Christies child arena

Re: Christies child arena

Postby P/T Indie » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:34 pm

Maybe it is overpriced compared to abroad but if you look at all the other prices across league 2 that will still be one of the cheapest, most clubs are charging £18 to sit down now.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby campdave » Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:55 pm

P/T Indie wrote:Maybe it is overpriced compared to abroad but if you look at all the other prices across league 2 that will still be one of the cheapest, most clubs are charging £18 to sit down now.

My point it that football is stupidly expensive across the board in this country. Germany has it right - dirt cheap admission, lots of standing, letting fans have a drink and has massive attendances.

In England, fans mostly seem like consumers, fleeced for as much as clubs think they can get away with. Anyway, rant over.
campdave

Postby shrimper » Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:34 pm

Not a rant, you make a good point. Our club has always offered good value and I hope that continues.

Far better to get people in feeling they've got a good deal and then encourage them to spend some more once they're in (food and drink etc) than to charge them too much. That'll either put them off coming at all or get them coming feeling a bit ripped off and then keeping their money in their pockets once they're in.

I think the club can increase prices a little, people would expect that in a new stadium and with very few increases in recent years, but not too much.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm

hope we can still get pie peas and gravy missed out on the treat of the week onb Saturday so hope they are ordering more in for the Barnet match ;)
heysham_mfc

Postby Caged Lion » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:20 pm

campdave wrote:
P/T Indie wrote:On the pricing I think £15 to stand & £16 to sit seems to be reasonable for this league.

Personally, it's over-priced in my opinion for tier 4 football, but that's football in this country. I've bought two tickets to a Ligue 1 match for less than your proposed prices. There's a reason why stadiums up and down the country are deserted.

I agree with P/T Indie on the terracing prices, maybe even sticking the away fans for £16 (a bit cheeky perhaps but they can always go in the new seated area too). I think £18 for walk-ons into the new seated area, why not?
Caged Lion

Postby Old Man Kensey » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:11 am

I agree that the main stand and even the away end should be looking at a price increase due to the improvements of those areas. The home end and the new carwash side are not seeing any sort of real improvement and for me shouldn't have to pay anymore than they do now.
On a machine like this
Everybody gets their hands oily
Old Man Kensey

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:20 am

Old Man Kensey wrote:I agree that the main stand and even the away end should be looking at a price increase due to the improvements of those areas. The home end and the new carwash side are not seeing any sort of real improvement and for me shouldn't have to pay anymore than they do now.

I tend to agree with you on this one.

As a season ticket hoder in the main stand at CP I would be prepared to pay an extra couple of quid to take benefit of the additional facilities, even though I doubt whether I will really be able to afford it due to circumstances. I'd even pay a premium to have a guaranteed car parking place as at other clubs. And as a shareholder I think that I and others should be given options along similar lines with regards to car parking.

I'm all for charging away fans more BUT keep the prices for the new home stand as they are or at the very most, increase by £1 with a guarantee to keep the new price for 24 months.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby mrpotatohead » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:45 am

premium parking for the unemployed :lol: :lol:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby campdave » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:35 am

So because other clubs charge us more to go to their stadiums, we want to charge their fans more to come and see us.

Lowest common demoniator thinking if I ever saw it.
campdave

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:52 am

mrpotatohead wrote:premium parking for the unemployed :lol: :lol:

That is a bit below the belt and totally uncalled for! :evil:
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:05 pm

They are doing the steelwork on the Eastern end of the main stand today.
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:14 pm

campdave wrote:So because other clubs charge us more to go to their stadiums, we want to charge their fans more to come and see us.

Couldn't agree more. It's a business, not a charity shop. You should always charge as much as the market can stand. £18 isn't unreasonable for seating in a new stadium.
Caged Lion

Postby Keith » Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:57 pm

Caged Lion wrote:
campdave wrote:So because other clubs charge us more to go to their stadiums, we want to charge their fans more to come and see us.

Couldn't agree more. It's a business, not a charity shop. You should always charge as much as the market can stand. £18 isn't unreasonable for seating in a new stadium.

Not at all, I'm with campdave on this one. Firstly, I think that charging away fans extra can be counter productive anyway. We get pee'd off with clubs that charge us extra. If they charge us £2 more for 100 fans (for example) they only need about 12 fans to think 'stuff it, I'm not going back there to that rip off bunch' and it isn't worth it. Take in to account those people (like me) who refuse on principle to buy a programme, pie or pint at any ground that charge me more than the home fans and you manage to lose money at the same time as damaging reputation.

