Jordan Connerton- is he a Dolly or a Shrimp?

Jordan Connerton- is he a Dolly or a Shrimp?

Postby northstandshrimp2009 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:33 pm

Does anybody know wether Jordan Connertons a Mfc player or a Lancaster player.As theirs a few
rumours going about that hes signed for Morecambe F.c,Hes been banging the goals in for City all season and i think would be a good Aquisition to our Squad
northstandshrimp2009

Re: Jordan Connerton- is he a Dolly or a Shrimp?

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:43 pm

northstandshrimp2009 wrote:Does anybody know wether Jordan Connertons a Mfc player or a Lancaster player.As theirs a few
rumours going about that hes signed for Morecambe F.c,Hes been banging the goals in for City all season and i think would be a good Aquisition to our Squad

With respect to your opinion about being a good acquisition to our squad, he has been playing FOUR levels below League 2. That does not mean that he cannot step up to our level, and he may well do so, but "a good acquisition to our squad" would surely be someone from another League 2 club or League 1.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:18 pm

he would not be a good acqusition to the squad he would always just be back up if we signed him but with injurys that we have now I would rather sign a proved player that take a gamble on someone that is not proven. Also Lancaster want a fee for him so if he didn't do as well at Morecambe the only party that would lose out is us.
heysham_mfc

Postby ezz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:23 pm

For his age to have scored that many goal shows he has quality. They say those who can score plenty of goals can generally replicate that at a higher standard given the chance, so yes he would be a great aquisition to our squad in terms of potential.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby The Marksman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:32 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:he would not be a good acqusition to the squad he would always just be back up if we signed him but with injurys that we have now I would rather sign a proved player that take a gamble on someone that is not proven. Also Lancaster want a fee for him so if he didn't do as well at Morecambe the only party that would lose out is us.

Is he actually under contract there then? I thought it would just be a case of putting in seven days notice and then signing him.
The Marksman

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:35 pm

ezz wrote:For his age to have scored that many goal shows he has quality. They say those who can score plenty of goals can generally replicate that at a higher standard given the chance, so yes he would be a great aquisition to our squad in terms of potential.

quality at park level :lol:

ok,bring him on........more deadwood at cp........

and yes that is my humble opinion :)
football is a funny old game
shrimpnsave

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:57 pm

The Marksman wrote:
heysham_mfc wrote:he would not be a good acqusition to the squad he would always just be back up if we signed him but with injurys that we have now I would rather sign a proved player that take a gamble on someone that is not proven. Also Lancaster want a fee for him so if he didn't do as well at Morecambe the only party that would lose out is us.

Is he actually under contract there then? I thought it would just be a case of putting in seven days notice and then signing him.

he will have a contract there yes otherwise I don't think they would be able to stop him from signing for anyone else
heysham_mfc

Postby The Marksman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:09 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
The Marksman wrote:

he will have a contract there yes otherwise I don't think they would be able to stop him from signing for anyone else

Can they stop clubs signing him? I haven't read anywhere that they can, just that he'd been on trial elsewhere but not yet earnt a transfer. Most (pretty much all?) players at that level are on non-contract terms. I stand to be corrected, though.
The Marksman

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:31 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:
ezz wrote:For his age to have scored that many goal shows he has quality. They say those who can score plenty of goals can generally replicate that at a higher standard given the chance, so yes he would be a great aquisition to our squad in terms of potential.

Hmm , i wonder if that what Leeds fans thought when they got J. Beckford from Wealdstone, and now they are struggling to keep hold of him . ;) . This lad could be a good investment and we certainly need some youth in the side .

So who is the deadwood you are refering too, i'd hardly call Connerton deadwood at the age of 20 ish :o
Last edited by parceldave on Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parceldave

Postby The Marksman » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:59 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:

The truth is that none of us have any idea how good he'd be at our level - he'd be a giant question mark: could be great, could be average, could be rubbish. I reckon if we can get him at the right price he might be worth a punt, but really it's up to Sammy & Co who are better qualified than us to make that call.
The Marksman

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:05 pm

The Marksman wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

The truth is that none of us have any idea how good he'd be at our level - he'd be a giant question mark: could be great, could be average, could be rubbish. I reckon if we can get him at the right price he might be worth a punt, but really it's up to Sammy & Co who are better qualified than us to make that call.

point taken,but i will be very suprised if sm has him on is radar,no disrespect to jordon but he aint up to the job at L2
shrimpnsave

Postby HeyshamShrimper » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:37 pm

Id love to know how you know he is not up to league 2 level, give the boy a chance
HeyshamShrimper

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:41 pm

HeyshamShrimper wrote:Id love to know how you know he is not up to league 2 level, give the boy a chance

Because he has only scored goals FOUR levels below League 2. :?
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby HeyshamShrimper » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:44 pm

Sammy said last year, a goalscorer will score goals at any level, if we sign him trust in sammy's judgement
HeyshamShrimper

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Absolutely. Always trust Sammy, that's what he is paid for and usually he has got it right, so if Connerton is signed, fair enough.
seasonsinthesun

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:07 pm

HeyshamShrimper wrote:Id love to know how you know he is not up to league 2 level, give the boy a chance

ha....if i tell you can you keep a secret ;)
shrimpnsave

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:27 pm

In my view Jordan Connerton is worth a punt. Even if we paid Lancaster City we've spent a lot more on players who haven't worked out.

As for the debate about the ability to play at a higher level may I refer you to Kevin Phillips of Baldock Town; Matt Derbyshire of Great Harwood Town; Aaron McLean of Grays Athletic; Peter Crouch of Dulwich Hamlet etc. etc.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:

Oh and no other player has scored goals in a lower league and gone on to play in a much higher league and score :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
parceldave

Postby shrimpnsave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:46 pm

parceldave wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:

Oh and no other player has scored goals in a lower league and gone on to play in a much higher league and score :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

dave just goahead and sign him then :roll:
shrimpnsave

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:56 pm

No need to spit the Dummy , it was a simple question requiring a simple answer . Simple in it. :D
parceldave

Postby shrimper » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:02 pm

shrimpnsave wrote:

dave just goahead and sign him then :roll:[/quote]

He wasn't saying we should.

He was just saying that you can't 'know' he's not up to our level.
Just as it's a fact that you can't 'know' that merely because he scores at one level he can score at a higher level.

It's up to people who have watched him to make a professional assessment.

Wayne or Twissy might score as many at that level, as might Aaron.

Sammy will make the call - but you can't say one way or the other for definite.
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:09 pm

shrimper wrote:
shrimpnsave wrote:

dave just goahead and sign him then :roll:

He wasn't saying we should.

He was just saying that you can't 'know' he's not up to our level.
Just as it's a fact that you can't 'know' that merely because he scores at one level he can score at a higher level.

It's up to people who have watched him to make a professional assessment.

Wayne or Twissy might score as many at that level, as might Aaron.

Sammy will make the call - but you can't say one way or the other for definite.[/quote]

Absolutely Glen , Happy New Year , glad we agree, im off to bed while the going is good, only 6 hrs before those bells start ringing . :)
parceldave

Postby Shrimpster » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:13 pm

im sorry but how the hell can you question his ability when you havn't even been to watch the lad play. ive used to go to morecambe nearly every game and now ive been drawn away to Lancaster to watching them every home game this season. As i said ive watched this young lad play every game, hes head and shoulders above the rest in that league and should definatly be playing at football league level. He is on contract at lancaster which means if i club did come in for him they would have to agree a fee with lancaster etc, the trial that he went on was up at Motherwell for i think it was a week, where previously sacked manager jim gannon was very interested in signing him. hes been attracting scouts from league one, two, championship and even premiership clubs, Leeds, Doncaster, Preston, Bolton, Burnley and Celtic.

if you want to comment on a player no matter who they play for whether it being Local Rivals Lancaster, come and watch them play first before you judge them!

not only has connerton being the main attraction, weve been attracting scouts from rochdale and bury looking at two other players.
Shrimpster

Postby ezz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:46 pm

Fact is you don't know if he'd be a success here or not, but you cant say he wont be untill you've tried him out. He hasn't scored lots of goals through luck this season, he knows where the net is. If he has pace and lots of it then for me it's more than worth a punt, all young strikers with pace will get chances no matter what level they play at.
Get over it ;)
ezz

Postby Mike Blackstone » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:49 pm

[quote="Shrimpster" hes been attracting scouts from league one, two, championship and even premiership clubs, Leeds, Doncaster, Preston, Bolton, Burnley and Celtic. [/quote]

And Exeter City!
Mike Blackstone

Next

Return to General Discussion