Think well be OFF on Saturday Again????????

Re: Think well be OFF on Saturday Again????????

Postby campdave » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:43 pm

RedRedWine wrote:
But.....the snow may actually be acting as insulation against the harsh frost expected tonight, protecting the pitch underneath.

Given the weather leading up to the snow, I'd be surprised if it wasn't frozen under the snow as well. Monday morning was one of the worst frosts I've ever scraped off my car, and I only live up the road from Christie.
campdave

Postby greenshrimp » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Which 'well' will be off???

Looking at the UK weather today, I don't think many games will go ahead this weekend.
greenshrimp

Postby ockers » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:18 am

expect news on this within next 24 hours
carlisle are having a pitch inspection today
im certain the club will be following that lead
official site will have news as it comes in
ockers

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:57 am

I work on white cross in lancaster as security officer and i can tell people that at 2am this morning it was minus 6 like i said previously not a cat in hells chance of saturday been on SORRY GUYS and also as anyone taken into consideration the opposition may not be able to get here cos of the severe weather
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby North Stand Shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:51 am

Minus 10 in lancaster last night.

I really can't imagine the game being on. another 2 nights well below freezing are forecast with the daytime temp not getting above 0 either so the pitch will be rock hard.
North Stand Shrimp

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:22 am

just been past christie park on route home the pitch is covered in snow and ice and the car parks and pavements are like sheets of glass what's the need for a pitch inspection
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:23 am

Herefords game has just been called of the first of many this weekend
heysham_mfc

Postby Blackpool Shrimp » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:25 am

Sheff wed v peterbrough just gone too
Blackpool Shrimp

Postby steve mfc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:37 am

Every time the forecast is updated its for the worse, cant see many games beating the weather this weekend.
steve mfc

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:52 am

Wouldn't be suprised if an early pitch inspection is made, possibly tomorrow to save Burton the cost of travel.

Personally I can't see any way in which the game can go ahead. It was -12C in Storth at 7am this morning and has 'shot up' to a currently tropical -6C.... :o :o :o The forecast is dire for the next 72 hours with more snow expected for the weekend and next week!

It would also be of benefit to both clubs fans as they could make alternative arrangements for Saturday afternoon.

Anybody for shopping......or a bit of skiing :( :( :(
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby darrenlock » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:13 pm

No chance the game being on there talking about Premiership matches being called off and they have under soil heating.
Game be off maybe play again next week tueday-wednesday maybe.
darrenlock

Postby thegentlegiant » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:46 pm

only 3 games remain in league 2 now, and i am, sure that they will be called off to.

Also only 3 games in league 1.

Got a feeling this January could be the worst football month ever....I have never seen so many games called off!! Bad times indeed! :?
thegentlegiant

Postby Weetabix Kid » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:39 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:only 3 games remain in league 2 now, and i am, sure that they will be called off to.

Got a feeling this January could be the worst football month ever....I have never seen so many games called off!! Bad times indeed! :?

Just think how bad it is in the local N.Lancs Saturday League !
Weetabix Kid

Postby Christies Child » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:02 pm

thegentlegiant wrote:only 3 games remain in league 2 now, and i am, sure that they will be called off to.

Hasn't touched the crisis of the early 60's when we covered the ground in peat or something similar and League clubs were clammering to use our pitch for practice matches.

It wasn't so good in 75/76 I seem to recall.
Heroes get mentioned but Legends never die.
Christies Child

Postby heysham_mfc » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:26 pm

at least with the fixtures being called off at lots of clubs everyone is in the same boat
heysham_mfc

Postby seasonsinthesun » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:39 pm

I would be surprised if the Hereford match is on next week as they have had horrendous weather down there, even worse than up here, and the forecast is for the temperatures to stay low for the next seven days, so our next game is likely to be home to Barnet with Hunter and Wilson unavailable.
Coates Pearson Street Baldwin Bennett Sutton Done Roberts Kershaw Webber Richmond Galley - Shrimps '74 Legends
seasonsinthesun

Postby heysham_mfc » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 pm

seasonsinthesun wrote:I would be surprised if the Hereford match is on next week as they have had horrendous weather down there, even worse than up here, and the forecast is for the temperatures to stay low for the next seven days, so our next game is likely to be home to Barnet with Hunter and Wilson unavailable.

I was going to go to Hereford but have put making a desision on hold untill I can see what the weather is going to be like down there
heysham_mfc

Postby thegentlegiant » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:15 am

well last 2 weeks of jan are gonna be all go for fixtures, guessing this saturdays game will be moved to a tuesday!
thegentlegiant

Postby bill ding » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:40 am

thegentlegiant wrote:well last 2 weeks of jan are gonna be all go for fixtures, guessing this saturdays game will be moved to a tuesday!

Looking forward to this weather passing so i can get my footy fix, was not able to get to .boxing day match so Bournmouth was my last game.
Mind you its not the best situation for the club ,with the possibility of 3 games close together making it expensive for the pay on the day supporters and reducing crowd numbers.
Having sex is like playing bridge.......If you don't have a good partner, you'd better have a good hand !
bill ding

Previous

Return to General Discussion