Its snowing! O/T

Re: Its snowing! O/T

Postby Christies Child » Thu Dec 24, 2009 9:41 am

Carlisle United have just put out an appeal via Radio Cumbria for 50 volunteers to be at Brunton Park by 8.30am on Boxing Day to help in the removal of snow from exposed terracing and other areas of the ground including Car Parks.

I'm sure that our club will do the same if felt necessary.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby Stanley Bowles » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:08 am

Walked all the way home clutching my kebab, only to slip on my own doorstep. While falling my kebab flew into next doors garden :lol: The thud woke the missus up ,as she came to my aid . About 15 minutes passed before i managed to get up ,a good time was had by all Merry Xmas to you all :D :D :D :D
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby shrimper » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:18 am

That is absolutely disgusting to see in a prominent place.

I hope the CCTV cameras caught whoever was responsible and that he (or they) is identified and they get what they deserve.

A north west arts award! You really do have to larf, thanks campdave!
Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:13 am

Christies Child wrote:
Crooky MFC wrote:Hmmm, no frost forecast though. The snow is just covering the pitch, and surely could be removed from the pitch early Saturday morning. Im sure they'll be lots of people wanting to help, me included.

It's not just the pitch that has to be taken into consideration. Unfortunately the car park and surrounding streets are like skating rinks and could be classed as being too dangerous.

It will take more than a day with temperatures above freezing to rectify.

As for removing snow from the pitch, it will need a lot of hands to do it.

I want the game to go ahead, but not at the expence of spectators safety or as a footballing spectacle.

like this
http://www.wiganlatics.co.uk/page/NewsD ... 80,00.html
heysham_mfc

Postby Keith » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:15 am

Christies Child wrote:It's not just the pitch that has to be taken into consideration. Unfortunately the car park and surrounding streets are like skating rinks and could be classed as being too dangerous.

I wonder what state the terracing is like on the North Stand? Even though it is covered, it may have iced up?
“Britain faces a simple and inescapable choice - stability and strong Government with me, or chaos with Ed Miliband: ".

David Cameron. May 4th 2015.
So how did that work out then?
Keith
Site Admin

Postby Stanley Bowles » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:26 am

Come over on a boat Keith now and start brushing it. I will get them to play your favourite Leo Sayer tracks over the tanoy to pass the time :lol:
The dead don't have a choice - we do!
Stanley Bowles

Postby marky No.1 » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:03 pm

I hope you are there to catch the snowblower when it arrives! :lol:
Enjoy yourself.... It is later than you think
marky No.1

Postby Aspers » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:21 am

campdave wrote:
Anyone else seen this snowman on the prom?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campdave/4205557633/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campdave/4205556989/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/campdave/4205556389/

Just got this story in Oz.
never mentioned Morecambe
Aspers

Postby seasonsinthesun » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:49 pm

Has anyone noticed that it seems to finally be thawing a little bit tonight? Or is it just wishful thinking before the next Arctic blast cometh? :o
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby heysham_mfc » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:08 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:Has anyone noticed that it seems to finally be thawing a little bit tonight? Or is it just wishful thinking before the next Arctic blast cometh? :o

yes and just watched the weather and it seems after tommorow it will start to thaw out a bit so chances are we could have a game to go to on saturday if you are an away fan
heysham_mfc

Postby parceldave » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 pm

heysham_mfc wrote:
seasonsinthesun wrote:Has anyone noticed that it seems to finally be thawing a little bit tonight? Or is it just wishful thinking before the next Arctic blast cometh? :o

yes and just watched the weather and it seems after tommorow it will start to thaw out a bit so chances are we could have a game to go to on saturday if you are an away fan

Hope those bloody roads in Heysham have melted a bit , had a few scarey moments last week and got stuck a few times , a very nice man with a Freelander came to my rescue one day . :oops:
parceldave

Postby morecambe mick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:23 am

heysham_mfc wrote:

You should check the forecast for Hereford :(
-2 to -5 overnights.

Still going though, hotel booked, beer tokens saved up. Don't let (the lack of) football spoil your day :lol:
morecambe mick

Previous

Return to General Discussion