Lets put it behind us and look forward to Saturday

Re: Druken youths spoilt the game....

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:00 pm

MTID wrote:I was stood at the back near the kids, and it was only 3 or 4 who were going over the top, due to a bit to much shandy! But no one was chucked out just moved.

Ive got to stick up for the rest of them though. There was no abusive chants to stewards and the most abusive they got to the Forrest fans was ''Your not famous anymore''

At least they tried making some kind of atmosphere, for i thought the rest of the MFC faithfull were dead it was that quiet.

Thank you thats all we did make a load of noise unlike other people we kept it going all the way though the game none stop !.
mfcboy

Postby Moose » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:01 pm

I wouldn't class myself as an older fan, just one who respects authority.
I have no problem whatsoever with the singing, you are right, they brought atmosphere to the game.
My objection was to the continuous chant of 'stand up', there was no joke left in it at all, just done to annoy the stewards, it went on far too long.
You are right, they were not doing too much wrong.
I also think you'll find the only time somebody from our stand told them to 'shut up' was during the countless recitals of 'Stand up...' when the stewards were clearly annoyed.

Nuff said, over and out.
Moose

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:06 pm

Moose wrote:I wouldn't class myself as an older fan, just one who respects authority.
I have no problem whatsoever with the singing, you are right, they brought atmosphere to the game.
My objection was to the continuous chant of 'stand up', there was no joke left in it at all, just done to annoy the stewards, it went on far too long.
You are right, they were not doing too much wrong.
I also think you'll find the only time somebody from our stand told them to 'shut up' was during the countless recitals of 'Stand up...' when the stewards were clearly annoyed.

Nuff said, over and out.

:lol: Some of the stewards where laughing though i sore them smiling and that .I fort i should of not got moved to be honest but things happen .
mfcboy

Postby Jody » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:11 pm

I didn't want to get involved in this chant but just one thing..
Nobody at this football club is against people singing and getting behind the team.
However, when songs are sung aimed at the opposition fans, and people start goading fans it just makes us look stupid. If you want to sing, by all means get behind the team and sing songs of that nature. If you just want to sing to annoy the opposition fans, then don't feel aggrieved when people have a go at you.
I remember when Morecambe was a friendly club, and we had witty, funny chants. Unfortunately at the minute this is no longer the case.
Jody

Postby Crooky MFC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm only 15 years old and i love singing at the games. But I agree that last night was just unacceptable. It was a shame and it did ruin the night unfortunatly :( It was ok at the start, abit of banter with the opposition fans ETC, but as the game wore on you could see that something was going to happen. I know a few of them and I know that they were just trying to have a laugh, and I don't think they would have acted like that if they were sober. Anyhow, I hope that we can sing our OWN songs from now on, not FC united songs.

Bring me sunshine needs to be sung WITHOUT the clapping, otherwise it just ends up going to fast and sounds rather pathetic.
Crooky MFC

Postby T- Shrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:42 pm

I agree with both sides of the argument, the swearing and behaviour towards the stewards was unacceptable, but the fact that we were trying to get behind our team was fine. I agree with Jody aswell we shouldn't sing songs to the opposition, getting them angry, without expecting to get told to sit down and that is my only regret because i admitt i did join in with the songs etc.. getting behind the team is all we should of done last night, and joining in with the songs to the opposition was my only regret because i diden't get sent out once because when ever they said sit down i just sat down and i diden't swear at the stewards. Also a few of the boys were abit drunk so they will not of acted that way if sober. I also agree with Wild Bill about we weren't doing to much wrong and boys will be boys and we will grow up. My Say Over !! :D :D 8-)
Last edited by T- Shrimp on Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T- Shrimp

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:44 pm

T-Shrimp well put there that is excatly what I was saying it was only the minority OTT.
Morecamber

Postby MTID » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:45 pm

Jody thats just it, there wasn't any abuse or goading to the Forest fans!!! There were 2 chants all night at the forest fans ''Your not famous anymore'' There was no Forest fans there to abuse!! :lol:

I agree with the ''Stand up'' arguement first time was funny the rest wasn't.

This incident has been blown well over the top in true Shrimpsvoices style.

