Players leaving

Players leaving

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:02 pm

We know that Sammy has got his eye on at least 2 strikers 1 we know is jordann Connerton just wondering if we will let any player go (even if only on loan) as we can't keep on adding more and more to the wage bill.
heysham_mfc

Re: Players leaving

Postby james456 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:12 pm

Get two or three players out on loan. At least one defender and Taylor - assuming we bring a striker in.
james456

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:01 am

heysham_mfc wrote:We know that Sammy has got his eye on at least 2 strikers 1 we know is jordann Connerton just wondering if we will let any player go

Depends if he makes any signings or not.
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:52 am

i think? M Howard was released this time last year while still injuried and still 6months under contract

i wonder if he's thinking the same about Fraser Mclachlan & H McStay(who never gets a look in anyway) would help in triming the wage bill
George Dawes

Postby Mark S » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:20 am

Not really. They are under contract and would require paying up if they were to be released. Not sure I would want to anyway. Especially Frasier.
Mark S

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:30 am

Mark S wrote:Not really. They are under contract and would require paying up if they were to be released. Not sure I would want to anyway. Especially Frasier.

thats the thing Mark
i think? M Howard was released this time last year while still injuried and still 6months under contract

so i assume we paid up the remainder of M Howards contract, and in the summer by the time Fraser gets back fit his contract will have run out

and plus we may have hopefully secured the services of Panther and Craney
George Dawes

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:44 am

DawZi wrote:

so i assume we paid up the remainder of M Howards contract, and in the summer by the time Fraser gets back fit his contract will have run out

Howard released May 2009 according to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Howard_(footballer)
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:55 am

For me I'd put Taylor out on a season long loan to another club. The same with Poole and Jackson. Training almost every day knowing that their chances of a game are remote must be soul destroying. I know that Kendal want to take back the young centre half we got from Oldham. At least he was getting games there.

As for out 'enry, Fraser and the Iron Man I'd put them out on loan with immeadiate call backs if required.

Sammy is talking about wanting to bring in another couple of players. If he does then the above three will find it difficult to even get on the bench.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:17 am

Christies Child wrote:
As for out 'enry, Fraser

No one is going to want to loan of injured players :roll:
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:47 am

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:
As for out 'enry, Fraser

No one is going to want to loan of injured players :roll:

Quite true...I forgot that they are injured. :oops:

Would be interested to hear how you would make room for potential new signings though..... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:53 am

Christies Child wrote:
Would be interested to hear how you would make room for potential new signings though..... :?: :?: :?:

Pointing out that we can't loan out injured players doesn't mean I'm the one that has to come up with the solution.
campdave

Postby Sharpy » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:11 pm

just get rid of Fraser. The guys useless!
Morecambe and District Kite and Tins Society. Official Kite Owner
Sharpy

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:20 pm

campdave wrote:
DawZi wrote:

Howard released May 2009 according to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Howard_(footballer)

am not 100% sure i think he was unattached for a while, then signed for his current club in early summer and is incidentally "injuried" again, he's been out since last October
George Dawes

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:25 pm

campdave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Pointing out that we can't loan out injured players doesn't mean I'm the one that has to come up with the solution.

You seem to be very quick to pass judgement on other peoples opinions but when asked to give us yours......... :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:02 pm

Sorry sharpy you are talking b....ks fraser is a very good player and is good at what he does just ask sammy how big a loss the guy was when he got injured
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:11 pm

I think Morecambe should get player's like Henry Mcstay on loan if not injured, aaron taylor defo on loan maybe to conference if any taker's.
darrenlock

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:30 pm

Christies Child wrote:
You seem to be very quick to pass judgement on other peoples opinions but when asked to give us yours......... :?: :?: :?:

I'm not the one suggested we loan out crocked players. Not sure why I need to come up with an alternative just because yours was nonsense.
campdave

Postby campdave » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:36 pm

DawZi wrote:
am not 100% sure i think he was unattached for a while, then signed for his current club in early summer and is incidentally "injuried" again, he's been out since last October

4th May 2009 according to our website

http://www.morecambefc.com/page/NewsDet ... 22,00.html
campdave

Postby George Dawes » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:19 pm

well ill eat my hat :P
George Dawes

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:44 pm

Fgh shrimp wrote:Sorry sharpy you are talking b....ks fraser is a very good player and is good at what he does just ask sammy how big a loss the guy was when he got injured

he is a good player just a shame that in his time here he has had 2 long term injurys
heysham_mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:29 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
Fgh shrimp wrote:Sorry sharpy you are talking b....ks fraser is a very good player and is good at what he does just ask sammy how big a loss the guy was when he got injured

he is a good player just a shame that in his time here he has had 2 long term injurys

I always felt nervous with Fraser in midfield. Sometimes he was hard working and on fire, but his passing was frequently off the mark and he was a bit limp when he needed to get a shot on goal. However, he was a useful sub.
Caged Lion

Return to General Discussion