Carl Baker to Coventry tomorrow?

Carl Baker to Coventry tomorrow?

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/ ... ndex.shtml

Some extra money coming our way?

Good luck Carl.

You deserve the opportunity to progress.

Must be pleasing for Sammy and Mark to see a player who they had faith in go to a Championship club.

Over to you Mark Duffy!!!!!!!!

:) :) :)

Closer to home, I understand that Peter Davenport has been doing some scouting for us of late.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Re: Carl Baker to Coventry tomorrow?

Postby ockers » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

understand from whom?
ockers

Postby heysham_mfc » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Christies Child wrote:http://www.coventrycity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/city_hope_to_have_baker_deal_in_the_bag_480365/index.shtml

Some extra money coming our way?

Good luck Carl.

Must be pleasing for Sammy and Mark to see a player who they had faith in go to a Championship club.

:) :) :)

Closer to home, I understand that Peter Davenport has been doing some scouting for us of late.

loan signing maybe?
heysham_mfc

Postby Christies Child » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 pm

["ockers wrote:understand from whom?

Mike Hunt at Southport

[Thread edit] Here's what you might have missed. "Mike Hunt" posts on Southport forum. Obvious reference to 'Porky's' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084522/ a 1982 comedy. "Obvious" reference only 'obvious' to those of us of a certain age. Thread deteriorated into alternative versions of the same line and an occasional Simpson's reference. Because not everyone understood the joke, it got personal. If it wasn't for the relevance of the original posting, the thread would be locked instead of clearing it up.

In other words, you missed nothing.
Christies Child

Postby shrimper » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:16 pm

Is the glass half full or half empty? Mmmm? hard to say - but it does look like there's room for more beer!
shrimper

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:23 pm

good player coventry wont get promotion in championship no chance.
darrenlock

Postby Heysham_Shrimp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm

Carl has now signed for Coventry City :-

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 20,00.html
"They will be dancing in the streets of Total Network Solutions tonight" - Jeff Stelling
Heysham_Shrimp

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:08 pm

I wonder for how much?

On TFF County fans seemed to think he would prob go cheap due to their problems.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby P/T Indie » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:22 pm

I had a feeling it would be an undisclosed fee so that they can get around paying us the full amount.
Eintracht Branschweigs answer to Shrimps Voices

http://eintracht-demo.forumieren.com/index.htm

For a great footballing day out
P/T Indie

Postby Southern Shrimp » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:26 pm

Anyone know what sort of cut we are due from Stockport? Would love to know how much he has gone for, around £500k would seem sensible to me given the current transfer/financial climate
Southern Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:03 pm

heysham_mfc

Postby The Marksman » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:12 am

Baker has signed a three-year deal as County paid £175,000 for his services. That figure could rise to £225,000 dependant on appearances.

So we're due nowt.
The Marksman

Postby heysham_mfc » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:24 am

The Marksman wrote:
Baker has signed a three-year deal as County paid £175,000 for his services. That figure could rise to £225,000 dependant on appearances.

So we're due nowt.

looks that way
heysham_mfc

Postby eggchaser » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:51 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
The Marksman wrote:

So we're due nowt.

looks that way

well no thats a completely seperate part of the first deal, we sold him for £175,000 and in that transfer we put a clause that if Carl played a certain amount of games for them i.e 50 games then they would have to pay us an extra £50,000 but we also had a sell on clause in the contract meaning that we will get X% of whatever the next transfer fee is.
Football is a gentleman's game, played by thugs
and Rugby is a thug's game, played by gentleman
eggchaser

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:08 am

heysham_mfc wrote:
The Marksman wrote:

So we're due nowt.

looks that way

Unless you are fully aware of the original deal and all its clauses, then I would suggest that this is speculation on your part.

However if it was ever posted on SVs by an official of our club stating the precise details of the deal then I will gladly withdraw my comments. But as the Board (quite rightly) keep such dealings private then I doubt that I will have to withdraw my comment.

NOTE: I suspect that there will be many SVs no doubt searching through previous posts and in particular details of the precise deal to prove me wrong.......again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:28 am

As the King of Speculation it is a bit rich accusing someone else of speculation.