Fortunately we've got a club that treat people well, with respect, regardless of whether they are Morecambe fans or away fans, long may it last.
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby campdave » Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:10 pm

Caged Lion wrote:

£18? Taking the piss IMO. I don't want to become like Bradford, charging an arm and a leg just because we've got some seats, a roof and somewhere selling a pie at half-time.
campdave

Postby steve mfc » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:24 pm

I tend to agree with the people who don't think we should charge more for away fans, i can understand why some posters on here think we should but there are several reasons why we shouldn't go down that road.

To start with just because other clubs do it doesnt make it right and as Keith has said we could actually lose out. If a supporter only goes to a number of away games in a season then the cost and facilities, atmosphere and overall experience will be the deciding factors.

The new ground will hopefully tick all those boxes and if we charge them the same price as our supporters then we should see a increase in the fans comming to Morecambe.

After all we are fairly dependant on the visiting fans, they do make up a significant percentage of the overall attendance so we should do all we can to encourage them to come to the new ground.
steve mfc

Postby Posh » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:08 pm

steve mfc wrote:I tend to agree with the people who don't think we should charge more for away fans, i can understand why some posters on here think we should but there are several reasons why we shouldn't go down that road.

To start with just because other clubs do it doesnt make it right and as Keith has said we could actually lose out. If a supporter only goes to a number of away games in a season then the cost and facilities, atmosphere and overall experience will be the deciding factors.

The new ground will hopefully tick all those boxes and if we charge them the same price as our supporters then we should see a increase in the fans comming to Morecambe.

After all we are fairly dependant on the visiting fans, they do make up a significant percentage of the overall attendance so we should do all we can to encourage them to come to the new ground.

Well said. Do unto others as you would do unto yourself.

The top performing businesses in the country, like John Lewis, are those providing great service, great products and at a reasoable price. Football clubs should be no different in my opinion.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby Shire Shrimp » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:25 pm

campdave wrote:I don't want to become like Bradford, charging an arm and a leg just because we've got some seats, a roof and somewhere selling a pie at half-time.

Quite right.

There's no need to hike ticket prices up just because the facilities have improved. The improved facilities should generate additional income for the club on their own merits, by encouraging and enticing the fans to spend more and stay longer.
Shire Shrimp

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:37 pm

£18 for the main stand would see attendances drop, and I don't think our club would be stupid enough to charge those kind of prices. £16 tops to sit and watch Morecambe IMO
Crooky MFC

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:53 pm

How many times have you not gone to an away match because its £2 more than you would like to pay? - none

How many extra away fans go to Moss Rose because its cheap to get in and they don't rip you off for a programme? -none

Charge the market rate - you don't get any thanks, extra points or extra revenue by not charging the market rate -a bit of goodwill maybe but thats not what we are moving for!.

I'm sure the board want the club to stand on it's own two feet and not to need the support of a generous benefactor - charging £13 to watch league football in a brand new stadium wouldn't seem like good business sense to me - this is not a charity - the club needs more revenue from ALL income streams - wake up that means all of us!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby Caged Lion » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:05 pm

Keith wrote:Not at all, I'm with campdave on this one. Firstly, I think that charging away fans extra can be counter productive anyway. We get pee'd off with clubs that charge us extra. If they charge us £2 more for 100 fans (for example) they only need about 12 fans to think 'stuff it, I'm not going back there to that rip off bunch' and it isn't worth it. Take in to account those people (like me) who refuse on principle to buy a programme, pie or pint at any ground that charge me more than the home fans and you manage to lose money at the same time as damaging reputation.

Fair point re charging away fans extra, as I said 'a bit mean'. However I am not sure that serious followers of any club are going to stay away from a game if they are charged an extra quid, what they want more than anything is to watch their team play. Fans coming to New Christie Park have 2 choices...pay plenty for a comfy seat or less to stand.

