O/T - British Airways

O/T - British Airways

Postby Plain Peter » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:25 pm

Our lad was supposed to fly back to Riyadh ce soir.
Checked the BA website yesterday - no problems, or anticipated ones.
Saw the liitle bugger off at the Gosport Ferry at 1230 today.
Lots of tears and all that.
He got the train to Woking, and bus to LHR.
Only to find his flight cancelled.
He should be back in Pompey at 2200GMT.
I'm OTL ( :o ), so it's a taxi fert lad.
Thats's 10 hours to get precisely nowhere, and (at least) £65 out of pocket.
He's got a decent employer, so shouldn't dip out on his salary.
And he's been put back until the Saturday night flight back to The Magic Kingdom.
More tearful goodbyes.
Not v.happy with BA.
Plain Peter

Re: O/T - British Airways

Postby Keith » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:52 pm

My flight out to Dom Rep was 27 hours late. Last Tuesday morning I awoke to a white blanket. Walked across to the airport to ask what was happening. Told it was put back until noon from 9:15am, but we had to check in as normal. I went back, got case, went back to airport to check in. Fortunately I'd not checked out of the hotel so I could sit around there for 4.5 hours. Why they couldn't tell passengers to check in later I don't know, especially as the aircraft wasn't even in Manchester.

Flying back tomorrow, can I expect delays? Is it still bad?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby shrimpnsave » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 pm

yawn yawn..i think ill go to bed,probally be more interesting :lol:
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby Christies Child » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:10 am

Keith wrote:My flight out to Dom Rep was 27 hours late. Last Tuesday morning I awoke to a white blanket. Walked across to the airport to ask what was happening. Told it was put back until noon from 9:15am, but we had to check in as normal. I went back, got case, went back to airport to check in. Fortunately I'd not checked out of the hotel so I could sit around there for 4.5 hours. Why they couldn't tell passengers to check in later I don't know, especially as the aircraft wasn't even in Manchester.

Flying back tomorrow, can I expect delays? Is it still bad?

Hope this isn't too late Keith....

Big thaw going on at the moment in the frozen North. Would expect your plane to land OK but then to 'skate' down the runway and eventually come to a halt...can't be sure if it will be within the outer limits of the air field...otherwise should be a pleasant flight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously you should have no problems...... :)
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Keith » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:00 am

Thanks Neil. I hate flying at the best of times! Tomorrow, anything more than two hours delay and I'll miss my onward flight to the Isle :shock: :?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:35 am

Our lad finally got his BA flight back to Riyadh yesterday.
Only 49 passengers onboard.
No wonder BA are in such a pickle - Adam Crozier should go and sort 'em out :lol:
Plain Peter

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:20 am

No wonder BA are in such a pickle - Adam Crozier should go and sort 'em out

He cant tell the difference between 1st and 2nd class. :o

BA are in ONEWORLD group , same as Finnair but it costs over £100 more for same flight . ie in Feb, Man - Hel £330 and £440. :o . EASYJET start in Feb £76 :D :D :D
parceldave

Postby George Dawes » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:18 am

i wont use BA now, there to much of a gamble, i always use opodo online and there you have a option to select/change flights with your holiday package

most people work all year and only have one family holiday a year to warmer climates, only for BA to ruin with there calamity's and carry on's
George Dawes

Postby Splodge » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:16 pm

And the snow didn't affect ANY other airline at all? You'd have been just as stuck flying easyJet out of Gatwick when that was closed, or Monarch when Manchester shut.

Also, just because there were only 49 passengers doesn't mean the flight didn't make money.
Splodge

Postby Plain Peter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:36 pm

Splodge wrote:And the snow didn't affect ANY other airline at all? You'd have been just as stuck flying easyJet out of Gatwick when that was closed, or Monarch when Manchester shut.

At the same time as my lad's BA flight was supposed to take-off on Monday from LHR a Saudi Arabian Airlines flight to Riyadh did take-off. BA's problem was either down to lack of available rolling-stock or staff shortages.

Splodge wrote:Also, just because there were only 49 passengers doesn't mean the flight didn't make money.

It won't have made any friends though.
Plain Peter

Return to General Discussion