Especially when it is not speculation. It is a quote from the Stockport newspaper report that was linked above.

Speculation is when you are reduced to quoting other gossip mongers from other websites to cobble some kind of post together. ;)

If you want a 'No speculation' rule Neil, we could put it to the vote, but I suspect you would be reduced to about two posts a day if it happenned! :lol:
Mark S

Postby Christies Child » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:54 am

Mark S wrote:As the King of Speculation it is a bit rich accusing someone else of speculation.

Especially when it is not speculation. It is a quote from the Stockport newspaper report that was linked above.

Speculation is when you are reduced to quoting other gossip mongers from other websites to cobble some kind of post together. ;)

If you want a 'No speculation' rule Neil, we could put it to the vote, but I suspect you would be reduced to about two posts a day if it happenned! :lol:

I only responded to the highlighted comment that we would receive nothing from the deal due to the lack of appearances. On what was that post based? Certainly not in any newspaper articles that i have read or any postings elsewhere.

As for accusing me of 'speculation' that's suggesting that I [b]deliberately [b]post information that i know [/b]to be untrue. If that is what you think then you are most certainly wrong and I resent the implication especially from yourself. :shock:[/b]
Christies Child

Postby Mark S » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 pm

Christies Child wrote:
I only responded to the highlighted comment that we would receive nothing from the deal due to the lack of appearances. On what was that post based? Certainly not in any newspaper articles that i have read or any postings elsewhere.

As for accusing me of 'speculation' that's suggesting that I [b]deliberately [b]post information that i know [/b]to be untrue. If that is what you think then you are most certainly wrong and I resent the implication especially from yourself. :shock:[/b]

http://www.stockportexpress.co.uk/sport ... er_jets_in

About six posts up.

Neil

You accused other members of 'speculation'. Your definition of 'Speculation' was "Unless you are fully aware of the original deal and all its clauses, then I would suggest that this is speculation on your part"

If that is your personal rule from now on, I will watch with interest. ;)

Posting information that is known to be untrue is not 'speculation' in my book, that is malicious lying. I dont think you do that at all. I do think that you post rumours, innuendo and unfounded speculation. The Peter Davenport rumour above is a prime example of that. An annonymous poster that you dont know from Adam from a Southport site posts it and all of a sudden it is your "understanding".

Maybe a "Think twice before posting" policy could be advised? Less is more. Quality is lost in quantity.

Sorry if I have upset you, not my intention. We have always got on. But as a friend I would say you are in danger of getting lost in your own hype.
Mark S

Postby Richard Head » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:32 pm

Carl Baker sub for Coventry today
Richard Head

Postby outsider » Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:56 pm

But Clinton Morrison, replacing and injured Aron Gunnarsson in the closing moments, made sure of the points for Chris Coleman's side with a typical poachers goal two minutes into six minutes of added time.

Baker started the move with some excellent skill on the left flank before cutting inside and using his strength to get the ball to Morrison.

His first shot forced an excellent save out of Steele who palmed the ball away from his goal as far as Best on the goal-line, his delicate half-volley cross finding Morrison to head home inside the six-yard area and help lift City to 14th in the Championship table.
All posts posted under "Outsider" are my own personal views.

DILLIGAF

Viva la Revolution

The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!
outsider

Postby mellow » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:35 pm

Christies Child wrote:Good luck Carl.

Lol. He enjoys so much faith he hardly starts!

Christies Child wrote:Closer to home, I understand that Peter Davenport has been doing some scouting for us of late.

:lol:
mellow

Postby Posh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:12 pm

mellow wrote:
Christies Child wrote:Good luck Carl.

Lol. He enjoys so much faith he hardly starts!

Christies Child wrote:Closer to home, I understand that Peter Davenport has been doing some scouting for us of late.

:lol:

Duffy plays well in the hole but hasn't the physicall attributes to be an out and out winger.

As for you Mellow, I've missed you.
VIVE LA REVOLUTION!
Posh

Return to General Discussion