Re the programme/pie/pint issue. To be honest Keith that sounds a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face. In 40 years of watching football games I have bought a programme for every game and still have them stached in various old suitcases. There is only one game I went to and couldn't get a programme Burnley v West Brom about 10 years ago, got stuck in heavy traffic and they had sold out. Perhaps you have one to spare?
Caged Lion

Postby campdave » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:06 am

SkinnyShrimp wrote:How many times have you not gone to an away match because its £2 more than you would like to pay? - none

Really - I factor away teams admittance costs into which matches I go to - went to Bradford once and never again, and won't pay what Rochdale's entrance price.
campdave

Postby Heysham_red » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:21 am

I have an idea!!

the club sets a standard price for tickets over a season to both sets of fans. lets say £15.

the club offers online sales of tickets, maybe printed ones or ones that are picked up at the turnstiles or even ordered over the phone.

you register for a ticket for a game on Saturday up to a week before or whatever date. that £15 comes straight out of your bank account, however the attendance dictates how much you actually pay for the ticket. so for example if the attendance goes over 2000, then you actually only pay £14. and either get a £1 voucher for the next game or it returned to your account. if it goes over 2250 then you pay £13 etc etc. the same principle could be applied to how the away end works except there would be added benefits, stewarding numbers could be dictated a few days before a game as could food orders etc. obviously the total numbers ordered online would not reflect the exact numbers but the price on the date could also be dictated by the online sales.

now OK i ve thought about this and to be honest we wouldn't benefit the most from this we are too small but someone like Blackburn or Preston could make a killing as they essentially reward fans.

i would love to know what people think because I am practically patting myself on the back at this! :mrgreen:

I have a shed load of ideas to make the experience better. Is there a marketing job coming up at the new stadium or do i post on here? ;)
Heysham_red

Postby shrimper » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:29 am

SkinnyShrimp wrote:How many times have you not gone to an away match because its £2 more than you would like to pay? - none

How many extra away fans go to Moss Rose because its cheap to get in and they don't rip you off for a programme? -none

Charge the market rate - you don't get any thanks, extra points or extra revenue by not charging the market rate -a bit of goodwill maybe but thats not what we are moving for!.

I'm sure the board want the club to stand on it's own two feet and not to need the support of a generous benefactor - charging £13 to watch league football in a brand new stadium wouldn't seem like good business sense to me - this is not a charity - the club needs more revenue from ALL income streams - wake up that means all of us!

I've seen numerous threads on here where lots of fans say they aren't going to particular away grounds because of how much they charge. There have been others where they've made a point of saying they ARE going to certain places (when they were wavering) because of decent ticket prices.

There are also a lot of people who are looking at the new stadium concept and hoping it's not going to be a rip-off.

The hard core will go whatever - but the club will reduce the size and frequency of that number by over-charging.

If you get people in thinking they've got a reasonable deal, they'll be happy to spend more when they're in.

It's about striking a fair balance.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby campdave » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:33 am

Heysham_red wrote:I have an idea!!

the club sets a standard price for tickets over a season to both sets of fans. lets say £15.

the club offers online sales of tickets, maybe printed ones or ones that are picked up at the turnstiles or even ordered over the phone.

you register for a ticket for a game on Saturday up to a week before or whatever date. that £15 comes straight out of your bank account, however the attendance dictates how much you actually pay for the ticket. so for example if the attendance goes over 2000, then you actually only pay £14. and either get a £1 voucher for the next game or it returned to your account. if it goes over 2250 then you pay £13 etc etc. the same principle could be applied to how the away end works except there would be added benefits, stewarding numbers could be dictated a few days before a game as could food orders etc. obviously the total numbers ordered online would not reflect the exact numbers but the price on the date could also be dictated by the online sales.

now OK i ve thought about this and to be honest we wouldn't benefit the most from this we are too small but someone like Blackburn or Preston could make a killing as they essentially reward fans.

i would love to know what people think because I am practically patting myself on the back at this! :mrgreen:

I have a shed load of ideas to make the experience better. Is there a marketing job coming up at the new stadium or do i post on here? ;)

Sounds wonderful, but a logistical nightmare.
campdave

Postby mrpotatohead » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:40 am

I sit in the main stand, so things will be as usual for me at the ccs, but i would be jacked off if i liked to stand at the halfway line, on a roofless terrace, the new stadium seems geared up to try and be 3 sided, anyone outside of the man stand are just cattle, i do not mind away fans being fleeced, but the north stand and paddock fans deserve a bit better.
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion