Jordan Connerton- is he a Dolly or a Shrimp?

Re: Jordan Connerton- is he a Dolly or a Shrimp?

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Mike Blackstone wrote:[quote="Shrimpster" hes been attracting scouts from league one, two, championship and even premiership clubs, Leeds, Doncaster, Preston, Bolton, Burnley and Celtic.

And Exeter City![/quote]

That would be you then, Mike?

:lol:
morecambe mick

Postby Mike Blackstone » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:14 pm

morecambe mick wrote: That would be you then, Mike? lol:

Initially, yes, but since then he has been watched by the club's northern scout. Not the first time this has happened. I also recommended winger Craig Noone when he played for Burscough, now at Plymouth and loaned this season to Exeter!
Mike Blackstone

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:44 pm

parceldave wrote:Absolutely Glen , Happy New Year , glad we agree, im off to bed while the going is good, only 6 hrs before those bells start ringing . :)

Nice to see two previously warring parties cuddling up in the New Year :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby parceldave » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 pm

marky No.1 wrote:
parceldave wrote:Absolutely Glen , Happy New Year , glad we agree, im off to bed while the going is good, only 6 hrs before those bells start ringing . :)

Nice to see two previously warring parties cuddling up in the New Year :lol:

Absolutely, we havn't had one disagreement this year about any of the team's performances or formations and i dont think anything will change this week either . ;) . Let's hope normal sevices will be resumed soon. :)
parceldave

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:18 pm

"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby darrenlock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Exeter City looking at Jordan Connerton no surprise they as a Charlton fan we had Stuart Fleetwood from Forest Green Rover's and he went up 4 levels from the conference when we signed him and he scored alot of goals before we signed him but the pressure of the step up and the nerves of championship football effected his game.

So now Fleetwood is now on loan from Charlton to Exeter city for the rest of the season and would not surprise me if they make a offer for Jordan Connerton there a decent club Exeter they would probably go down this season to league 2 any-way lol.

I might go and help Lancaster clear the snow tomorrow and hope game is on any takers joining me.
darrenlock

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:05 pm

Heysham_Shrimp wrote:http://www.lep.co.uk/morecambe-fc/McIlroy39s-frustration-in-Connerton-chase.5985493.jp

Sounds like they want to keep him and are just hoping that we find someone else
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:38 pm

Tony Hesketh is confident that Jordan will be moving on before the transfer window closes.

Broadcasted on Radio Lancashire Sport : Non league review. Friday 15 January
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby shrimpnsave » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:41 pm

Christies Child wrote:Tony Hesketh is confident that Jordan will be moving on before the transfer window closes.

are you SURE neil... :lol: :lol: 8-)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:38 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Tony Hesketh is confident that Jordan will be moving on before the transfer window closes.

are you SURE neil... :lol: :lol: 8-)

No!

;) ;) ;)
Christies Child

Postby Robert Jackson » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:34 pm

I believe there's an inspection at noon tomorrow at the Giant Axe, so might go along and have a look at the lad.

It might also boost the crowd to 200!
Robert Jackson

Postby outsider » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:04 pm

The inspection is at 11, there might be a few Shrimp's lurking about, on a scouting mission ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Lancaster City v Salford - 16 January

A pitch inspection is scheduled for 11am.

Help required! The club is looking for volunteers to help get the pitch fit for the match on Saturday 16 January. If you can spare some time tomorrow morning it would be very much appreciated, however please ring the club on 01524 382238 before you set off.

All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:11 pm

I wonder if Sammy will go to the game to have a look at him before he goes any further with the transfer bid
heysham_mfc

Postby darrenlock » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:12 pm

Im sure if Morecambe want him offer them 20.000 and say you can keep him till end of season done deal lol.
darrenlock

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:56 pm

I see Lancaster won 4-1 in front of 262 with Connerton scoring another. Any Shrimps there? Whats the verdict on Connerton? Could he cut it in the Football League? Is he any better than Aaron Taylor who would also no doubt score a bag full in the Unibond.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby outsider » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:14 pm

He did ok, came off limping tho, took his goal well, but I'm no expert. I did like Roger Sharrock tho a tricky winger who came thru our academy
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby james456 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:45 pm

He did fairly well overall - crisp passing (created the third goal), ok in the air and took his goal well. First touch was ok. He didn't really get the opportunity to show any pace but he didn't look slow.

One negative though - he missed a one on one. Clear through and tried to go around the keeper I think but lost the ball under his feet and had to backtrack before losing it which was not a good sign.

Overall, after watching him I'm still not sure whether or not he could make it at L2 level. I think we'd have to just take the risk or look elsewhere.
james456

Postby Christies Child » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:29 pm

james456 wrote:He did fairly well overall - crisp passing (created the third goal), ok in the air and took his goal well. First touch was ok. He didn't really get the opportunity to show any pace but he didn't look slow.

One negative though - he missed a one on one. Clear through and tried to go around the keeper I think but lost the ball under his feet and had to backtrack before losing it which was not a good sign.

Overall, after watching him I'm still not sure whether or not he could make it at L2 level. I think we'd have to just take the risk or look elsewhere.

A fair assessment, but how many one on ones have we missed this season and in seasons past?

Even accomplished Premier stars miss 'em!

Still worth us talking to City about a deal.....assuming that THEY will talk to us.

Sharrock and another City player are being monitered by Leeds and Derby I seem to recall having read somewhere.
Christies Child

Postby james456 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Christies Child wrote:
james456 wrote:He did fairly well overall - crisp passing (created the third goal), ok in the air and took his goal well. First touch was ok. He didn't really get the opportunity to show any pace but he didn't look slow.

A fair assessment, but how many one on ones have we missed this season and in seasons past?

Still worth us talking to City about a deal.....assuming that THEY will talk to us.

Sharrock and another City player are being monitered by Leeds and Derby I seem to recall having read somewhere.

Its just the fact that yesterday was the only time I've seen him play and that one event was significant in my assessment of him.
But point taken - for all we know he might score 9 in 10 of his 1v1 chances and I was unlucky to see him miss that one chance in that particular game. He's still definitely worth a further look at.

Oh and also... a certain Ken Parker was at the game with the Lancaster directors. But I don't think he deals with player transfers so maybe means nothing...
james456

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:26 pm

james456 wrote:
Christies Child wrote:

Its just the fact that yesterday was the only time I've seen him play and that one event was significant in my assessment of him.
But point taken - for all we know he might score 9 in 10 of his 1v1 chances and I was unlucky to see him miss that one chance in that particular game. He's still definitely worth a further look at.

... a certain KOh and alsoen Parker was at the game with the Lancaster directors. But I don't think he deals with player transfers so maybe means nothing...

Ken is a big mate of John Bagguleys I believe.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Shrimpster » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:15 pm

roger sharrocks has been watched by scouts from rochdale and bury.
Shrimpster

Previous

Return to General Discussion