Anyhow, I hope that we can sing our OWN songs from now on, not FC united songs.

Please tell me apart from 'Bring me sunshine' (which is sung horribly wrong, whats with the clapping?) are our OWN songs??
MTID

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Guys this is my first post (well second actually as I did write a bigger rant this morning but not sure why it hasn't appeared!? - probably for the best)

I think most things have been said with regard to the title of this thread and it appears the majority feel the same way I do. I live in West Bridgford, Nottingham and couldn't wait for this tie - I work with loads of Forrest fans and have been waxing lyrical about Morecambe's style of play, recent cup successes and fantastic first season in the football league. As supported by the recent press reports, I also told them what a good set of fans we have, how vocal and passionate they are in supporting the team with witty, good natured banter and how friendly they are.
Last night I felt embarrassed, disappointed and let down - and I’m in no way talking about the team!
As I say most things have already been said but I know Sammy and the team have done an excellent job in stepping up to football league standard and I think its time some of us fans accepted our responsibilities as ambassadors for our club and town and did the same. We are all now enjoying visiting places such as Wolves, Sheff Utd and Nottingham Forrest but we must remember these are Championship clubs with much higher profiles and more over zealous stewards than we are used to and whilst we have all seen examples of some stewards going over the top and being anal, I think it was the reverse last night and they should have sorted this issue out in the first 20 minutes. What makes some of us think that because we support Morecambe and have travelled for 3 hours the rules don't apply to us?
Come on guys get behind the boys, make some noise but grow up a little and don't spoil things for yourselves and others - this is the greatest time ever for Morecambe Football Club and we should all be loving it and revealing in the success of the team and the excellent reputation of the club and its fans.

Come on you Shrimps keep it real!
SkinnyShrimp

Postby SSDD » Thu Aug 14, 2008 12:56 pm

this is stupid! never heard so much drovel in my whole life....the fact a few young supporters like to sing..yes stand up if you love morecambe went over the top the 3rd or 4th or 5th and definatly the sixth time! but even after the final whistle singing "were gna win 5-4" thats the morecambe banter! no harm done! and "have you ever won in europe have you f**k" thats banter! as for singing songs that are our songs we would be stuck! weve got bring me sunshine...and half of you fuckwits dont know the words! and it is ruined by the clapping and the speed of it! but hey were singing it! 3 really good songs last night "there ehre there there there every f**king where empty seats" "trent end give us a song" and the new one....which is only song by fc united and now us! how many people sing la la la laaa laaaa *TEAM* or you are my *TEAM?PLAYER* youmake me happy when skys are grey etc! come on north stand shrimp get a grip no one else sings it but fc united why you even botherd you dont sing anyway you big ox!
SSDD

Re: Drunken youths spoilt the game....

Postby Morecamber » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:10 pm

I honestly think SSDD is MfcBoy in disguise.
Morecamber

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:27 pm

At the very first time of the "stand up" chant I was pulled to one side and told I was on my final warning, for me this began the ill-feeling towards the stewards. I sat down throughout after that - something I would never ever do. With about 10 mins left i moved seats because I couldn't see anymore as the lad in front of me stood up, which i have no problem with. After moving the steward came up to me and pulled me to one side and started having a go at me again for standing up, the last time I had was a good hour ago. I persisted to argue with the steward (who was of a respectable age) about how unfair it was and she took me to one side again. I was then surrounded by the biggest couple of blokes I have ever seen who took it upon themselves to piss me about trying to decide whether or not to throw me out. I was furious but stayed calm and asked them why I was being thrown out for voicing my opinion about the poor quality of their customer relations. I asked them why they were allowing the Forest supporters to stand. She replied "we dont have any contact with other parts of the ground". For a club of that stature and everything that happened with Hillsborough, which they involved in, I thought that was disgraceful. Those were my exact words and I was then told "you can't voice your opinion to me". This woman was in her 50s!! After spending a while deciding whether or not they would eject me, eventually they did and I immediatly marched to the nearest security guard and protested some more and he agreed with me!! Full time came and a number of people of all ages came to me and said "their stewards are a disgrace!!" so I am genuinely quite surprised by this topic and think you need to lighten up a bit. I know this was probably a one off and was my personal experience but from starting off giddy and slowly petering out over the course of the game and to still be badgered for it is wrong. I have made it my intentions to behave myself this season after a couple of run-ins last year. Because of these reasons I have lodged a formal complaint to the football league about the stewards and will not say anything more on the matter.
Last edited by Bare Ben on Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bare Ben

