevons

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 pm

Just speaking to a Huddersfield season ticket holder he think that he will sign for Morecambe in the summer unless a bigger club offers him a contract better than we can give him.
heysham_mfc

Re: Phil Jevons

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 pm

imo i cant see us holding him
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Crooky MFC » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:24 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:imo i cant see us holding him

I don't see why we wont keep him to be honest, unless a much bigger club comes in for him. Why move when he's happy and playing regular first team football, scoring goals and we're moving to a brand new stadium next season. Would he risk moving somewhere else, or even go back to Huddersifled only to sit on the bench again. :?

If we offer him a decent contract, im confident he'll stay with us.
Crooky MFC

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 am

I'm thinking only positive things about this subject.

PJ is a rare breed in the modern game. We are bloody lucky ( and of course grateful) to have him on board and by the sounds of it, loving every minute of life under SMc / ML.

Long may it continue.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby paulshrimp » Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:05 am

We have now got a striker who is capable of scoring goals at this level. I hope that the board, who get most things right, will do everything to keep him short of putting us in a financial mess.
paulshrimp

Postby shrimper » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:29 pm

Banks are tightening up on all clubs - which is why it's been a very quiet transfer window, relatively, so far at every level.

Jevons seems a very genuine person and, as I've said before, gave me the impression that he wants to be somewhere where he's appreciated and valued.

He's been messed about previously and I think he'll want to be with a manager who he feels not only rates him highly but also has some level of security at the club, after finding himself brought into previous clubs by one boss, who has then left, leaving him in limbo and not part of the new man's plans.

And he DID stop me short when I spoke about him 'putting himself in the shop window', saying that would be disrespectful to Morecambe where he was hoping to do a good job and sort out something more long term for himself.

He may get a better offer but I wouldn't bet on him jumping ship just for a few more quid short-term.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Return to General Discussion