Shrimps share training facilities

Shrimps share training facilities

Postby Christies Child » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:28 pm

Radio Lancashire reported today that we have been sharing training facilities with Man United this week at their multi pound training ground on the outskirts of Manchester.

I'm sure that the United players enjoyed sharing the limelight with our lads! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder if there are any bushes surrounding the complex.......... ;) ;) ;)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Shrimps share training facilities

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:49 pm

sure is!
Attachments
mufc3.jpg
mufc3.jpg (34.06 KiB) Viewed 2873 times
heysham_mfc

Postby Burnley Shrimp » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:17 pm

So presumably Sammy can still pull a few strings at Utd to get the use of such a fantastic facility. Or has someone else arranged it?

Will it help us to hit the ground running when things finally get underway again?

Can Sammy help to get a strong Utd team down for the opening game at the new Sainsbury Stadium? If not Utd who will it be? If not Sainsburys who will it be?

So many questions, so few answers. The tension is killing me.
Burnley Shrimp

Postby George Dawes » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:So presumably Sammy can still pull a few strings at Utd to get the use of such a fantastic facility. Or has someone else arranged it?

Will it help us to hit the ground running when things finally get underway again?

Can Sammy help to get a strong Utd team down for the opening game at the new Sainsbury Stadium? If not Utd who will it be?

good shout
George Dawes

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:40 pm

Burnley Shrimp wrote:

Can Sammy help to get a strong Utd team down for the opening game at the new Sainsbury Stadium? If not Utd who will it be? If not Sainsburys who will it be?

So many questions, so few answers. The tension is killing me.

But everyone knows it will be Barrow for the first game at the new stadium. We always play Barrow in pre-season, yes, it will be Barrow, Barrow, Barrow!!! :lol:
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby mrpotatohead » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:16 pm

pre season friendly against barrow would be ideal as a testimonial game for wayne curtis, decent crowd etc, dress rehersal for a bigger club second game :?:
Surprise sex is the best thing to wake up to, unless you're in prison.
mrpotatohead

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:11 pm

The Visitor reported the other week we are to play an un-named premiership team for the first game :)
heysham_mfc

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:22 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:The Visitor reported the other week we are to play an un-named premiership team for the first game :)

its gota be manc :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:09 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:The Visitor reported the other week we are to play an un-named premiership team for the first game :)

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Wigan Athletic.

Remember their first game at the JB Stadium was v us...albeit to test out their stewarding proceedures.

Man Utd would be excellent and most peoples first option and it could possibly be, especially as we have been using their Training Ground at Carrington of late. But the Wigan connection could suggest otherwise.
Christies Child

Postby P/T Indie » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:55 pm

I am going for Blackburn when the agreement for the reserves ended wasn't there a suggestion they would play a game at the new ground.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:06 pm

Which ever premiership team it is it will only be there 2nd team as most of the first teams will be in far flung places playing silly pre season tournaments
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby B.H.C #3 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:37 pm

Are you sure they have been training at carrington??
B.H.C #3

Postby outsider » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 pm

It will be Coventry City...............

well i can hope can't I :lol: :lol: :lol:
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby Christies Child » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:59 pm

B.H.C #3 wrote:Are you sure they have been training at carrington??

Reported by Radio Lancashire Sport last Friday.

You should know by now that I only post what I hear or read elsewhere. :shock:

I'm not one for starting rumours without 'back up' evidence as proof. The mods wouldn't stand for it! :evil:
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:28 pm

Christies Child wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Wigan Athletic.

Remember their first game at the JB Stadium was v us...albeit to test out their stewarding proceedures.

Man Utd would be excellent and most peoples first option and it could possibly be, especially as we have been using their Training Ground at Carrington of late. But the Wigan connection could suggest otherwise.

we did indeed play the first game at the JJB Stadium and there was a pre season game against a Wigan side which was almost the same team that just lost to a last min Crespo goal a week later in the first premiership game.
heysham_mfc

Postby B.H.C #3 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Sorry CC, i just thought they had trained at the soccer dome in manchester not at carrington. I heard stockport and bury were there also.
B.H.C #3

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:06 am

B.H.C #3 wrote:Sorry CC, i just thought they had trained at the soccer dome in manchester not at carrington. I heard stockport and bury were there also.

No apology needed, you posted what you believed to be the case...no harm in that!
Christies Child

Postby mfcbro » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:18 pm

I also heard it was the soccer dome in Manchester and we had to lend two footballs from Bury fc because the local lads in the minibus couldnt make it.
mfcbro

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:26 pm

My apology to all SVs. It would appear that my post following Radio Lancashire's broadcast about training at Man Utd was a load of crap. :oops: :oops: :oops:

The lads have, as others suggested been training at the Soccer Dome in Manchester. This has been confirmed in todays Visitor.

Once again my apology, that'll teach me not to post what is broadcast without checking first. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I suppose I could be classed as SVs answer to Alistair Campbell.....'would you seriously believe anything that that guy says.....' :?: :?: :?:
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:51 pm

Christies Child wrote:My apology to all SVs. It would appear that my post following Radio Lancashire's broadcast about training at Man Utd was a load of crap. :oops: :oops: :oops:

The lads have, as others suggested been training at the Soccer Dome in Manchester. This has been confirmed in todays Visitor.

Once again my apology, that'll teach me not to post what is broadcast without checking first. :oops: :oops: :oops:

I suppose I could be classed as SVs answer to Alistair Campbell.....'would you seriously believe anything that that guy says.....' :?: :?: :?:

taking about reports in the visitor we were supposed to be playing a man utd team but it had to be called off because the man u squad have gone away to a winter training camp
heysham_mfc

Postby mfcbro » Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:36 pm

You were half right c.c. we were supposed to be playing a man utd 11 and that was going to be played at Carrington.
mfcbro

Return to General Discussion