Postby SSDD » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:45 pm

this topic is the same as last year... sheffield united! wolves and preston! at the end of the day everyone will never agree! and people will always complain when there not happy! shrimpsvoices is just a place where things get blown way way out of proportion! i think everybody has taken this most liked fans in the league to heart a bit much! end of the day we shouldnt care what other teams do or think! get over yourselves its not because of you were liked its a team effort!
SSDD

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:49 pm

At the end of the day it's all down to respect, or a complete lack of. Every ground has rules, if you can't respect their rules then don't go in.

I got a different view pitch side and to say it was just banter is wrong. Supporters were stood up taunting the stewards trying to get them to sit down. Talking to some of their stewards, that small group of supporters were an embarrasment and unfortunately that's what we will be remembered for.

What a great start for the friendliest team in britain.
Phoenix

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:56 pm

Phoenix wrote:At the end of the day it's all down to respect, or a complete lack of. Every ground has rules, if you can't respect their rules then don't go in.

I got a different view pitch side and to say it was just banter is wrong. Supporters were stood up taunting the stewards trying to get them to sit down. Talking to some of their stewards, that small group of supporters were an embarrasment and unfortunately that's what we will be remembered for.

What a great start for the friendliest team in britain.

Embarrasment we was not that bad when is it that morecambe are going to play there again not in a long while i think we had a laugh and no harm came to it accept from the stewards or some of them .They picked on teenagers not adults thats what anoyed me .
mfcboy

Postby Currey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:08 pm

Here is my opinion on the matter of last nights "little fiasco".

I admit that it was a great laugh and we all had a little to drink maybe...probly me the least to be honest cause I was feeling terrible anyway.

The stewards were out in force and from the word go, enforcedd all the rules they could asking Morecambe fans to sit down and not to make hand jestures ect ect. I feel to go against what a steward is saying, like we did by standing up is rather funny. As much I'm for getting up and supporting the club (as most of you know) I do think one or two of the chants last night were a little out of it tho, "stewards are w**kers" ect ect, there is no real need for it and it doesnt really make the game or atmosphere any better.

I now probly have 20 or so people shouting at there screens for what I have just said, but here is my opinion on something else that was bang out of order. THE STEWARDS at no time does a steward have any right to place a hand on any fan or drag them down stairs or use abusive language at them, it is part of there job to stay calm which they didnt. On a few occasions last nigth I saw Stewards doing things i felt unjust.

Also something I think we all noticed was that we had 7-10 stewards around us at all times were as Foests main singers in the top left who were also stood and shouting "abusive language" had only two and none were being told to sit down, so i feel as much as SOME morecambe fans and only a small few may have taken it too far I feel also the Steward seemed to be a little quick to stamp us out. Probly cause the 50 shrimps stood and outsang 3000 Forest mans.

My opinion over.
Currey

Postby The Red Knight » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:13 pm

SSDD wrote:this topic is the same as last year... sheffield united! wolves and preston!

Now there's an interesting point.

This never happens at home games and to be honest I've never seen it at the away games in the league I've been to.

Maybe it's just a case of certain people getting drunk for the big away days and over doing it?
The Red Knight

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:18 pm

A
Currey wrote:Here is my opinion on the matter of last nights "little fiasco".

I admit that it was a great laugh and we all had a little to drink maybe...probly me the least to be honest cause I was feeling terrible anyway.

The stewards were out in force and from the word go, enforcedd all the rules they could asking Morecambe fans to sit down and not to make hand jestures ect ect. I feel to go against what a steward is saying, like we did by standing up is rather funny. As much I'm for getting up and supporting the club (as most of you know) I do think one or two of the chants last night were a little out of it tho, "stewards are w**kers" ect ect, there is no real need for it and it doesnt really make the game or atmosphere any better.

I now probly have 20 or so people shouting at there screens for what I have just said, but here is my opinion on something else that was bang out of order. THE STEWARDS at no time does a steward have any right to place a hand on any fan or drag them down stairs or use abusive language at them, it is part of there job to stay calm which they didnt. On a few occasions last nigth I saw Stewards doing things i felt unjust.

Also something I think we all noticed was that we had 7-10 stewards around us at all times were as Foests main singers in the top left who were also stood and shouting "abusive language" had only two and none were being told to sit down, so i feel as much as SOME morecambe fans and only a small few may have taken it too far I feel also the Steward seemed to be a little quick to stamp us out. Probly cause the 50 shrimps stood and outsang 3000 Forest mans.

My opinion over.

All true they have no right when they did move me they shouted at me loudish and touched me they have no right like currey says and need to sort there selves out i should not of been moved in the first place!. love to see a top prem club there those stewards i bet would not say alot
Well done for the singing last night for who sang 1 by 1 forest fans shut up haha :lol:
mfcboy

Postby Joel Ninety » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:25 pm

We all know the the Pleb Ratio in Morecambe is pretty high, but do we want to so candidly have this on show on a national stage?

The team and supporters are travelling around the country, being shown on TV and written about in papers and on the internet. After winning the accolade of Friendliest Supporters or whatever it was officially called, we don't need people abusing opposing supporters and ground staff. Grow up, and show some respect.

Bare Ben is going about this the right way with his personal grievances. He's made a complaint because he feels wrongly persecuted. Mfcboy and SSDD and the rest of those tools gave up their rights to a fair discussion when they opened their mouths in the direction of the stewards, and then came on here and refused to use commas.
Joel Ninety

Postby Bare Ben » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:27 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:and then came on here and refused to use commas.

:lol:
Bare Ben

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:30 pm

Joel Ninety wrote:We all know the the Pleb Ratio in Morecambe is pretty high, but do we want to so candidly have this on show on a national stage?

The team and supporters are travelling around the country, being shown on TV and written about in papers and on the internet. After winning the accolade of Friendliest Supporters or whatever it was officially called, we don't need people abusing opposing supporters and ground staff. Grow up, and show some respect.

Bare Ben is going about this the right way with his personal grievances. He's made a complaint because he feels wrongly persecuted. SSDD and the rest of those tools gave up their rights to a fair discussion when they opened their mouths in the direction of the stewards, and then came on here and refused to use commas.

I was only saying whats true but bare ben is going the right away about it !..
mfcboy

Postby Phoenix » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:31 pm

mfcboy, your "shut up" reply is about the level I expected, sadly. Doesn't matter who they picked on, you didn't do as you were asked by stewards.
Phoenix

Postby mfcboy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:33 pm

Phoenix wrote:mfcboy, your "shut up" reply is about the level I expected, sadly. Doesn't matter who they picked on, you didn't do as you were asked by stewards.

What stand up about twice loads of ''people'' got told more than me!! It does matter who they PICKED on cant just pick on certain people'' !
mfcboy

Postby Currey » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:37 pm

Phoenix wrote:mfcboy, your "shut up" reply is about the level I expected, sadly. Doesn't matter who they picked on, you didn't do as you were asked by stewards.

Agree and disagree. Yes we all didnt do as the stewards asked as I said I was stood the whole came chanting away. And not once was I asked to move, sit down, shut up or anything. Probly because I know how to conduct myself at a championship ground and how to handle my drink...

Dont forget lads you may feel the forest stewards were a little OTT and in some cases they were but they used to alot bigger fan base and more hardcore, higher legue fans who if you give them an inch they will riot. I htink they just brought there skils they would use week in week out.
Currey

Postby SkinnyShrimp » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:49 pm

Currey is right - who do we think we are? Forrest, Wolves & Sheff Utd - all clubs we seem to think have got bad stewards who go over the top? - they steward far bigger games week in week out with many more fans of which some are much more volatile than ours - perhaps its not the stewards with the problem?
SkinnyShrimp

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion